• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Most Bioavailable route of administration for Ketamine?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I few days ago I got my hands on 2grams of Ketamine in rock form. I crushed it up into a fine powder without pieces flying everwhere lol. Now this was my first time doing it so I racked up a line half the size I would normally do for Coke (I didnt wanna go into a k-hole).

Within minutes I started to feel the effects like dissociation (out of body experience), complete tranquility, mild hallucinations, all my worries in life vanished, pain relief, no depression and anxiety. All in all it was a very pleasant experience!

Theres only one draw back that I don't like about it and that is the taste! I've already got 3grams on the way and I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to cap them up into capsules? Amazon sells empty capsules for peanuts. Whats the Nasal ROA like compared to Digestion ROA?

Help greatly appreciated! Many thanks.

If you're already an injecting drug user, IM is the way to go with ket. If not, try plugging. I never found ket that bad to snort tho personally.

I'd never inject thats just dirty, no disrespect to ppl who do, and I don't fancy sticking something up my ass. I suppose I'll just stick to snorting it.

Yeah then i suppose the only thing to do is grow to love the taste. It's not so bad. There's far worse tasting chemicals out there!

Just remember to spit the drip out or it'll fuck your insides up

The above and my own experiences lead me to think that other transmucousal routes work well, with applying a concentrated solution to the inside of the mouth, nose, throat and so on with a paintbrush, cotton swab, atomiser or the like being very effective. Dissolving it in water and/or other things, then spraying these areas in there with the highest absorption

Yup! Deffo rather do a line of ket than MD, taste wise (and effects wise most of the time).

How so? I'm new to ketamine and have only snorted it, but I was wondering if it was worth bombing because I don't like snorting drugs anymore.

It looks like first pass metabolism kills a lot of the dose. Intranasal comes in first and sublingual second. Even though sublingual is relatively fast acting, it's BA is about 30 %. Snorting is higher and of course IM would be the highest. Actually IV would be the highest but throwing yourself into a hole seconds after the shot would be messy and dangerous with an uncapped needle, much less having it hit so fast. It's not recommended medically either and can be problematic in several other ways.

If you don't mind losing a bit, SL might be the second best option to intranasal.

Because of extensive first-pass metabolism, oral bioavailability is poor and ketamine is vulnerable to pharmacokinetic drug interactions. Sublingual and nasal formulations of ketamine are being developed, and especially nasal administration produces rapid maximum plasma ketamine concentrations with relatively high bioavailability.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27028535

The median absolute bioavailability of sublingual ketamine was 29% (27, 31% ).

Hope this helps :)

I prefer the IM route all the way, but Í'm usually aiming for the holes. I don't stick it in my ass, I use the deltoid muscle everytime. but after a 1g session (150-200 mg doses ) it is uncomfortable to sleep on the right/left side so I only can sleep laying on my back, it's not that painful . the administration is not painful at all, as I only have 2ml in the 5ml barrel it is a piece of cake, I just get it in slowly, very slowly and there is no pain. to do it in the muscles of your ass needs more knowledge , but nothing extraordinary you just have to know how to divide your ass in 4 , there are several illustrations on this subject. but the deltoid muscle is the most easy to find and more comfortable to shoot

idk fubar if oral would be the way to go, it has such a low BA that you need huge doses, better keep snorting if you don't want to IM

How so? I'm new to ketamine and have only snorted it, but I was wondering if it was worth bombing because I don't like snorting drugs anymore.

Also taking it SL, orally and/or swallowing the drip from snorting you are risking the infamous 'k cramps' a hell of a lot quicker.

If you dont already know what these are trust me you don't want to find out the hard way. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. The pain is unreal. It can floor you.

They're basically gall bladder spasms from a pH imbalance inside your stomach, due to the pH of the ket (or nor-ket). And it feels like someone has their hand inside you and is just squeezing and twisting your insides relentlessly.

Certain acidy foods can help but even a heavy cocktail of opiates benzos weed and other pain killers won't touch them. The only thing that really helps is doing more ket. Almost instantly they disappear, but then come back worse. Thus beginning a vicious cycle that can go on for days.

Hot baths are one of the best non-ket relif.
Hot water bottles and heat pads are great too.
You can also try and puke up from your gallbladder but it's not pleasant, but you feel so good after all the white sludge comes up.

K isn't for the nose/mouth/insides etc. Look at the vials it's made in. They say 'for IM/IV use'.
Plugging isn't very pleasant either. The effect is good 2nd strongesr after IV but it kinda gives you a sore ass hole after lol.

While plugging, IM and IV can avoid k cramps a lot longer, no route will help with how quickly bladder problems can begin.
IV is my favourite and much stronger, whole different world to IM. But you have to be fucking careful lol.

I have spoken with at least one user who says that while the oral dosage is much higher (like 2.5x or something), it's his favorite ROA as it lasts much longer and is more immersive (I seem to recall that perhaps more or less is converted to nor-ketamine or something). In any case, it's certainly by far the least efficient ROA. Which has always been odd to me because literally every other acrylcyclohexylamine dissociative I've tried has been fully potent orally, most of them in fact I prefer and find more potent orally than nasally (MXE, 3-MeO-PCP/PCE, O-PCE, DCK, etc etc, even 2f-DCK which is very nearly ketamine).

Mxe was defo more potent orally or SL than snorted. Man I miss that stuff!

Never tried to plug/im/iv it. I wasn't into needles at that point. Would love to iv it. The one downside to oral/SL mxe was the come up length...bet iv is amazing!

Unfortunately I can't comment on any of the other dissos you mentioned.

Yeah oral MXE was my favorite. Well, plugged hits way harder and like twice as strong but oral was a more euphoric, functional experience. Nasal MXE was a waste, not as potent and a less nice effect.

i've just put ketamine in my mouth. was done trying to snort drugs off someone's cellphone screen in a music festival crowd. it worked fine.

best bioavailability would be intracranial injection. pretty safe and simple, if you know what you're doing.