• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Morals on the killing of animals

Honestly, I really don't care about any of this because it's not my responsibility or my problem. We complained to the city 5 times, as did the neighbour on the opposite side. We sent the neighbour letters by registered mail, one of which we paid a lawyer to write. We spoke to the landlord, who himself was a scumbag and didn't care. We even spent $50 to buy one of those infrasonic anti-bark machines that looks like a birdhouse you put on the fence. When the dog barks it lets out a sound only the dog can hear.

I was in school full time and that dog had me on the verge of a nervous breakdown. My roommate was on sleeping pills and SSRIs from all the barking. Imagine, you're on the brink of falling asleep, it's taking over, and then suddenly there's a shrill bark that shocks you awake. Now repeat this 15 times a night, for 3 years, and imagine the frustration when your ghetto white trash neighbour just shrugs it off. That moron put his dog in the backyard and ignored him while he sat in his house drinking beer and stuffing his fat fucking face with fast food. I don't blame my roommate for taking matters into his own hands. The city gives more rights to nuisance animals than it does to the sanctity of the peace, and the sub-human filth living beside us knew that he didn't have to lift a finger to change the situation. I couldn't exactly afford to sue him on my prolific student budget either, otherwise you bet I would've.

I would never poison a dog, I just can't bring myself to do something malicious like that. I've had pet snakes that need to eat mice, or lizards that eat bugs, and I've helped in slaughtering animals on farms, but that's all a different story. I guess I technically have some bad karma for not interfering in my roommate's plan, but at the time I was happy someone else was going to do the dirty work. Do I care though? Nope. My life got so much better when I could be in my own home without being constantly etched away at by high pitched, yappy, deranged dog.

Do you realize that people lose their minds from barking dogs? Especially small ones. It's a recorded phenomenon. It makes even the most rational people crazy.

So don't lecture me. You don't have the moral high ground. Animals are not worth more than humans, especially nuisance animals.

As for babies with colic... I did live with one, and I moved. I generally don't spent large amounts of time with babies or small children because I know I'm not a kid person. However your comparison is flawed because nobody puts their baby in the backyard to cry 24/7 to the chagrin of the neighbours. And babies grow out of colic.

Foreigner I wasn't trying to lecture you or take the moral high-ground. I was giving a different opinion n perspective n in my opinion knowing that someone is going to poison an animal n "turning a blind eye" is as bad as doing it since you knew n therefore could have put a stop to it n you choose not to. I believe you're right that people can lose their mind to bsrking dogs or a number of persistent noises - it does not make killing it right the dog since the dog is unaware that its doing anything wrong.

I thought there was something wrong when you said the dog was persistently barking n totally understandable if the owner just put him/her in the backyard. It was obviously yearning for attention, affection, exercise etc. Shams the owner wasn't charged with animal neglect or something (not sure of animals laws where you live) n the city was at fault for not investigating the matter.

When my parents had a persistent barking dog they reported the matter to the RSPCA n they investigated it. I think owners were neglecting it n dog was taken away.

I'm sorry if my post came across like I was taking the moral high ground or offensives I wasn't mesning it to be that way was trying to express my opinion n I do find things like animals being unnecessarily mistreated or poisoned, very upsetting.

Evey

Last edited:

"No peas?" Surely both veggies & vegans are prime punters as far as peas go, no? :?

Not quite the same to use a meaty bone for stew as feed it to a machine and get the meat back as goo, of course, but it's still a nice upcycling of what would otherwise be a waste stream.

I must confess a certain fondness for various forms of pink goo :eek:

As a toddler I recall my Saturday afternoon post-shopping treat used to be a fresh bone from the butcher with a knickerbocker glory spoon to dig out the marrow.

As far as the the ethics of eating animals (especially farmed animals) goes, I find it more troubling as I get older. I can certainly see and understand the arguments against it and it has gradually begun to tug at my conscience over the years. So far not to the point of stopping me from enjoying eating meat but I am certainly avoiding the more highly processed meat products compared with my previous diet and would opt for higher welfare (all relative when reared for food I know, but relative all the same) meat where funding allows. Obviously that's mostly cop-out as I could cut far more meat from my diet than I do but finances mean I only really buy what happens to be reduced (and thus to be thrown out anyway otherwise). I would happily replace meat with Quorn and related products but they tend to cost considerably more and apparently never go off cos I don't think I've ever seen that kinda stuff reduced in my life (at least around here).

I have no problem killing anything I need to survive how I want. Including midges, wasps and annoying people.

Crucify me..

Surely midgets come under the same category as annoying people. Kate ? Pesky lil fuckers. =D

Anyone for ribs ;)
12525097_10153500099626361_1862253589523071972_o.jpg