• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Most ridiculous prejudices against drug users

Well put.
Keep going with that thought and you get to oxy aficionados who look down on BTH users.
Stigma hampers harm reduction and recovery.

if ppl have the means to only use pharmaceutical oxy more power to them. If they couldn't afford it or aquire they would be guaranteed to be on BTH though in a day. Not sure why they would look down for being priviliged

if ppl have the means to only use pharmaceutical oxy more power to them. If they couldn't afford it or aquire they would be guaranteed to be on BTH though in a day. Not sure why they would look down for being priviliged
Me either. And most of those oxy users are GOING to wind up on BTH.

I say leaglize it all. Have buildings with 2 doors. One marked "Drugs". Other marked "Rehab". When you get tired of one, you go to the other. Works in either direction! Maybe put a church in between them...

I might be missed something but I've been on prescription pain meds for decades and never remotely thought less of BTH users. Where do you guys experience that sort of behavior? Hopefully not on BL, because if so, I'm clearly missing something somewhere along the line.

I might be missed something but I've been on prescription pain meds for decades and never remotely thought less of BTH users. Where do you guys experience that sort of behavior? Hopefully not on BL, because if so, I'm clearly missing something somewhere along the line.

I encountered some of this when I was in rehab or other forms of treatment. In particular, I was involved with a suboxone clinic for a while that made us go to weekly group counseling sessions. I was usually the only heroin user in the room; everyone else was strung out on pharmaceutical opioids. Several times one of the other patients would blather on about something like "I never wanted to get addicted, but at least I'm not doing heroin.​" I never really minded...the idea just seemed ridiculous.