Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film movies to avoid !!!

Definitely. I'd never explicitily put my finger on it before, but I think their chemistry is a big part of what makes it enjoyable. Dunno if you've seen Spaced the series, but I think there's also a chemistry between Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson (the female lead).

Simon Pegg is the shit.

I don't think I ever cared about Thor comics though. I'm even less excited about the movie. Will be avoiding.
i never cared for thor either but i was happily surprised by the movie

the visuals are really neat
i like the bridge the most

and the credits : pretty much a hubble video camera travelling through the universe at >light speed

I made the mistake of seeing it in 3D and the 3D effects were non-existent
i got a different feeling
i wanted to see it in 2D but would have had to wait one hour so i went to the 3D one
i found that it did enhance the movie, and certainly didn't spoil it like in alice in wonderland for instance

The Green Hornet
i'm not saying it's a great movie, but think about the effects used when the guys are fighting at different changing speeds at the same time
it's totally awesome

first movie to use this very technique (invented by gondry) to my knowledge

Goodfellas, Citizen Kane, Shawshank Redemption . . .

... Fargo, Pulp Fiction, Midnight Cowboy...

but on a serious note, Starship Troopers? what could you possibly want out of a movie--other than subtlety, which belongs elsewhere--that Starship Troopers does not deliver?

Good Nic Cage films: Raising Arizona, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, The Weatherman, Kick-Ass

...Adaptation, Matchstick Men, Lord of War, The Weatherman and Kick-Ass are easily some of my favorite all-time top movies. i agree; Nic can do good and bad. maybe he needs to refine his script selection skills.

Adaptation was based around the book by The Orchid Thief by Susan Orlean(i'm not sure that it was meant to be a sequel to Being John Malkovich as someone mentioned). if you (universal you) like the movie, you should absolutely read the book - if you haven't already. :)

Candy w/ Heath Ledger

i didn't think it was terrible... book was definitely better.

zomg! i watched this just recently one very drunken evening. wow - so awful it was entertaining.

Movies to avoid... Thor

i agree, the 3D effects were pretty weak, but i liked Thor. i guess i don't go to those movies with the expectation that the plot will be good as much as it's going to be really visually stimulating - and it was. i also appreciated the comic relief.

either way, even if someone told me to avoid a movie, i think i'd have to watch it just to see why someone would dislike it so.

also to the OP: i think metacritic is much more reliable when it comes to rating films (and games, music and TV).

cube zero has to be the one of the worst movies i've ever seen.
i loved cube, i give it a 9/10.
cube 2 was decent, 7/10.
cube zero .5/10.
the acting was attrocious, and it took a lot of the mystery out of why the hell there was a cube.

Yep, Cube Zero falls into the avoid category. It's hard to make a list. Every movie I can think of is also a movie I absolutely think everyone should watch to bathe in the badness, to over-analyze, to extract all possible humor until both the movie and life have lost all meaning.

"The Room," easily the worst movie ever made, should be avoided at all costs unless you are like me and like to shed tears of joy with the pain.

"S. Darko" should be avoided because watching it is like spending your last twenty bucks on some E only to wait for two hours and realize it's bunk and never going to hit.

"Pandorum" should be renamed "The Ultimate Patience Test." Twice, I had to leave to go buy candy so that I could throw handfuls of it into the audience from the back door for some solid lulz. When a movie makes you ache for the raw pleasures of anti-social behavior, you know it must be poison on some deep natural level.

"The Wicker Man" should probably be watched and studied. On youtube there are some great compilations, but if I was really excited to see a horror or suspense movie and someone made me watch this I would probably be very angry and make a scene about it, maybe even lose a friend over it.

"Next" should just be avoided. There aren't any redeeming qualities - not even accidental ones.

"Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever" stars Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu. It is a really bad action movie. Another one with no redeeming qualities.

"The Room," easily the worst movie ever made, should be avoided at all costs unless you are like me and like to shed tears of joy with the pain.

The Room is definitely one of those 'so bad it's good' films. An arthouse cinema in the city I live near does a nighttime session of it every now and then. People get drunk and throw plastic spoons at the screen and yell out stuff.

Here's the Viwer's Guide.

Lot's of fun. :)

Do NOT, under any circumstance, watch "Burke and Hare".

Simon Pegg, Andy Serkis & Bill Bailey are humiliated by hack director John Landis (who hasn't made a decent film since 1988's "Coming to America") in this embarrassingly misguided attempt at an old-school slapstick throwback. The same stale jokes are re-cycled. There is a lot of running about and slop being poured on people. I kept getting a Benny Hill vibe, which is sad because Pegg is a greater writer and Serkis is a wonderful actor.

Another case of an American producer getting hold of some British comic talent and having no idea what to do with it, or how to adapt it for US audiences.

The result is appalling, an absolute mess.

Burke and Hare = 0 stars

It's not quite as bad as Blues Brothers 2000, but it's pretty fucking close.

What?!?!?

You take that back!

The Room is definitely one of those 'so bad it's good' films. An arthouse cinema in the city I live near does a nighttime session of it every now and then. People get drunk and throw plastic spoons at the screen and yell out stuff.

Here's the Viwer's Guide.

Lot's of fun. :)

I've never seen it, but I've watched the Nostalgia Critic's review on it. His review, the movie and Tommy Wiseau are fucking hilarious! It's all the more funny once you realize that Wiseau actually thinks he's giving a great performance. I will be buying this movie soon and spring it on unsuspecting people.

Light one up and watch the review. Warning: You might crack a rib. =D

Here's the video: Nostalgia Critic: The Room

Green_river_killer_movie_1.jpg

I seriously think that this movie is designed to drive you insane if you watch it from beginning to end. It looks like it was filmed with a video camera bought from Wal-Mart.The river from the title was nothing but a few big puddles of water. The acting.....oh fuck me the acting. The horror. I seriously think they were just giving homeless people food and shelter to star in this movie.

God help me I tried to watch it. My gf at the time had picked it out when we bought 5 movies for $20.00 from the soon-to-be defunct Blockbuster. We sat there in uncomfortable silence, staring in disbelief. When the killer insisted that the prostitute take a shit before they had sex and insisted on helping her wipe, my gf said, "Fuuuuuuuuuuck this movie!"

There's so much more, (or should I say less) but we couldn't make it through 25 minutes of it. It felt like hours. There really aren't enough words in my vocabulary to describe how shitty this movie is.

Yep. My Own Private Idaho certainly doesn't deserve to be here. In fact, I'd include it in the list of films that should be watched, not avoided.

The Brown Bunny....is it really worth waiting through all that mindnumbing bullshit just to see felatio...Hmmmm? NO!

Superbad - Completely unfunny piece of trash.
Primer - Pretentious, impossible to understand waste of time.
Eraserhead - What the fuck man. Totally bizarre, and boring too.
The Shining - Too scary and unpleasant. Good movie though.

Starship Troopers and Existenz are great. No idea why someone should avoid those.