Mother fucking methadone withdrawal fuck my life

cire113

Bluelighter
I stopped methadone dec 9th approx 3 years at 100mg and switched to 500mg oxycodone for 20 days;

I did ibogaine was sober 5 days caved in to the ridiculousness of the situation and been on 2mg of suboxone twice a day for a week...

I feel like absolute DEATH; zero energy

I was literally just crawling on the floor to move...

If I didn't have the sub as a crutch it would be impossible it already feels that way ...

Fuck methadone getting back on it is not an option;

Most of my physical WD is gone but my body is dead and i can't do nothing and can't do something ;

It's the most fucked up mindset ever...

I was barely able to walk on the treadmill today and do light exercise

Plz help

I know the feeling, trust me.
I was on Methadone 90MG for 2 years.
I did not methadone taper - just a 4 day suboxone taper - which I thought didn't help.
Methadone is sooooo tricky, I was pretty sick for about a month but it started getting a little better.
The doctor prescribed me a benzo and BP medicine - so that helped a little bit.
The lethargic feeling, sucks and I am sure you're experiencing that anxious feeling too.
It passes mate I promise you.
It takes awhile to get over the methadone!

congratulations on being off i know how tough this is.

on methadone your perception doesn't work properly, you become unconcerened about everything and it really doesn't matter if you are awake or asleep. i am on 80mg at the moment but i often do more and i adapt to everything rather then changing it, it's fucked up.
it is just normal that you feel like death now that you see clearly what you got yourself into but you have the power to change it now. stay on track! much respect, i wish i could do it too. things will fall into place for you i am sure.

Op: why would you go cold turkey? Average: i disagree. I am on 100 mgs and doing great. I am happy and doing great at work. My mood is totally stable. Just bought a new pet... started paying my bills again... i actually feel normal and human again. I dont feel fear or shame every day. I put myself in debt but have more money now. I am just very happy. And thank god for the done. It seems to me that the people that had small habits dont do well on it. I had a heavy iv habit and it took me atleast 6 weeks to start to stabalize. I think some people take more than they needed to help with their habit bc they still try to get high and turn themselves into zombies. For me i was still withdraawing and craving and sweating like a pig at night until i went to 100 mgs. Meanwhile a friend of mine could not handle the done. 50 mgs knocked him on his ass And he weighs over 100 lbs more than me but he didn't iv! So i guess the right dosage means every thing. My guess is its too high for you if you dont care about anything. Maybe u would have been better off on subs. I did great on subs my first time until i lost my insurance and relapsed. My relapse lasted over 2 yrs and i did 1 1/2-3 buns a day iv. Anywhere from 15 to 30 bags a day. I got down to roughly 15 before i got on methadone but couldn't get below that and would go back up again. It was a nightmare. I am so happy nown. Try to come down a bit and see if u "wake up"

I think i may have accidently reported myself trying to edit! Just wanted to add i even look healthy again. it took a bit but i got my appetite back and put back on 10 lbs that i desperately needed! I don't sleep during the day or feel tired, sleep great at night, eat again and just feel normal. I really believe the right dosage is everything!

no it is not too much its just me and it is probably not true for everyone.

i was down to 50mg allready and i did h ontop of it everyday when i was that low. i am sweating like crazy even on the 80mgs i am on now but that is probably because i don't stick to my regular dosage scheme and i sometimes i.v. the done.

Last edited:
Fuck methadone good luck getting off that shit holy ducking shit

I'm on 4mg of sub and it ain't doin shit

I wonder if this is what feeling 98 feels like

The worst is this inner restless feeling I have constantly

The shit will wear you down

I know how you feel :( <3. I'm sorry I don't have any good advice other than to try to survive it. Food probably isn't very appealing but you need to make sure you eat. Clonadine, benzos, and weed at times has helped me.

Wishing you the best.

methadone is the worst of the worst to withdraw from.
I CT'd off 60mg last year and couldn't walk,pissed myself and eventually smoked some tar just to cope.
now on subs but yeah,I feel your pain.

stay strong.

How long does it take to feel better on subs; I've been on subs around 10 days and still fee like ASS

Mother fucking fuck my life

I am so restless it's God awful

I was on 380mg of methadone for a few years. I actually tapered off of it myself (I never informed the clinic...all my doses were take home tablets, and I just started taking less).

