• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ'S

well im a downer person i love morphine and 2 days ago i decided to try banging it. i heard all the hype about it and my girlfriend showed me how to iv a while back this was my first time with needles ever i was bye myself and i normally take 40-60mg oral to feel good so i figured 30mg would be a good dose to try so i rigged it all up found a vein stuck myself registered and injected all of it. i pulled the needle out and almost instantly i was at a state of well being but it olny lasted about an hour or so...i didnot enjoy it as much as the im i did the next day but my question, is there anyone who likes oral injestion more than iv or am i alone on this

I wouldnt say i prefer oral morphine to IV use of morphine but YES i do prefer oral use of morphine pills to IV use of morphine pills due to all the hard work needed to remove the wax and particles. If it was an ampule 30mg per 1ml or higher then it would be a different story plus morphines water solubilty must only be around 30-40mg per ml as amps dont go no higher than 30mg per ml in the UK, the 60/62.5mg per ml quoted in wiki must be for at least warm water at 35 degrees Centigrade cold water i say BULL SHIT !!!. Also I think that plugging morphine from tablets has a very poor bio of around 30% as it sure seems no better than oral use to me. Also on right dose IM use seems better than IV to me because it lasts longer. I really wish i knew why plugging morphine sucks so bad and is no better than oral use on myself.

Diamorphine seems a totally different drug to myself even though in theroy its the same thing and is tech just a pro drug that delivers morphine to your blood stream or BBB more efficiantly. I have a feeling on myself diamorphine in tablet form would be 1.5x stronger than same dose of oral morphine even though most people say it wouldnt be no stronger.

Anybody else find IV morphine to be just a 5 second rush then no high at all? Even at high doses like 30mgs the rush is very intense but again no high. Pinpoint pupils though.

Im starting to think its something with these particular pills i havd. These also suck orally. No high at all even though my pupils are very constricted and one time i even fell asleep when i tried upping the dose (120mgs). Theyre new and from the drugstore só i really dont know what it could be wrong. I remember nodding my tits off from morphine before, great drug... Its not tolerance either bte

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I have posted on here but since I am on palliative care because of some severe physical problems I thought I would discuss some of the medications I'm taking.I have never had a doctor gives me such large amounts of medications because it's so crazy here and where I live with people abusing. but this guy was in Vietnam and he had a horrible experience and as a doctor decided he would never let any of his patients suffer. so I am thankful he understands my high tolerance, and after the first visit he is maintaining my current dose of 50 milligrams of methadone every 8 hours, we changed the 8mg of dilaudid every 6 hours to roxanol (morphine sulfate oral liquid 20mg/1ml) take 1ml every 2 hrs as needed. My veins are impossible to hit but I have been using this intramuscularly for pain, it's the Roxane lab. generic so it's safe, it just burns like hell for a few minutes. And also for major breakthru pain I have abstral 800mcg (fentanyl sublingual tablet) I prefer the subsys sublingual spray but this stuff works pretty great too. The last 2 months I have been in excruciating pain and my high tolerance has been making my pain impossible to manage until now. I bought the book "The Final Exit" by Derek Humphry and was going to use the helium hood merhod but I finally found this great palliative care/hospice doctor. It is so nice to have hope again.

Hey. I have been using potentiators to enhance my opiate buzz lately (specifially quinine and grapefruit juice to enhance heroin and dilaudid)

From my basic understanding these specific potentiators inhibit the metabolization of the opiates, so while you are not necessarily absorbing more of the substance, the amount you absorb lingers for longer. In terms of dependency and addiction issues, would this be equivalent to redosing an amount that would sustain you for as long as the potebtiator does? If I use a potentiator that was to get me higher, would it affect melike taking a higher dose?

Mine are dark blue, with imprint 15 on one side and ABG on the other. There is a pill identifier on drugs.com with pics and image search.

I'm new here & I have a couple questions about morphine but seeing that this thread was done several yrs ago, if I ask y'all questions here will anyone see them?

I am wondering the same thing

My script lists corn starch as an inactive ingredient.

