• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mixing mushrooms with Oxycodone (feat. The Great Shroom Spirit Debate)

Spooky_D

Bluelighter
So, if I were to take, two grams of Mushrooms and 20-40 mg of Oxycodone, what would happen? I like the feeling of tripping better than I like the heavy slowness I get from the oxy, but I wonder if that would be cool to feel with the shrooms?

Anyone got any experience with this combo?

Mushrooms are a sacred expression of Gaia's love. Try not to embarrass yourself in the presence of this ancient and revered teacher by munching soul-numbing pharmaceuticals.

The mushroom is perfect and complete on its own. Give yourself to it, you might learn something.

Psychedelics with sedatives is a bit pointless, painkillers possibly even moreso. Maybe you could make some eyecandy happen and suppress wonders surfacing from inside your mind while they bubble up, but I'd advice against this. The eyecandy is just not what it's about as much as you'd like it to be, and manipulating psychedelics to be something that they are not is often counterproductive and it can turn oud badly. If you take pharmaceuticals to avoid something just don't take a psychedelic. It's like asking someone for the truth and pushing your ears shut as he tells it. You'll be lucky if you don't annoy em that way.

No pain no gain!

So, if I were to take, two grams of Mushrooms and 20-40 mg of Oxycodone, what would happen? I like the feeling of tripping better than I like the heavy slowness I get from the oxy, but I wonder if that would be cool to feel with the shrooms?

Anyone got any experience with this combo?

I have no first hand experience but from what I've understood, opiates numb down much of the emotional and cognitive aspect of psychedelic trips.

However, mushrooms are not "sacred teachers" and you will not "upset them" by doing this. Why do psychedelic advocates prefer to speak in tongues about these matters? What could possibly happen is you'll bring much of your unconscious to the surface without letting the psychedelic "autopilot" fully deal with them which could cause more confusion than it resolves. I'd suggest a low dose of mushrooms for this experiment.

However, mushrooms are not "sacred teachers" and you will not "upset them" by doing this. Why do psychedelic advocates prefer to speak in tongues about these matters?

My experience, and that of countless others stretching back into the hidden past, strongly indicates otherwise. Mushrooms are SACRED, and can indeed be offended if approached with improper intent. If they have not revealed this to you, perhaps you have not applied sufficient effort towards creating and maintaining a deep and intimate relationship with this highly intelligent and compassionate organism.

Why do I speak in tongues? Because glossolalia is a powerful, not to mention highly pleasurable, shamanic navigation technique for tryptamine states. :) On this issue, however, I think that what I am communicating is totally unambiguous and backed by experience.

My experience, and that of countless others stretching back into the hidden past, strongly indicates otherwise. Mushrooms are SACRED, and can indeed be offended if approached with improper intent. If they have not revealed this to you, perhaps you have not applied sufficient effort towards creating and maintaining a deep and intimate relationship with this highly intelligent and compassionate organism.

Why do I speak in tongues? Because glossolalia is a powerful, not to mention highly pleasurable, shamanic navigation technique for tryptamine states. :) On this issue, however, I think that what I am communicating is totally unambiguous and backed by experience.

I've never eaten psychedelic mushrooms but am pretty certain the effects are attributable to a series of tryptamines affecting the brain's serotonin system rather than to some "sacred spirit". But to each his own, as we say :)

What would you say about purified tryptamines/phenethylamines. Do they have spirits aswell?

^Some synthetics present a kind of unified intelligence or personality. A few are rather impressive in this regard. But after having tried ~18 or so different synthetic tryptamines and phenethylamines, I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything close to the Spirit that comes through on a plant psychedelic.

Plants are superior, imho. But they won't hand over the goods to just anybody. It requires patience, humility, dedication, hard work. It's not just about neurochemistry, it's about building a relationship with an intelligence that existed long before humans arrived on the scene.

Save the opiates for the comedown , You'll only dampen the trip if you take them beforehand

Respect the Mushroom <3

^Some synthetics present a kind of unified intelligence or personality. A few are rather impressive in this regard. But after having tried ~18 or so different synthetic tryptamines and phenethylamines, I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything close to the Spirit that comes through on a plant psychedelic.

Plants are superior, imho. But they won't hand over the goods to just anybody. It requires patience, humility, dedication, hard work. It's not just about neurochemistry, it's about building a relationship with an intelligence that existed long before humans arrived on the scene.

You could say the same thing about asparagus.

^Why don't you eat 5 grams in silent darkness and then try to make such an absurd statement 8)

Which one of us is speaking from experience here?

