• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
haven't been to montreal in a long time but those meth tablets head to the east coast for sure. Why they press them in tablets i'll never know. I'd be more willing to buy powder over those pressed pills any day.

I think it has to do with the stigma and fear attached to crystal meth. Little white pills are much more socially acceptable.

40 pounds of blue methamphetamine bust - Oklahoma City

OKLAHOMA CITY – Some “suspicious activity” at an Oklahoma City truck stop led Canadian County deputies to one of the largest drug busts in the country.
Canadian County sheriff’s deputies found just more than 40 pounds of meth, worth about $2.3 million, in an SUV a semi truck was hauling Friday.
Chris West with the Canadian County Sheriff’s Department said, “They’ve changed their M.O. a little bit from individual vehicles; they try to get into commercial motor vehicles to semis.”

http://www.okcfox.com/story/2371902...-43-pounds-of-meth-in-suvs-secret-compartment

meth-2.jpg

Not quite baby blue

Last edited:
wtf? thats bizarre. more of a heroin guy myself, but wouldnt the meth being blue make some people think it was fake or bad? what contaminant would cause that

From breaking bad science blue meth would come from a methylamine cook, not the traditional pseudoephedrine cook, not sure if this is true I did read an article that suggested the methylamine cook was purer/more potent tho, probably just media hype. This kinda looks like its been coloured with dye or something tho.
PS. I'm not a chemist and this is probably all bull.

Probably blue dye for marketing purposes. People associate blue meth with the best meth, so it makes sense.

From breaking bad science blue meth would come from a methylamine cook, not the traditional pseudoephedrine cook, not sure if this is true I did read an article that suggested the methylamine cook was purer/more potent tho, probably just media hype. This kinda looks like its been coloured with dye or something tho.
PS. I'm not a chemist and this is probably all bull.

The whole thing is a fad for Breaking Bad, about using different precursors will make it blue etc, it wont but because of the popularity of the show its a selling point I guess.

Also they must have some pretty bored police, oh Ill just start questioning this semi-truck driver and ask about his cargo, oh an SUV, can I rip this car to shreds to find this secret compartment and oh look 43 pounds of meth.

from what i have read, esp on the whole p2p cook ala bb's blue meth, there is no way it would turn out blue, at the very least it could be a yellowish color, but its lamost always going to be clear to couldy looking crystal shards. that shit has been died blue to try and emulate bb. probably used some kind of food coloring. thats what it looks like tbh...until i see a gc/ms im saying its rock candy for halloween, owned by a huge bb fan lmao..;)

Yeah, the blue impurity in the show was something invented for the show and does not actually come from an enantiospecific P2P method. It was just so that "Heisenberg" would have a trademark product that was easily recognizable by law enforcement.

^^See I thought it was all bullshit then I read that article I mentioned that not only blue meth exists its somehow more potent, should have looked into it more at the time.

^^^The cop noticed the SVU plates then checked where it was registered/bought which supposedly through up red flags, I don't know does seem fishy. It would be funny if all the cars where full of meth and the driver knew the whole time, put the SVU there as a decoy and now has 100 pounds of meth.

yea stay the fuck out of Oklahoma. i live in Texas and i know many people who will not set foot in the OK due to the high number of traffic stops up there. they seem to target people with a texas or out of state plate. basically if you are not from there you are under suspicion as soon as you cross the boarder. Some friends and it went almost 4 hours out of our way when going to kansas for a music festival just to avoid oklahoma. Fuck Oklahoma highway patrol.

yea stay the fuck out of Oklahoma. i live in Texas and i know many people who will not set foot in the OK due to the high number of traffic stops up there. they seem to target people with a texas or out of state plate. basically if you are not from there you are under suspicion as soon as you cross the boarder. Some friends and it went almost 4 hours out of our way when going to kansas for a music festival just to avoid oklahoma. Fuck Oklahoma highway patrol.

I went through 400 miles of Oklahoma with a Virginia plate and I didn't get stopped once on my whole cross country trip.

I must mention I wouldn't normally get stopped as is. ...it's a racist and misogynistic country we live in.

Lol, growing up in Oklahoma and living in Norman for awhile does teach you to be on your toes. Last time I was home there seemed to be less police on the streets, but my friend said they just have a higher unmarked to marked ratio nowadays. OK highway patrol are cunts though, and tend to be very suspicious. Racial/beater car profiling are in full on effect as well.

^ exactly why no matter how fucked up and drunk the white local farmers are, they probably have no rap sheets.

^^See I thought it was all bullshit then I read that article I mentioned that not only blue meth exists its somehow more potent, should have looked into it more at the time.

^^^The cop noticed the SVU plates then checked where it was registered/bought which supposedly through up red flags, I don't know does seem fishy. It would be funny if all the cars where full of meth and the driver knew the whole time, put the SVU there as a decoy and now has 100 pounds of meth.

It's called a sports utility vehicle. You must be a L& O SVU fan

^ exactly why no matter how fucked up and drunk the white local farmers are, they probably have no rap sheets.

Naw, they go after the poor white fellow nearly as much as the poor black, mexican, or asian. Main thing is being poor and driving a beater. After that comes Black/Mexican -> Asian -> White. The highway patrol have no connection to the locals. The local police near a small town where we have some farmland are the ones you don't have to worry about so much, but that is more due to ineptitude and laziness.

It's called a sports utility vehicle. You must be a L& O SVU fan

Shit I didn't even notice lol, must be all that call of duty(theres a gun called an SVU-AS). L&O SVU? Law and Order: Sexy Vietnamese Unit? Sounds good but I wouldn't say I'm a fan.

I'm somewhat surprised this doesn't happen more, colours in meth, like it does with pills, for branding reasons, so certain cartels or manufacturers can hear stories about their certain brand dominating an area or areas and they can get all warm and fuzzy knowing it's taken over in an area. Also for people who use it, so they can say this colour is really good and dont buy that blue shit or whatever, of course it would never really work, as people would copy it etc, it doesnt really work too well with colours in pills or logo/stamps etc. I'm still surprised we dont hear more stories of coloured meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.