This is the first I have learned of plugging, What exactly are the advantages gained? I use morphine 15/ xr for chronic pain, after being on hydrocodone 10/325 6 times a day this new xr crap is just not cutting it. Not needing a buzz, just comfortable. The pain clinic i used closed, and my new dr is determined to cut down my usage. Does this manner of medicating yourself get more or better results from the meds? I am desperate to get these tabs to pack a bigger punch! Also, can this be done vaginialy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bump this thread but I have yet to see purification of Morphine for IV by means other than cotton and micron filters. I have heard of great results with extracting Morphine Sulfate ER's with the coating removed and the pills split into 1/3's then placed in a coffee filter "Tea Bag" with string or staples to keep a closed "bag". This is placed in clean, slightly acidic water overnight to saturate the water with the morphine salt. After a delicate rinse of the tea bag into the solution only fillers remain with nominal MS residuals in the bag ( eat or discard). After reducing the solution with gentle heat and a small fan the Morphine is precipitated out as freebase with pure 10% Ammonia solution (ammonium hydroxide w/no surfactants added) at a pH of 9.1 and is then cooled to increase precipitation efficacy. Looks like snow on the bottom of a static snow globe.
Using a vacuum filter buchner funnel or even a borosilicate chemex hour glass coffee carafe with 20 micron qualitative filter paper or bleached coffee filters easily recovers the fluffy freebase which can be washed with basic clean water as freebase morphine is not water soluble. After drying and scraping off the paper filter the morphine base powder can be converted back into a salt with dilute citric, HCL acid ,etc. This can be dried or adjusted to pH 5-6 with ACS grade NaOH or even baking soda with a little salt as a harmless by product. The end product easily filters with even the .22 micron syringe filters and does not clog them in the slightest.
A drop placed on a glass slide and compared side by side with a cotton filtered solution of MS under a microscope shows the striking contrast of the two. This is for personal use only of course and in the spirit of harm reduction for those with basic chemistry knowledge and a little patience.

That's really complicated. When one is not speaking of Morphine XR forms such as Kadians, M-Eslons and Avinzas, which are all gelcaps with crystal hard beads inside. I've seen M-Eslons and shot the 15mg and 30mg ones I had with the regular filters we get in our SecuriCup sterile cups packages in the IV kits we get here witht he bacteriostatic water vials, alcohol pads, and syringes (4) 27 1/2 BT. Sometimes they have the better and as good as microns SteriFilts. But I never saw M-Eslons again and I wasn't privy to their inactive contents. I still don't know if they contain talc in their beads, so even when mortared and pesteled, I never shot Kadians, they got talc in them, at any dosage, the beads contain talc, that's something I just won't shoot. Not many gelcaps+beads meds are safe to IV, other than HydromorphContins, the filter in SecuriCups will take care of these very well. They were the 130mg Kadians so, crushing them in a powder, refilling the capsule. Eating an rx 600mg Tagamet and the 130mg now-IR kadian was pretty intense for oral morphine, of course the Tagamet, and the fact it's the second highest dose, there's 800mg ones but I'll leave that to people who really have hardcore ulcers.

All this to say, when I had 60mg generic ms-contin type hard pills, I did not know that all is needed to turn them into IR morphine that will not gel, is salt water. Yeah, make yourself a saline solution, draw it in a syringe, and throw it in the hopefully, sterile object that contains the MS-Contin or generic ms-contin like morphine XR pill. The pill will dissolve and no heating is even needed. Just stir a bunch with the stirring tip (the safety tips) and you'll get a normal solution.

Although, if you're lucky enough to put you hands on a lot of 100mg+ morphine XR of any type, I say turn them into IR and spare your veins. Just eating a couple red rectangle MS-Contins when dopesick was living a dream. I had a whole bunch from people who have no idea of the street value they got. Anyway, salt water, is the answer here.

can you plug liquid morphine (roxanol) by just using the dropper that comes with it and will that help the bioavalability?

@TRO,so that means if I was on 1200 mg ER morphine/day it would be same as 1200 mg hydroc.actually available. Always comforted myself that only 300-400mg get ba.
so that's my actual dose, not the 1200 I have to take cause of low ba.
Now would i feel MORE from same dose hydrocodone?
Maybe you could clear that up for me☺

Ok folks ive been prescribed morphine and hydromorphone for close to 10 years now and I truly hated morphine for iv use untill now. Ive recently tried a process that works so well that the 30mg time release morphine im precribed produce a rush almost identical to my hydromorphone. Now the pills i have are purple blank on one side with n30 on the other. I dont know how the process will work on other brands yet but for these gel monsters its perfect. Quick dirrections: First get rid of the coating, second crush it into a fine fine powder, next is important dump the powder into the spoon and using a clean finger spread the powder into a thin layer over the spoon for you want as much of the powder to have contact with the metal as possible and keep the layer cosistant no thick spots, next heat the spoon evenly with no water till evenly until it starts smoking and turns a dark dark brown i dont know how but this burns out the gel and leaves the morphine, quicly hit it with a 150units of water while its still scorching hot your shot will look like some tar h but you will realize instantly theres no gel incredibly, then throw cotton micron or wat ever works for you in it draw it up with a clean syringe of coarse let the liquid cool unless you like hot shots and do your thing. your welcome. If the process works on other time release pills let me kno.

