• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

⫸STICKY⫷ More drug busts (2000-2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MDPV is an analog of what exactly?

pyrovalerone.. but since it is Schedule V the analog act doesn't apply...

The New York criminal complaint named four synthetic chemicals found in bath salts, MDPV, mephedrone, methylone, and 4-MEC, all said to mimic the "highs" produced by powerful Schedule 1 drugs like cocaine and methamphetamine. Three of the four chemicals, Mephedrone, methylone and 4-MEC are "controlled substance analogs" under the Controlled Substances Act, meaning they are designer drugs that resemble a controlled substance.

Even the article recognizes it isn't an analog of anything important..

As far as it being harder to buy MDPV online.. one bust doesn't effect supply at all really, because you can just order up some more bricks from the Chinese labs.

Wouldn't surprise me if dude beats this case unless he was mailing packages to states where it was banned.

^^

Yes, my understanding is that he shipped mdpv from Washington to New York.

Not saying 40kg affects supply...risking 20 years hard time does.

UK - Latest ‘legal high’ seized in raid on city centre store

The Leader

Published date: 05 September 2011 |
Published by: Sam Parton & Laura Jones

With reader comments
A CITY centre shop selling the latest legal designer party drug to hit the market has been raided by Trading Standards officers.

The legal high, gogaine, a cocaine substitute, was being sold in Dr Hermans Hed Shop, on Eastgate Row, Chester.

Trading Standards Officers from Cheshire West and Chester Council joined PCSO Carl Humphreys in seizing 349 packets of the new substance which is said to have after-effects, including bleeding, extreme nausea, fever and insomnia. A number of teenagers in the Chester area have reportedly suffered ill effects after taking gogaine, according to council officials.

Cont...
http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/105923/latest-legal-high-seized-in-raid-on-city-centre-store.aspx

Some reader comments
Posted by: zyfile13 at 07:54 on 06 September 2011 Report

Drugs are sold to exploit the inadequacy of individuals whose lives are either devoid of meaning, or who are vacuous, blind adherents of fashion. Wealthy shadows, rarely brought to justice(not the minor footsoldiers), satiate their greed by preying upon the gullibility of these pathetic failures.
Posted by: TheDav at 23:51 on 12 September 2011 Report

What a joke. Just because a few kids suffer some "ill effects" you go ad raid the whole shop. I have been taking these for a while with no bad experience whatsoever - just good times. Funny how we don't hear any stories of Tesco getting raided as a group of kids have purchased cheap vodka, drunk themselves close to a coma and then died choking on their own vomit. Another classic case of PIG IGNORANCE.

Do the UK have laws against these drugs? Like a big ass grey-zone?
Or are they just going to shut it down even if they don't have the law on there side?

Last edited:
The whole story sounds a bit off. Massive overreaction combined with the classic ignorance we've come to know and love from society. Also that reader comment makes me angry. I'd rather hang out with 'vacuous failures' than that self-righteous and judgemental prick.

At the end of the article...
“It is said to be up to four times stronger than mephedrone, which was banned in Britain last year after several deaths were linked to its use.”

Wow! That's some serious advertising!

Media overreacting to isolated incidents of stupid teenagers harming themselves on drugs? That NEVER happens. ;)

Guarantee though that these legal highs are most likely more dangerous than the illegal ones thanks to the role of government in the lives of the private citizen.

Ah, how I await the day when people look back eighty or hundred years at that "backwards" time when people elected George Bush to two terms and punished people for putting chemicals into their own body while endorsing other chemicals. It's like we live in a fucking nuthouse where nothing makes sense. No amount of ranting or evidence will change people either, it's a fundamental intellectual limitation in much of the ruling class and the populace that bolsters them.

Cops arrest reggae star Denroy Morgan, seize 310 pounds of marijuana

Jamaican-born reggae star Denroy Morgan was busted on drug charges after cops saw him leaving a Bronx house carrying 25 pounds of ganja, police said Thursday.

Morgan's capture led to the seizure of a 310-pound stash of marijuana and the arrest of another man caught toting 16 pounds of pot, cops said.

Known for his 1981 reggae-disco hit "I'll Do Anything For You," Morgan, 66, told cops he was flush with weed when they pulled his car over Wednesday afternoon and got a whiff of the drug, police said.

A source insisted the unraveling of the cannabis caper did not stem from a surveillance sting but was the result of eagle-eyed narcotics detectives.

The detectives were working on an unrelated case in Soundview when they saw Morgan walking out of a building at 4p.m. carrying what appeared to be a brick of marijuana in shrink-wrap packaging, the source said.
(...)

Cops said the 351-pound seizure has a street value of $140,000 to $351,000.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...enroy_morgan_arrested_with_25_pounds_of_.html

Morgan is the father of 30 children, including five who in 1994 formed the popular reggae band Morgan Heritage.

Proof that weed does not decrease sperm counts in men.

Christ 30 kids, bet the only reason he had all that pot was to put food on the table!

Wow... I've never seen the cops estimate "street value" so conservatively.

^Hahaha i was thinking the same thing. Thats what it sounds like...if so he deserves it. Im sure he was high as shit and probably does it all the time.

Its prolly just super casual for him...allright time to go...oops forgot my brick of weed and just picks it up and walks out the door. Like grabbing a jacket or somethin.

Fuckin pothead.

If he walked outside, in the Bronx, carrying a brick of weed? You deserve to get busted if you walk around NYC with a Brick in you're hands...

No one deserves to go to prison over herb.

But just carrying a brick in the open is fucking retarded. I feel sorry for this guy, but doing something so blatantly fucking stupid makes me feel less sorry for him. Still, he's 66 so he very well could spend the entire rest of his life in prison over a bunch of flowers that make people giggle.

UK - Gang jailed in £4 billion cocaine bust

NINE Merseyside men were among the members of one of Britain’s biggest ever cocaine rings – worth a potential £4bn – jailed for more than 200 years.

Much of the massive conspiracy was run from an innocuous city centre telephone box and saw the Liverpool gang working with high-ranking London crooks and international drug dealers as they looked to flood the streets with 40 tonnes of coke from Columbia.

Their plan involved bringing the drugs over from Central America by sea – Honduras was considered before Venezuela was favoured as a casting off point for the shipments – with the illegal loads stashed in tins of fish or wood pellets.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...centre-phone-box-video-audio-100252-29661803/

Interesting what the phone converstion says about the mexicans theyve got so much stockpiled they cant move it because they are "fucking crazy bastards who will just kill anyone", lol

Last edited:
Australian $80m (300KG) Cocaine Bust - Video

The Australian authorities have seized cocaine worth an estimated A$78m (£50m; US$80m), which was built into the hull of a yacht that sailed from Vanuatu to Bundaberg in Queensland.

Four Spaniards have been arrested over the haul.

The BBC's Australia correspondent Duncan Kennedy reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15724313

Damn, life terms in jail :(
At least I don't like cocaine, so it doesn't hit me as hard.

I wonder how much of that was being prepped for schoolies soon, gold coast being the biggest place, where it was meant to arrive at.

Status
Not open for further replies.