• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Morphine Sulfate

PillPopper570

Bluelighter
How long does it take to become physically dependent on morphine? I’ve taken it for 3 days will I have any withdrawal.

no, you will have noticeable withdrawal if you take it for 1 month, i don't advocate taking it that much because craving will be developed and you will not able to stop/control your self, so its better to take it 2 days/week, even in that interval craving will be there and you will relapse in the long-term, it's better to take other type of drugs then opiates.
actually, 2 weeks and you're already feeling mild withdrawals.

no, you will have noticeable withdrawal if you take it for 1 month, i don't advocate taking it that much because craving will be developed and you will not able to stop/control your self, so its better to take it 2 days/week, even in that interval craving will be there and you will relapse in the long-term, it's better to take other type of drugs then opiates.

I agree opiates are bad things. I’m going to be wary. I’m not often able to get morphine anyway. Just been in a bad place and ended up using some. I’ll keep the morphine down to 2 days a week till it’s finished. Thanks for your advice mate.

How long does it take to become physically dependent on morphine? I’ve taken it for 3 days will I have any withdrawal.

No. It actually takes quite a long time to become physically dependent upon opiates if you have no past history of misuse. But it's good that you're worried because you should be. A full on opiate addiction is no joke and can take years or decades to overcome - that's if it doesn't kill you first.

Everyone is different so its impossible to say how long it will take, but to be on the safe side just knock it on the head now.

I think they already gave you the information you needed. But I want to tell you that if you have only been on morphine for 3 days, if you are worried about addiction, take morphine as short as possible, a week would be enough and you would not suffer withdrawal I guess

I have heard of people suffering some withdrawal after heavy all day use for a week with no prior opiate experience. This was IV heroin though.

I have heard of people suffering some withdrawal after heavy all day use for a week with no prior opiate experience. This was IV heroin though.
it doesn't matter man, When i had a FRESH brain. I started taking oxies like candy. After only 2 weeks of 20mg-30mg errday orally. i started to feel not serious after 12 hrs wds buttt i felt uncomfortable, had RLS, and pain in my legs along with lethargy. Oh and lost my appetite. That was my first experience withdrawing wehn i was 17 years old and i had only taken oxy probably for 15 days AND NOT EVEN everyday just 1 day ON 2 days off 1 day on 2 days off, etc. Trust me ppl u start getting wds after a short period of time.

it doesn't matter man, When i had a FRESH brain. I started taking oxies like candy. After only 2 weeks of 20mg-30mg errday orally. i started to feel not serious after 12 hrs wds buttt i felt uncomfortable, had RLS, and pain in my legs along with lethargy. Oh and lost my appetite. That was my first experience withdrawing wehn i was 17 years old and i had only taken oxy probably for 15 days AND NOT EVEN everyday just 1 day ON 2 days off 1 day on 2 days off, etc. Trust me ppl u start getting wds after a short period of time.

It doesn't take long. It actually took about 6mths or more for me because I would only binge for a few days every week or 10 days bit in retrospect I didn't feel right very soon into use and my cravings were unbearable. People need to know just how dangerous recreational opiate use is.

I had a friend that periodically used heroin for 8yrs and didn't understand us daily addicts or withdrawal, in till he had marriage problems over infidelity and his usage increased. He then had an accident at work. A cherry picker fell over and he broke about 10 bones in his body. He was put on morphine and oxy. He was then cut off and became a heavy heroin head and is now on suboxone. It eventually gets every periodic user I have ever known.

It doesn't take long. It actually took about 6mths or more for me because I would only binge for a few days every week or 10 days bit in retrospect I didn't feel right very soon into use and my cravings were unbearable. People need to know just how dangerous recreational opiate use is.

I had a friend that periodically used heroin for 8yrs and didn't understand us daily addicts or withdrawal, in till he had marriage problems over infidelity and his usage increased. He then had an accident at work. A cherry picker fell over and he broke about 10 bones in his body. He was put on morphine and oxy. He was then cut off and became a heavy heroin head and is now on suboxone. It eventually gets every periodic user I have ever known.
hjahahah that thing about chipping is bullshit seriously, i've only met like 2 ppl t hat can control their opiate usage and that's because they don't buy em' or like em' taht much. The other 99% i've met eventually become everyday users.

hjahahah that thing about chipping is bullshit seriously, i've only met like 2 ppl t hat can control their opiate usage and that's because they don't buy em' or like em' taht much. The other 99% i've met eventually become everyday users.

Yeah...people who don't use don't usually chip because they either get sick every time they use or they find them boring and don't like them. If they like them enough to start chipping it usually will eventually increase if not from increasing cravings, then from eventual life problems that increase the desire to escape.