Might work to get morphine into your system, but I don't even want to think about the other gunk entering your veins along with it from the pill prep. Shooting tar probably isn't exactly something that is much if any better, but this mental picture of injecting the charred remains of a pill I had makes me kind of shudder.

Btw, welcome to BL!

THIS=

I don't 100% agree with the preparation method. I think it is impossible to write a "one size fits all" FAQ on prepping morphine IV. It heavily depends on what brand and formulation the morphine is in.[/QUOTE]
Cant see how that would work on ours,there Is a technique to get pure base out of ours,but cant find it.
Dont want to name Brand,good that its used for maintenance,ivdu shoot it anyway,but even more questions bout how to extract these safely on Web can be bad,we are small country so most will know anyway,ones with beads...

For those who are kind to their circulatory systems there is always plugging / shafting. Take a peek at these BA numbers for some inspiration:

The Bioavailability of Rectally Administered Morphine

Abstract: Plasma concentrations of morphine were followed for 24 hours in eight patients after intravenous and rectal administration of 10 mg morphine chloride. The plasma levels of morphine were determined by a sensitive and specific radioimmunoassay based upon an extraction procedure which separates morphine from its major polar metabolites. The bioavailability of morphine after rectal administration was found to be 53.3 ± 17.8% (mean ± S.D.). Peak concentrations of 16.3 ± 8.7 ng ml-1 were reached after 59 ± 16 min. The study indicates that first pass elimination of morphine may be partially avoided by rectal administration.
Oral is 20-40% mean 28%

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0773.1988.tb01872.x/abstract;jsessionid=D481573CCFC4A7C8C15088328D459342.f02t02

I know with certain extended release Morphine using cold saline water (0.89% like the ones at the exchange) was efficient enough to extract the majority, of course it was not anything I would recommend anyone else do because of the damage involved and at least use a micron filter after a cotton filter as just using cotton is not enough no matter how many times you run it through another clean cotton.

The concept is the salt disrupted the gelling mechanism enough to pull a solution, but nowhere near enough to stop it from getting insoluble stuff into the solution, which is why micron filter is required even though I recommend mixing and pulling through cotton about 1-3 washes of the cold saline with no heat obviously without cooking the pill beforehand leading to more harmful particles in the solution and as fast as possible to pull as much morphine via agitation by running the water through then after filtering the shots use the first as the main shot and put the second and third together for the second. Also use an alcohol pad to wipe the coating off.... This works with the abg and m box pills that are smaller.

Again I don't recommend injecting these, but if you must do not use heat and instead use science.... You are essentially doing a water extraction to make a liquid solution you will be introducing directly to your blood stream past most of your bodies natural defenses to protect yourself. I understand being desperate though so if you can't take it a step further using a basic lab setup to extract the Morphine from the pill mostly pure then at least try to do something basic rather than something more advance than you can really understand. Only cavemen rely on fire for the end all answer....

Edit: plugging is also very easy. There's an old plugging tek by the user Tricomb buried somewhere here. I rather not take the effort to find it now as everyone needs to learn how to use this place, but ya plugging is much easier and I bet more efficient and probably lacking painful pins and needles although I wouldn't know I just know I hated that about iv.

Need help. I have an ampoule of morphine for IV injections. Text on ampoule is: "1ml - Morfin 2% - injektionsv?ske - Ph. Nord - Ferrosan" (photo: https://i.imgur.com/PtGbeOb.jpg) How much mg's in it? What is a safe recreational IV dosage for first time user(I have few experiences with heroine long time ago)?

I'm guessing 200 mg total making ten 20 mg 1 cc (10 units). In the hospital they use 4 mg or so. Personally I don't like going over 15 mg where 30 mg is painful. Start low as you can always do more, but you need narcan to fix taking too much.

You really think they'd put 20 doses in one ampule? If your determined to use it, try a 1/10th of the vile just in case those crazy Nords really loaded it up. I would personally look for any ID info and Google it. In the US it would be 10-20mg at most but don't rely on countries to have the same standards. Some High Potency Ampules do exist. Solubility wise about 60mg of MS can fit into 1ml.

Morphine sulphate is soluble to 60mg/ml water @ room temperature.
http://www.emsb.qc.ca/laurenhill/science/morphine.html

Surprised this thread is so dead, are we not big morphine fans here? Oramorph liquid is one of my favourite opiates. Nothing like quite like sipping morphine.

Need help on plugging morphine for first time.... I can take orally 100mg of morphine... probably more but I'm interested in plugging I've researched it heavily and I'm thinking starting with a dose of 25mg would be acceptable.... is this too high or too low? I need some advice