• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Most emotionally numbing drugs?

fugme

Bluelighter
Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them i guess. Most people will answer benzo/opioid, but what actual drug is the most numbing? I'm calling drug preppers, what do you have in your stash? I know *PCP and analogs can be used for this purpose, but i imagine some antipsychotics (without histamine receptor affinity like quetiapine) would be the best?

Better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them i guess. Most people will answer benzo/opioid, but what actual drug is the most numbing? I'm calling drug preppers, what do you have in your stash? I know *PCP and analogs can be used for this purpose, but i imagine some antipsychotics (without histamine receptor affinity like quetiapine) would be the best?
I've never done any dissos so can't really speak on those. Me, personally, Xanax numbs me the most. I don't get high, I just don't give a shit about anything on it. I wouldn’t lump all benzos together, tho, cuz klonopin always actually made me feel good.

Ive had a few DOCs over the years and pretty much its always been whatever one Im into the most at the time.. was alcohol for the longest time, though that can make me really volatile as well. Opiates have been it for me. Meth has been and is currently.. ive had my little habits with coke or crack and many other things as well.. benzos at a point. Ghb. Ive had combo habits with multiple substances

sometimes I find that the drugs are whats making me feel too and being sober is where I feel empty and numb.

I think if youre numbing yourself, whatever your DOC is, regardless of what that is, is the answer.. Downers are kind of the go to since booze, benzos, opiates, those things are associated the most with feeling numb.. I kind of disagree though.

@cduggles you said gabapentin and lyrica. Why?

Antipsychotics do this, just as they're supposed to.

Amphetamine / meth makes me emotionally cold If taken every day. It's very different though. Some feelings are still greatly enhanced

gabapentin and lyrica. Why?
Because they have a dissociative effect.
Like Xanax chills me out, but Lyrica makes me feel nothing at all, either good or bad.
I had a friend here on BL who had felt the same way, and he was very experienced with most drugs, so I don’t think it’s just me.
I don’t have enough experience with gabapentin to comment on it - I know some people are affected differently by gabapentin and Lyrica, oddly enough.

Like Xanax chills me out, but Lyrica makes me feel nothing at all, either good or bad.
I had a friend here on BL who had felt the same way, and he was very experienced with most drugs, so I don’t think it’s just me.
I don’t have enough experience with gabapentin to comment on it - I know some people are affected differently by gabapentin and Lyrica, oddly enough.
Ive never gotten too too much out of gabapentin or lyrica, especially alone. Ive been scripted both and am scripted gabapentin 2x300mg a day. Ill often take 4 or whatever to catch a buzz but its always just supplementing the meth. It adds a nice touch there. By itself I really dont get anything significant from it even at monster doses.

Ive never gotten too too much out of gabapentin or lyrica, especially alone. Ive been scripted both and am scripted gabapentin 2x300mg a day. Ill often take 4 or whatever to catch a buzz but its always just supplementing the meth. It adds a nice touch there. By itself I really dont get anything significant from it even at monster doses.
Yes, and isn’t it strange that some people get wicked withdrawals and others can just CT, no problem? It’s an interesting class of drugs.

3-(2-chloro-10H-phenothiazin-10-yl)-N%2CN-dimethyl-propan-1-amine.png

Thorazine (Largactil for you Brits, i.e. chlorpromazine), easily. The rest of the answers are child's play comparatively. It's numbing even among other neuroleptics/antipsychotics. It achieves this by blockading just about every neurotransmitter. It has a Ki of 2.75 at 5HT2a, which is why it should be in every the toolkit of every "psychonaut"—it's a very effective "off switch" for psychedelics. Leary and Metzner recommend 50mg, i.m., and I stand by that as well. Come to think of it, it's a very effective "off switch" for agitation and just about everything else. Subjectively, it is very effective at acutely numbing distressing emotions. It doesn't do so by making you feel any emotions that are less distressing, very much the opposite, but it is nonetheless effective. It has a plethora of infelicitous side effects, but it's still a part of the psychiatric armamentarium for a reason—it does its job.

Thorazine_advert.jpg

Gabapentin and lyrica have a (noticeable) dissociative effect? Do you have any source for that?

Most GABA-drugs for me. Booze, benzos, GHB (at least when used often; the first times are euphoric, then it's like a brick-wall).

Lyrica gives me massive, MDMA-like-euphoria, while some of my friends get that brick-wall feeling from it.

Something from psychonautwiki
The cognitive effects of pregabalin can be broken down into several components which progressively intensify proportional to dosage. Pregabalin's headspace is comparable to a more clear-headed alcohol or benzodiazepine intoxication, although it can take a more dissociativeturn at very high dosages.

Something from psychonautwiki

I definitely find Lyrica to be dissociative at higher doses.
And to be boosting psychedelics. It's an odd substance, that's for sure.

Valproic Acid, is far most the numbing substance I was on, ever.

My exp involves Alcohol, Benzo's and Disso's.

I definitely find Lyrica to be dissociative at higher doses.
Yup me too, back in my reckless days I would do stupid amounts of gabapentin. I dont remember the actual doses but I do know a few times I'd pop an entire 90 count script in an afternoon if I was withdrawing from Opioids. And I would basically just lay there in a haze, seeing 5-8 of everything, room spinning and completely numb. Physically and mentally.

Apart from opioids I can only think of ketamine going by what I have tried. And laughing gas which is similar to ketamine but that doesn't last long.