I reduced all the way from 380mg to 1/4 of a 10mg tablet. I actually had some very real withdrawal symptoms from that final drop of 2.5mg to 0mg, which felt far worse than any previous dose reduction I had made (the final drop was, obviously, a 100% dose reduction). This really worked rather well for me, as I haven't had another major opioid addiction since then. That said, by decreasing my dose without telling the clinic, I amassed well over a thousand 10mg tablets....which a few years later, I developed a small addiction to, but was able to quit (relatively painlessly) the same way (it was in my mind a very minor addiction, with doses not exceeding 30mg a day or so). Due its relatively low potency (relative to suboxone), there is a lot of room for exceptionally gradual for dose titration. That said, the final drop from 2.5mg to 0mg produced some surprisingly intense "bone pain".

Point is, the withdrawal is tolerable if you approach it very methodically. Of course, if you drop from any sizable dose, you are really setting yourself up for disaster. Methadone was rather effective in my case. Very occasionally, I'll use opioids, yet that 380mg/day for a few years has given me a permanent tolerance to opioids.

And funny enough, I suppose from all that conditioning, my favorite recreational opioid has become methadone. That wasn't always the case, but those years of megadose methadose did something to brain, where to this day, all opioids pale in comparison to methadone. So I guess I am not exactly 100% cured since my mouth still waters for the drug years later, but I'm not an opioid addict anymore.

dam negro, didn't even know your still alive bro; man i remember where you were tapering from diazepam powder or some shit years ago;; but yeah i feel you man;

Methadone is really the KING of all opiates; I actually prefer methadone to any other opiate including heroin; because it simply is the most ridiculous longest lasting and strongest opiod every fucking made; I am so glad to be off of it;

To give an update; today and yesterday i am down to 1mg of suboxone; It hasn't been easy but I've been able to somehow do it;

My biggest issue I'm facing with is i have so much fucking free TIME i have no idea what the fuck to do with myself;

Ive been on the subs about 17 days; So I'm really trying to taper down and quit before I have to kick that too badly;

Luckily there is still some ibogaine in my system which is helping that is still being released whenever i get a massage or do hard physical activity...

But man FUCK methadone; I will never ever take that shit ever again; holy fucking god; and I was on 100mg a day about;

There were times when i took upward to 200mg at one time; but man i was lucky i had a dr RX me methadone for pain; but man it just isn't worth it in the long run... Im SOO GLAD to be off it;

But now i have to face the reality of a life without any drugs at all.....

Do you guys think I'm dropping the sub too fast? Could I jump at 1mg? If I've only been taking them 16 days?

I was gonna take 1mg for a few more days then take half of that which is a crumb because i have 2mg tablets then just stop at .50mg around day 21-24 or so;

Honestly i don't think its gonna e that bad because i detoxed already completely off the DONE....

Which i had a fucking ibogaine booster about now....

I was on 380mg of methadone for a few years. I actually tapered off of it myself (I never informed the clinic...all my doses were take home tablets, and I just started taking less).

380mg!? that is an insanely high mmt dose! i can imagine how unfun coming off of it was....damn props to you my friend

I could easily see how someone could die from high dose methadone cold turkey by being too dehydrated .....

It's almost like the withdrawal is really mimicking the exact opposite of how good you felt and also keeps track of the time you have been using for as well; crazy

Just keep pushing cire<3<3<3

There is an end. I promise you. I jumped a 150 mgpd done + 260 mgpd roxy addiction. Hell of road. Will be four years in august totally opiate free. Settle in for the ride. Don't even worry about the sleep. Methadone is such a complex chemical in the way it affects the brain. It will get better. If i can do it anyone can. Your doing amazing!!!!

i can't imagine coming off the kind of methadone dosages you guys are discussing here . I am impressed with all of you! I am going through my first methadone WD as I write this and I decided to come on here and find answers to why I have Zero energy and why it has lasted solo long after stopping.
I kind of feel crappy complaining about my WDs since my dosage was so low but I've always been a micro doser of all drugs . I was using about 30-50mg of OP (oxymorophone) for 3-4 years (worked up to that with minimal amounts of oxycodone over 2-3 years. But only recently did I get involved with methadone when I couldn't get anything else . I only used it a few times on weekends when I had no choice and then about 3 months ago I happened upon 270mgs worth of the red liquid . I wasn't planning on using it but I'm currently out of state and have no connections so once my OP ran out I started doing 10mg methadone 2 times a day until my supply ran out and then... The most drained and crappy I've ever felt ! this is not my first WD, probably 7-10 over the years but all of the negative effects ended after 5-7 days aside from depression. But this time it's been 14 days and I feel almost no difference from the first night I stopped . I came across a few vicoden (13 - 5/325 ) during that time that I tried to use to ease it but they did almost nothing and probably made this experience longer .
I used to use my adderall script on day 3 of my previous WDs and everything would get a lot better but now if I try addys I feel twice as tired and like I'm gonna have a blood pressure induced heart attack . I can't believe how bad this is !! Any one have insight into how long these neg effects last when you are completely opiate free? Thanks ahead of time and serious props to all of you for quitting from you much higher doses

^^^^^

Everyday gets better man hang in there; it could be ALOT worse; fuck

Just an update; I quit subs 3 days ago; Today is DAY 3 i tapered all the way down to .5mg and jumped; i was only on subs about a month;

Im about to be on day 4 and really don't feel that bad at all;

I've got clonidine, gabapentin, immodium...

