• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ'S

Genuinely, without any disinfo/lies/DARE-shit,how strong is the statistical link between the psychosis/schizophrenia umbrella and opiates/mu-opiate receptor antagonists? Can we prove cause and effect?

i got some ABG 100s

so from what i have searched on this website it appears the consesus is that they gel up?

just a few posts up LW says that if since they will likely gel that one should plug but isnt plugging a gelled up solution difficult/not doable?

also i usually snort about 80-100mg of oxy a day, in 20mg lines about an hour or two apart, what would an equivalent dose of snorted morphine be that would be similar to this

i dont mind using a somehwat inefficient ROA b/c i am gettin them for a the price of a pack of cigarettes but i also am kind of a miser and dont like to waste much soo i dont wanna just try anything without a little advice.

also after i search it appeared that some felt that the time release mechanism in these pills were undeafeted by simply crushing, is this the case?

from my understanding, these are MS contins (generic form) and i was under the impression that the Contin formulation that Purdue has a patent on was a specific time release mechanism so in theory shouldnt MS contins and Oxycontins have the same mechanism?

any ways thanks to anyone who read this and a bigger thanks to anyone with feedback

Morphine Tablets 90MG

I have access to a number of 90MG and 30MG morphine tabs by MS CONTIN...whats the best thing to do with them?

Snort, pop, shoot?!?

I don't want to waste them or take too much.

What is a good starter dose?!?

I have a high tolerance for opiates...

As we all know, pills are horrible to shoot. Don't do that. Snorting morphine does next to nothing, really low BA (around 10% if i remember correctly). Oral is your best bet with these unless you want to plug them (although i realize that's not for everyone...)

Honestly I can't tell you doses as I do not know your tolerance. Just start low and work your way up I suppose

EDIT: also, although I know little about the topic, i have heard these are among the worst pills to try to shoot as well i guess they're a pretty dirty shot, as if shooting pills wasn't bad enough.

if you dont IV, then plugging is your best bet.

what is a high tolerance to opiates? we cant give you an estimate without knowing that.

also, mscontins dont come in 90mg, well not in australia anyway - i just double checked MIMS. there are 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 100 and 200's. are you sure theyre not a generic?

anyway ill merge this into the morphine thread

check out the first page, itll help you out. i updated it a little while ago.

Sublingual MS Contin

Do you think this is a good way to take this? If you chew it up and let it sit under your tongue, it stays there for a long time without dissolving and getting swallowed. The only thing is that it makes me really sleepy.

i really cant see any benefit from taking morphine sublingually, the thought has never even crossed my mind to be honest.

merging

Sublingual bypasses the liver for one thing. It has poor absorption either way.

are you going to try it? im interested in hear of your results if you do

It doesnt really give me the rush that I get with sublingual oxycodone, but it does give me one hell of a nod. Maybe this is the answer to my opiate insomnia. Whenever I try sublingual MS Contin (Chewed up but kept under tongue) I fall asleep.

I am going to have 100mg morphine. I have taken opiates before, but never morphine. What would be a good dosage to start off with?

I have read conflicting reports about breaking pills in half or thirds...

30mg Morphine might be a good starting dose for you I think. You can always increase the dosage.

Is this time release or IR?

yes they will, you have to do this, pay attention, take the outer layer off by sticking in your mouth and then wiping the rest off with a napkin, then crush very good until its a fine powder,

do not lick the outer coating off any pill youre going to inject. your mouth is a breeding ground for bacteria. run it under some water and wipe clean or use alcohol wipes.

It doesnt really give me the rush that I get with sublingual oxycodone, but it does give me one hell of a nod. Maybe this is the answer to my opiate insomnia. Whenever I try sublingual MS Contin (Chewed up but kept under tongue) I fall asleep.

thats pretty interesting. i may just give it a go, everything is indicating pretty good results, well i think so anyway. i should mention that while it is thought that morphine can be efficient via the SL route for break through pain (specifically cancer, going on most reports i read) there is not a lot of pharmacological data supporting the theory. there is also only a limited amount of clinical data surrounding SL morphine.

were you using IR formulas or ERs crushed up? ive never heard of a SL version being prescribed before.

