• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine oral ER vs oxycodone not ER what do I need to know?

TruthSniffer

Greenlighter
I'm so glad I found this place. I'm hoping for some information.

I have tried 10mg oxycodone, (tec's, percocet) 2 times day and even a 3rd time. One time I tried a very small portion of the morphine ER before and not the morphine, I got really depressed and rolled up into a ball and cried and couldn't bare to get out of bed later that day. I don't know much about the differences other than different receptors. I understand morphine is less potent, I just learned this tonight. Why would it bring me down so much? Is it because I didn't take enough or too much?

Last edited:
That's an unusual reaction. Morphine isn't objectively all that different from oxycodone. Oxycodone is a bit more "stimulating", but they shouldn't effect you drastically differently.

Personally I prefer morphine. Both should blunt emotions if anything and not precipitate depression or emotions.

How much did you take?

Are you sure your pills are legit pharma?

Thanks for your reply!

100% certain legit.

I only took a small portion because I thought it was stronger than what I was used to, now I know the opposite is true.
I never felt so terrible in my life. It was the after affect though, not the during effect.I didn't really notice the during effect.

Morphine, isn’t gonna get u high like oxycodone. Oxycodone is gonna make u get up, clean the house, run errands, and be social.
morphine ER, is a great relaxing drug,less is better,( learn u limit) ,where the more oxy u take the higher your gonna feel.

as for emotions, snafu in the void said it best, u shouldn’t have reacted that way from a opiate. at least , I haven’t but everybody is different.

do you take any other drugs?

FYI— morphine is very potent, its just a different high, but best believe, it does it’s job, pain relief, numbing the nerves, it does a great job and lasts a lot longer than oxy.

your symptoms are almost withdrawal like, any issue there? Maybe a drop in dosage?

Last edited:
Yeah I think this is either placebo or the morphine was not morphine and your source isn't as legit as you think(I don't know just throwing it out there, lots of fake pills these days).

That doesn't sound like a reaction to morphine at all. I've done morphine casually many times, same for oxy. Both from a pharmacy myself or through friends(fake pills aren't really a thing here anyway and this was before that started to happen).

Oxy is similar to morphine just more stimulating and euphoric. Not drastically different but you are sedated on morphine(or more easily will be). Personally I've forgetten I've even taken morphine more than once and was just going about my day normally so it's not entirely a sedating drug. But going to sleep on morphine is way easier than on oxy for me, as an example.

I don't think it being ER or not matters much in regards to your reaction. Just means your dose was hitting you in a much weaker way. Although, it's not clear how much you consume? Are you taking oxy regularly/are you addicted to oxy? Did you simple underdose yourself and were having opiate withdrawals? That is the only explanation that makes sense here.

Maybe I'm just being dumb but is it possible you are 'naively addicted'(don't realise you are addicted), and are only finding this out through under dosing on morphine? Because you saying youve never felt so terrible in your life sounds like withdrawal talk.

Morphine, isn’t gonna get u high like oxycodone. Oxycodone is gonna make u get up, clean the house, run errands, and be social.
morphine ER, is a great relaxing drug,less is better,( learn u limit) ,where the more oxy u take the higher your gonna feel.

as for emotions, snafu in the void said it best, u shouldn’t have reacted that way from a opiate. at least , I haven’t but everybody is different.

do you take any other drugs?

FYI— morphine is very potent, its just a different high, but best believe, it does it’s job, pain relief, numbing the nerves, it does a great job and lasts a lot longer than oxy.

your symptoms are almost withdrawal like, any issue there? Maybe a drop in dosage?

I take a few other prescriptions, nothing narcotic though. Maybe I underdosed and it was more of a withdraw type thing. So thats the difference, no improved energy to get through the day, just relaxing but pain free. I think I understand. I appreciate your knowledge

Yeah I think this is either placebo or the morphine was not morphine and your source isn't as legit as you think(I don't know just throwing it out there, lots of fake pills these days).

That doesn't sound like a reaction to morphine at all. I've done morphine casually many times, same for oxy. Both from a pharmacy myself or through friends(fake pills aren't really a thing here anyway and this was before that started to happen).

Oxy is similar to morphine just more stimulating and euphoric. Not drastically different but you are sedated on morphine(or more easily will be). Personally I've forgetten I've even taken morphine more than once and was just going about my day normally so it's not entirely a sedating drug. But going to sleep on morphine is way easier than on oxy for me, as an example.

I don't think it being ER or not matters much in regards to your reaction. Just means your dose was hitting you in a much weaker way. Although, it's not clear how much you consume? Are you taking oxy regularly/are you addicted to oxy? Did you simple underdose yourself and were having opiate withdrawals? That is the only explanation that makes sense here.

