• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Most Spiritual Psychedelic?

The most dramatic change for me beyond the release from a 10 year addiction to opiates has been concern over my health...and being intently aware of my diet. It took me a few weeks to figure out how to eat (literally), because I didn't realize my instincts for food had changed, but gradually it began to settle. I still drink at least one meal a day (vegetables, fruit, and yogart to make a smoothie). And I still do not eat out. I know there are good restaurants out there but for the most part I do not trust others to prepare my meals. I look at diet as being like one's choice in sexual partners...I am careful what I put in my body. For me, that means I (for the most part) only eat fresh fruits and vegetables (I buy a month's supply of food at Sams and freeze the lot of it), and chicken, cheese, eggs, hummus, and the occasional hamburger. Basically, my diet is that I will not eat food from a box, and I will not eat food I don't prepare myself. If I am going to be out of the house, I make my meals the night before and brown bag it. I feel great from my diet, and yes I am saying my shit don't stink because it literally doesn't since I started eating like this. Beyond that, I still don't smoke though I admit I would shrivel up and die without my ecig.

Beyond that, my outlook with regards to spirituality, is still in line with what I learned from iboga. I see everything as being connected, there are no coincidences.

I can say ibogaine worked and worked well for me with regard to drug intake. It is still accurate to say I never have had any cravings for opiates in the past year. I have had some extremely difficult circumstances happen to me since October, including the terrible interruption of my plans to move to Washington State which devastated me. I spent a bit of time in jail in October and heroin was available to me and I am so proud of myself for not indulging. I certainly had half a mind to enjoy some...I came close telling myself that 'what happens in jail stays in jail' but decided the food/commissary items were far more important to me that giving up on being opiate free.

The events of the past few weeks (which I will not comment on further for now) will be put into their logical place after my next session with ibogaine, sometime next week.

Last edited:
This is way too subjective. What's spiritual to one person is simply recreational to another person.

Not at all man. I've never heard of in my life anyone chalking up a ++++ (with or without psychedelics) as simply having been a 'recreational experience.' That is borderline offensive.

Sure, the psychedelic experience itself can be recreational to one, and an important life event to another...but when you bring in the mystical experience and a person calls it the most significant event of their lives along with getting married or having chur-win....it isn't the same thing. Did you not read the recent John Hopkins psilocybin study in which they scientifically quantify and qualify the spiritual experience? Of course not.

Yeah this does depend on the person. But I feel the same universal presence with every tryptamine. Sure they all have little differences, but that doesn't take away from it.