heres what pubmed says

pubmed said:
Clinical reports rave about the efficacy of sublingual morphine, but most research data suggest that sublingual morphine lacks the necessary physical characteristics to be absorbed through sublingual tissues. This article clarifies these assertions by reviewing the clinical literature that supports sublingual administration, the theories relevant to sublingual morphine administration, and the pharmacokinetic research that supports or negates the benefit of this route. Recommendations for clinical nursing practice are provided to guide decision-making in care of patients with cancer pain.

heres the beginning of an article backing pubmed up, theres more out there.
http://ajh.sagepub.com/cgi/pdf_extract/4/2/39

MS SL (morphine sulfate sublingual) was easier to dose, required smaller doses, immediate pain relief, and better pain relief than other analgesic narcotics. patients also received fewer side effects than oral

that seems to have me thinking crushing up some MsContins i am scripted for breakthrough pain is worth a shot.

what sort of tolerance do you have? any idea on a dose you would use to ease your pain threshold?

im going to look into this some more.

I am going to have 100mg morphine. I have taken opiates before, but never morphine. What would be a good dosage to start off with?

I have read conflicting reports about breaking pills in half or thirds...

ah, whats your tolerance to opiates in general like? can you give us a comparison? morphine doesnt have a great oral BA, but 100mg isnt exactly a small to dose by any measurement.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got some ABG 100s

so from what i have searched on this website it appears the consesus is that they gel up?

just a few posts up LW says that if since they will likely gel that one should plug but isnt plugging a gelled up solution difficult/not doable?

also i usually snort about 80-100mg of oxy a day, in 20mg lines about an hour or two apart, what would an equivalent dose of snorted morphine be that would be similar to this

i dont mind using a somehwat inefficient ROA b/c i am gettin them for a the price of a pack of cigarettes but i also am kind of a miser and dont like to waste much soo i dont wanna just try anything without a little advice.

also after i search it appeared that some felt that the time release mechanism in these pills were undeafeted by simply crushing, is this the case?

from my understanding, these are MS contins (generic form) and i was under the impression that the Contin formulation that Purdue has a patent on was a specific time release mechanism so in theory shouldnt MS contins and Oxycontins have the same mechanism?

any ways thanks to anyone who read this and a bigger thanks to anyone with feedback

sorry man, missed this earlier. i get the mundipharma mscontins here in australia and while you can have problems with them gelling up (leaving in solution to long, not enough water in mix, adding heat, etc) i dont have a problem prepping them for IV or plugging solutions. with plugging youre usually using a few mLs of water minimal and even with a couple of pills (say 4-5mL) this is plenty. im not sure on the Purdue brand MsC's though so i cant say for sure.

i would use them orally > snorting but plugging > oral and ultimately IV > plugging.

with that tolerance to be safe i would begin with a starting dose of 30-40mg and work your way up from there.

I have been using MS Contin. Under the tongue seems to work pretty good, especially when you combine it with oxycodone.

With most IR drugs, they break apart and you swallow them before they have time to absorb. With the MS contin chewed up, it just stays there like candy with the texture of rice that wont dissolve, so it increases the duration of sublingual contact.

I imagine that the effects might be slightly different. when morphine enters the liver it is metabolized into various other opiods, but sublingual bypasses the liver but still lacks the instant rush or BA of IV morphine.

How does morphine interact with Dilaudid? I have some Dilaudid I would like to use before my tolerance is gone. I am a legitimate pain patient btw and dont want to ruin my tolerance too quickly or else I will be regretting it, but I do like to have a little euphoria in my life once in a while. I have heard mixed reports about Dilaudid being bad if you mix it with oxycodone, lowering seizure threshold and all that, but what if I just use the morphine for 12 hours until the oxycodones half life is over and then try 4mg of dilaudid with 15-30mg of MS Contin still in my system?

It looks like there is some debate about the absorption of sublingual morphine....it certainly does not seem to be a rapid onset. I dont know if IR morphine would absorb much better sublingually. It seems to have pretty slow sublingual absorption, and yet I suspect it does absorb and with the time release MS Contin this slow absorption does add to the total absorption if you are willing to spend 20 minutes or longer sucking on one.

Its probably not ideal for a rapid alternative to GI administration for breakthrough pain, but it seems to help it go a little farther if you are looking for moderate duration and like to nod.