^Why don't you eat 5 grams in silent darkness and then try to make such an absurd statement 8)

Which one of us is speaking from experience here?

I might as well eat 50 mg (or whatever the equivalent dose is) of 4-HO-MET and get my mind kicked around in pretty much the same manner.

Your experience does not tell you whether a plant has spirit or not. Your experience is your experience. Your own mind is being changed by the active substances. Tradition has led man to believe in plant spirits because it's a comforting mental tool and means of handling the sensory onslaught. It has nothing to do with deductive knowledge.

When you eat shrooms your allowing an alien entity to flow through your thoughts for awhile

You may come out of the trip understanding the workings of the universe in a whole new light

The mushroom has reviled many truths to me over the years

I'd never take opiates before hand and risk blocking out a message

I might as well eat 50 mg (or whatever the equivalent dose is) of 4-HO-MET and get my mind kicked around in pretty much the same manner.

Your experience does not tell you whether a plant has spirit or not. Your experience is your experience.

I've had plenty of 4-ho-met, and it is a joke. It's pathetic. Not even close. Barely psychedelic.

Just eat some mushrooms, man. This convo is kind of pointless until you do.

I've had plenty of 4-ho-met, and it is a joke. It's pathetic. Not even close. Barely psychedelic.

Just eat some mushrooms, man. This convo is kind of pointless until you do.

4-AcO-DMT, LSD, whatever. There are many examples. Calling 4-HO-MET "barely psychedelic" is pretty odd. Somewhat akin to calling alcohol "barely depressant".

And if I eat mushrooms, and that trip makes me believe they have spirits, I will consider that brain damage rather than a "psychedelic revelation".

I've never eaten psychedelic mushrooms but am pretty certain the effects are attributable to a series of tryptamines affecting the brain's serotonin system rather than to some "sacred spirit".

There's no reason that these two viewpoints are mutually exclusive. Mycelial networks are extremely large organisms and span vast distances; who are we to say that they don't have awareness or intelligence? Perhaps this presence that some call the "spirit" of the mushrooms is firmly rooted in physical reality. IMO its ignorant to assume that the scientific reductionist viewpoint necessitates that one ignore more mystical points of view. The physical reality that we live in is a spiritual reality; reductionism merely describes physical happenings within this realm; saying "tryptamines work by affecting the brain's serotonin system" tells us essentially nothing about the depth and profundity of the experience elicited by taking mushrooms. Just knowing its mechanism of action doesn't mean you understand the substance and its place in the reality we live in.

And if I eat mushrooms, and that trip makes me believe they have spirits, I will consider that brain damage rather than a "psychedelic revelation".

Agreed. That being said try to keep your own opinions about spirits, since we all have them and they are equally insane, out of your advice.

I find pain killers and the alike dull the visual and mental aspects of psychedelic drugs but not the euphoria. I once took a combonation of mushrooms and oxy that was one of the best things ive done. It only dulled the experience because i didnt really care about it, thats how i get on opiates.

You will still trip but oxy will lower your ability to noitce and care about what the mushrooms are doing. If you want to go for it theres a very little chance anything bad will come of it.

FYI my best trip has been 5 hits of acid, 7g of mushrooms, 4 beers, 40mg of oxy and 2 blunts. Just make sure your well versed in the drug before mixing.

There's no reason that these two viewpoints are mutually exclusive. Mycelial networks are extremely large organisms and span vast distances; who are we to say that they don't have awareness or intelligence? Perhaps this presence that some call the "spirit" of the mushrooms is firmly rooted in physical reality. IMO its ignorant to assume that the scientific reductionist viewpoint necessitates that one ignore more mystical points of view. The physical reality that we live in is a spiritual reality; reductionism merely describes physical happenings within this realm; saying "tryptamines work by affecting the brain's serotonin system" tells us essentially nothing about the depth and profundity of the experience elicited by taking mushrooms. Just knowing its mechanism of action doesn't mean you understand the substance and its place in the reality we live in.

You have a point here. But there is no reason to believe that we would in some way inherit the so called spirit of the mushroom by eating it. If so, the spirit itself would be the actual tryptamine chemicals affecting our brains - thus rendering the "spiritual" terminology quite useless outside of a ritualistic, metaprogramming context.

IMO

Yeah, sure.

What do you mean?

Ask me again when you've tried mushrooms

This has nothing to do with trying mushrooms. This has to do with two different views upon a subject. Implying that one has to take drugs to understand this matter is completely off-the-wall. What drugs I've taken has absolutely no relevance.

You're pretty much saying anyone who takes mushrooms becomes religious. I'll be happy to inform you that's not the case.

:X