It seems the subs helped me get over the methadone withdrawal;

I have to say i think the Ibogaine actually fucking worked; crazy!

Wish me luck and all you can do is take it one day at a time..

Methadone WITHDRAWAL SUCKS

Op: why would you go cold turkey? Average: i disagree. I am on 100 mgs and doing great. I am happy and doing great at work. My mood is totally stable. Just bought a new pet... started paying my bills again... i actually feel normal and human again. I dont feel fear or shame every day. I put myself in debt but have more money now. I am just very happy. And thank god for the done. It seems to me that the people that had small habits dont do well on it. I had a heavy iv habit and it took me atleast 6 weeks to start to stabalize. I think some people take more than they needed to help with their habit bc they still try to get high and turn themselves into zombies. For me i was still withdraawing and craving and sweating like a pig at night until i went to 100 mgs. Meanwhile a friend of mine could not handle the done. 50 mgs knocked him on his ass And he weighs over 100 lbs more than me but he didn't iv! So i guess the right dosage means every thing. My guess is its too high for you if you dont care about anything. Maybe u would have been better off on subs. I did great on subs my first time until i lost my insurance and relapsed. My relapse lasted over 2 yrs and i did 1 1/2-3 buns a day iv. Anywhere from 15 to 30 bags a day. I got down to roughly 15 before i got on methadone but couldn't get below that and would go back up again. It was a nightmare. I am so happy nown. Try to come down a bit and see if u "wake up"

I agree, I had a huge habit (IV) when I started and am on a similar dose to you and pretty much just feel normal. Doctor told me with my habit it was probably not worth trying subuxone since I'd probably need more than the ceiling limit.

Trust me you will feel "norma" only because blood plasma levels aren't really dropping or raising once; but that "normal" is under the influence of a heavy heavy narcotic; methadone imo the worlds strongest long lasting narcotic by far;

I felt good int he beginning too but after being on methadone a while; the side effects and just it all caught up with me and i felt like SHIT; Just my experience though more power to the people who take methadone for life; But i don't know many OLD people on methadone.... I don't doubt methadone and sub saves lives; but man there comes a point where i had to be honest with myself and realize yeah I'm not doing dope but being on methadone forever would really suck.....Some people never reach that point some do; and its ALL good; EVERYONE is on a different journey and path in life.

methadone did save my life no doubt; after being on it almost 3 years though i had enough; I didn't even go to a clinic either; i had it RXED by a compassionate dr for "pain"; 80mg a day.. fucking lucky as shit; but getting it filled was a bitch; ironically i ended up getting a pharmacy in Sioux Falls, SD to fill it mail order after calling them and talking to their head pharmacists and pulling out my "Praise Jesus" card.... kinda funny right when i had an easy supply of methadone every month i ended up wanting to just stop the shit;

also I'm convinced that mixing methadone with benzos is <the way so many people overdose and die> ; But ya know guys; i SHOULD be dead 10x over; But I'm not; its a FUCKING MIRACLE...

Just watched that new documentary on PBS "Chasing Heroin" and man it gave me the chills i could really feel for the ppl on that show; Great documentary btw i highly recommend its like 2 hours long;

Anyways today/tmmrw is 7 days off the subs and I am feeling like much better each day; and the sub withdrawal was PATHETIC; maybe cause i was only on 1 month and on 1mg or less mostly; but man it was not even close to as bad as i thought it would be; I expect by day 14 I will be feeling almost normal; I don't know if there is still some noribogaine in my system or what; but Dam I'm grateful...

This shit is no joke; I truely feel for anyone that has tried to quit long term Methadone or Subs;

The problem now is my life feels so empty and i need to start filling it back up with shit and doing regular stuff to like eating well exercise etc;

Its hard when I'm used to doing "NOTHING" all day.....

Anyways all I have is now; It feels like I'm coming back to life ; back from the dead; its crazy how you do "feel normal" but then when you stop EVERYTHING and your sober its like WOW; what the fuck kinda moment; Its surreal people;

Good Luck on your Journey;

Last edited by a moderator: