• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine oral ER vs oxycodone not ER what do I need to know?

What country u in?
i had extended release morphine, but there wasn’t any coating that needed to be peeled . They were generic, I would break them up, and swallow. No gelling up. You could shove them up the butt, better intake, but to much work. Maybe parachute?
I am from the US.
Canada, purple coating,(30mg) flakes off when cut if I am recalling correctly, extended release so I think thats why the coating
I had not heard of the butt as a possibility, I'm so ill informed, lol

What mg is the ER Morphine?

If it's 10mg and you've been taking 20-30mg of oxy a day for years then take 10mg in morning and 10mg in evening. If that wasn't enough then 20mg in morning and 10 in evening - this is much closer to your current oxy cycle.. 10+10 would be weaker.
30mg, I answered your questions in wrong order. sorry

Morphine can be a tough one to get a buzz off of. I definitely recommend chewing it and than swallowin. Rectal is decent but not much better plus more work. I mess around with a lot of MS Contin, that’s the extended release. I find less is more. I noticed when I dosed three times a day 45- 90mg I kept a good feeling around the clock Instead of large amounts at once. injection is best but I don’t fuck with that. A lot of filler can make it hard to snort, it’s just not worth it.
Good luck.

this is my response from last year about MSContin
I didn't even know about MSContin until tonight. I just like my oxy's, they perfect for me

Canada, purple coating,(30mg) flakes off when cut if I am recalling correctly, extended release so I think thats why the coating
I had not heard of the butt as a possibility, I'm so ill informed, lol

OK so you'll need others who have experience with that particular morphine ER coating to chime in.. Some drugs have like an outer layer of powder and inner - I don't know anything about these pills but often crushing them up does the job of turning them into a instant/regular type of morphine.

As cloudman mentioned, multiple doses a day seems to work better than one big dose, that is my experience too. But I've only used instant.

I would think crushing a 30mg and dividing it into 3 and dosing as I mentioned before would probably be fine.

Could also just try taking the 30mg ER as is, in the morning. You might find it works well for you just as is. I definitely do not consider it a dangerous dose given your use of oxy.

OK so you'll need others who have experience with that particular morphine ER coating to chime in.. Some drugs have like an outer layer of powder and inner - I don't know anything about these pills but often crushing them up does the job of turning them into a instant/regular type of morphine.

As cloudman mentioned, multiple doses a day seems to work better than one big dose, that is my experience too. But I've only used instant.

I would think crushing a 30mg and dividing it into 3 and dosing as I mentioned before would probably be fine.

Could also just try taking the 30mg ER as is, in the morning. You might find it works well for you just as is. I definitely do not consider it a dangerous dose given your use of oxy.

Thanks. all this is good to know. the more info the better. I'm reading a lot about gabapentin but i'm still learning. I understand it can help with withdraw but it sounds like it help the uptake of opioids in same way. I'm trying to figure out the dosing for that. 300 x2 at bedtime is what I am used to. Is this something that would assist in this situation do you know?

I don't know what happened but my reply to you ended up in your coment, or at least thats what it looks like so i am replying again.

Thanks. all this is good to know. the more info the better.

I'm reading a lot about gabapentin but i'm still learning. I understand it can help with withdraw but it sounds like it help the uptake or re-uptake of opioids not sure what benefit that has, still reading.

I'm trying to understand dosing. 300 x2 at bedtime is what I am used to. Is this something that would assist in this situation do you know?