• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film movies to avoid !!!

smackcraft

Bluelighter
over the past few years alot of utter shite has been hitting the screens and i often go by the IMDB ratings but it seems that the people on IMDB have not seen a good film in a while and forgotten what they are like and tend to argue with you when you post things like scream 4 did not deserve a 7/10 star rating and the film was gash .. poor buggers

so from your fucked up crap like Skyline by the brothers straus or a badly milked out series like scream 4 which movies have you seen lately that has been utter tripe yet everyone else seems to think they were good ?

I watched Insidius last night ... it was ok to begin with then you had an old woman wearing a gas mask to contact the dead and demons that looked like a product of cross breeding from darth maul from star wars and a centaur from clash of the titans .. this film is a much needed AVOID censor on it but still the IMDB posters think it deserved a rating of 7.3/10 where i thought its poor acting and bad script deserved a 3 star rating at most ..

believe me stay away from this pile of horse shit http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591095/

so please help the BL community avoid these awfuls and post the channel changing movies you have watched lately

I was amazed at how many people liked Jurassic Park III, despite my thinking it was one of the very worst big-ticket films of the past decade. I really wanted to put an axe through the screen after the final scene, which turned a previously just-bad movie into a celluloid abortion; what a cheat, really.

Sadly i think your over-estimating the average IQ of the movie going public.
I also think there are two kinds of bad movies-there are B-movie bad movies that are awesomely bad and appreciate those
then there are the movies you are talking about- just plain unwatchable horse shit..if Will Smith and The Rock are on your radar as consummate actors then you have shitty taste in movies and thats not my opinion its just the truth.
Anyway..some baaaad movies
The Bad Lieutenant- Port of Call New Orleans..
ok i gotta go i got more though

It's all subjective, so is kind of a waste of time discussing what's good and what's not really. People like what they like, regardless of what you or I might think.

^ I agree that different people have different tastes, but I think we can all agree that 'The Chronicles of Riddick' was just an atrocity.

Have you seen FAST FIVE yet? I don't think you should judge the entire series based on the other 4 movies. This one is definitely worth spending 12 dollars to see.

It has BOTH The Rock and Vin Diesel.

I'm pretty sure I'm joking. But I haven't seen it - it may blow my mind.

lol I thought so, can't be too sure on teh internetz though..

The Time Machine (2002).

This is one of those rare "half-bad" movies. I mean that quite literally: the first half of the movie is pretty good, even excellent, before going down the shitter in the second half.

Another disappointment in the same category is Daybreakers (2010), which I had such high hopes for when I walked in. It's better than The Time Machine, but still half-bad.

^ I agree that different people have different tastes, but I think we can all agree that 'The Chronicles of Riddick' was just an atrocity.

You could have probably picked any other Vin Diesel movie besides Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick and I would have agreed. :/

Pitch Black was a pretty great movie, considering the dearth of good sci-fi going on at the time, and CoR was a decent sequel. Also, the making of Pitch Black was probably one of the best DVD Extras I've ever watched.

^ is that a serious tone or sarcasm?
when in doubt... think :)

i'd like to support muvolution for not adding "(i'm being sarcastic)" after his post
you're doing it right

it was not even subtile enough to leave a doubt, but then, different cultures have different ways of reading the same text

i walked out of 3 movies
in the room
dragon heart
punch drunk love

there's a few others i would have walked out if i had not been with someone else

then, during the last year, there's a few i've started watching on my computer but not finished. but they're asian movies that no one has heard about

^
It was a "good bad" movie; though I thought the basic premise, cinematography, and film score were great, the loopholes and pacing kept it from its potential, IMO.

Another movie to avoid: Alexander. I don't know how you can screw up a biopic about arguably the greatest Greek figure ever--with a Vangelis soundtrack, no less--but Oliver Stone did. Two things I remember from seeing it in the theater:

1.) It was nearly empty.
2.) The guy several rows in front of us who kept checking his phone like twenty times before finally walking out.

You could have probably picked any other Vin Diesel movie besides Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick and I would have agreed. :/

Pitch Black was a pretty great movie, considering the dearth of good sci-fi going on at the time, and CoR was a decent sequel. Also, the making of Pitch Black was probably one of the best DVD Extras I've ever watched.

See, I loved Pitch Black, but Chronicles of Riddick just did nothing for me.