Maybe I'm just being dumb but is it possible you are 'naively addicted'(don't realise you are addicted), and are only finding this out through under dosing on morphine? Because you saying youve never felt so terrible in your life sounds like withdrawal talk.
I can assure you they were directly from the pharmacy, I opened the bottle myself, as were the oxy's. I think I just didn't know and understand the differences between the 2, I thought I was going stronger not weaker.

Ive taken oxy daily for almost 4 years. I was out and just needed to get through to next afternoon. I agree, I now understand I think I underdosed and it was likely symptom of withdraw.

If same situation happens again and was wondering what to do. It will be longer than a day though. I don't know what else to do
Thank yo so much, you have been so helpful.

I take a few other prescriptions, nothing narcotic though. Maybe I underdosed and it was more of a withdraw type thing. So thats the difference, no improved energy to get through the day, just relaxing but pain free. I think I understand. I appreciate your knowledge
Morphine should keep any opiate withdrawal away, unless u were really hitting the oxycodone and dropped to a low dose. I believe, morphine is stronger than oxycodone?
but yeah, it takes a little bit of time to enjoy the subtleties of morphine, I loved it, but also loved the oxycodone! Two different drugs, but both had their ups and downs, good and bad.

I don't really want to take it, I will only take it if absolutely necessary.
Can you provide more of a background of u drug usage?
4 years of oxy? What dose, how many times Per day?
when did you get the morphine? How long? ect….

morphine is great at Preventing withdrawal, maybe u needed a tiny bit more? Or expected the same high as oxycodone?

Morphine should keep any opiate withdrawal away, unless u were really hitting the oxycodone and dropped to a low dose. I believe, morphine is stronger than oxycodone?
but yeah, it takes a little bit of time to enjoy the subtleties of morphine, I loved it, but also loved the oxycodone! Two different drugs, but both had their ups and downs, good and bad.
No I wasn't taking that much really, 10mg 2x's day, sometimes if needed another 5mg in evening rarely would I take 10mg in evening but it did happen a few times. It's just been a long time on them I think. I'm afraid.

Can you provide more of a background of u drug usage?
4 years of oxy? What dose, how many times Per day?
when did you get the morphine? How long? ect….
Did you see my reply below? I had the morphine about 6 months ago, It was like a 1/4 of it though, maybe even less.

Did you see my reply below? I had the morphine about 6 months ago, It was like a 1/4 of it though, maybe even less.
No I missed that.
my opinion, if you runout of your oxycodone, take the morphine. Start small, and if your still feeling like shit, dose as needed, especially, if u just trying to get to your next script of oxycodone.

good luck

Fyi —- I abused both u drugs for years while my mom was doing chemo, so I am very familiar , as are a lot of members.
don’t forget what is good for one, might not be good for U!

No I missed that.
my opinion, if you runout of your oxycodone, take the morphine. Start small, and if your still feeling like shit, dose as needed, especially, if u just trying to get to your next script of oxycodone.

good luck

Fyi —- I abused both u drugs for years while my mom was doing chemo, so I am very familiar , as are a lot of members.
don’t forget what is good for one, might not be good for U!
You have been a life saver. I can't thank you enough. I read through a lot on here tonight but it seemed over my head almost. I'm so glad I posted and so grateful for the responses.

I do have another question though, would it be wise to take off the outer coating of the ER and start with a 1/4?

You have been a life saver. I can't thank you enough. I read through a lot on here tonight but it seemed over my head almost. I'm so glad I posted and so grateful for the responses.

I do have another question though, would it be wise to take off the outer coating of the ER and start with a 1/4?

What mg is the ER Morphine?

If it's 10mg and you've been taking 20-30mg of oxy a day for years then take 10mg in morning and 10mg in evening. If that wasn't enough then 20mg in morning and 10 in evening - this is much closer to your current oxy cycle.. 10+10 would be weaker.

You might be more tolerant to morphine than oxy(I am). If I was in your situation it would be 20 in morning 20 at night. I seem to be able to 'handle' morphine a lot more than oxy.

What country u in?
i had extended release morphine, but there wasn’t any coating that needed to be peeled . They were generic, I would break them up, and swallow. No gelling up. You could shove them up the butt, better intake, but to much work. Maybe parachute?
I am from the US.

Morphine can be a tough one to get a buzz off of. I definitely recommend chewing it and than swallowin. Rectal is decent but not much better plus more work. I mess around with a lot of MS Contin, that’s the extended release. I find less is more. I noticed when I dosed three times a day 45- 90mg I kept a good feeling around the clock Instead of large amounts at once. injection is best but I don’t fuck with that. A lot of filler can make it hard to snort, it’s just not worth it.
Good luck.

this is my response from last year about MSContin