Yeah...people who don't use don't usually chip because they either get sick every time they use or they find them boring and don't like them. If they like them enough to start chipping it usually will eventually increase if not from increasing cravings, then from eventual life problems that increase the desire to escape.
dude i've been using morphine for so long, that last time i stayed clean for 40 days. My usual dose was 100mg a day banged. I used 50mg and i experienced wds for 4 days. Once your brain is fucked up by the kindling effect is really hard to chip. You can only chip during the honeymoon phase when you're a newbie. lols.

i got a friend who always pukes when he uses, he has used with me prolly 150 times throughout the years and he never ever got addicted. he only used when i gave it to him. he loves morphine too but doesn't seek it, he's a rare case forreal.

dude i've been using morphine for so long, that last time i stayed clean for 40 days. My usual dose was 100mg a day banged. I used 50mg and i experienced wds for 4 days. Once your brain is fucked up by the kindling effect is really hard to chip. You can only chip during the honeymoon phase when you're a newbie. lols.

I stayed clean for over a year and used for 3 days only small amounts and had withdrawal. I then stayed clean for the better part of a yr and a half after that and then got withdrawal after 1 day use once a week for several weeks. I'm now just getting clean after slidingback into addiction for a yr then 6mths clean and them several myths of use, then 4mths clean and then another several myths of use. I hope this is it. It's been 20yrs of this bullshit. 10yrs of methadone and everyday benzos use. Tire of this shit.

I stayed clean for over a year and used for 3 days only small amounts and had withdrawal. I then stayed clean for the better part of a yr and a half after that and then got withdrawal after 1 day use once a week for several weeks. I'm now just getting clean after slidingback into addiction for a yr then 6mths clean and them several myths of use, then 4mths clean and then another several myths of use. I hope this is it. It's been 20yrs of this bullshit. 10yrs of methadone and everyday benzos use. Tire of this shit.
oh man, your brain has been through a lot. For you it's almost impossible to use without withdrawing. I can't chip but what i can do is use 2-3days in a row, I'll withdraw but i use comfort meds (gabapentin,lyrica and loperamide) with that the wds are almost nonexistent or don't bother me that much since they are mild wds anyway. But still USING WDING USING WDING USING WDING x999999.....eventually u get tired of that bullcrap. And with the quality of dope these days in america everyone should get fucking straight forreal. There's not even heroin anymore, idk what people are chasing...LOL. well, whatever man I'm just glad i'm not hooked on opiates at the moment. What a bloody relief, cheers man.

oh man, your brain has been through a lot. For you it's almost impossible to use without withdrawing. I can't chip but what i can do is use 2-3days in a row, I'll withdraw but i use comfort meds (gabapentin,lyrica and loperamide) with that the wds are almost nonexistent or don't bother me that much since they are mild wds anyway. But still USING WDING USING WDING USING WDING x999999.....eventually u get tired of that bullcrap. And with the quality of dope these days in america everyone should get fucking straight forreal. There's not even heroin anymore, idk what people are chasing...LOL. well, whatever man I'm just glad i'm not hooked on opiates at the moment. What a bloody relief, cheers man.

Yeah my brain was seriously fucked for yrs after withdrawing from methadone and xanax. I was really bad for at least a yr. I was brain dead, overwhelmed by social anxiety. I entered rehab and then bounced in halfway houses for 3yrs, while doing the AA, NA thing. In retrospect the unhealthy people involved and obsessive environment that was a little like high school environment was really unhealthy. I have had some awesome LSD, mushroom and DMT experiences lately that have rally balanced me. Why haven't you tried masculine or ayahuasca? I'm so jealous of your access. I regret not trying ayahuasca when I was in Medellin, Colombia. Peru is my #1 wish list for travel. I love Incan culture. Have you been to Machu Pichu, the rainbow dunes? What a great country. How are the beaches?
Cheers brother stay away from the opiates and benzos...please... With empathy and love from one suffering addict to another. I'm 39. Life passes fast. Also the crack but I'm high on premium Miami coke right now so what can I say.

I think they already gave you the information you needed. But I want to tell you that if you have only been on morphine for 3 days, if you are worried about addiction, take morphine as short as possible, a week would be enough and you would not suffer withdrawal I guess

Thanks mate.

be careful with opiates, kinda a oxymoron....they are a lot of mentally strong people that are a slave to this drug, you want a life ? Stop now..everything takes a back seat to opiates...unless you want your only goal in life to be not get sick

be careful with opiates, kinda a oxymoron....they are a lot of mentally strong people that are a slave to this drug, you want a life ? Stop now..everything takes a back seat to opiates...unless you want your only goal in life to be not get sick

I know mate. Sound advice. Once I’ve finished what I’ve got then that’s it. I’m not going to take any again till next week but once it’s done then I’m sticking to puff.

Last edited: