• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Methadone with Fentanyl

I'm on methadone cause I'm fuckin 27 years old, and I haven't been clean my entire adult life. I have nothing to show for all the money I've made, I've lost everything twice over, and I met someone a few months ago who was shooting these fentanyl pills and he's the one that dragged my ass to the methadone clinic. I had no intentions of getting clean before that. And no I don't have any kids, I'd love to, but obviously I'm not now nor was I ever in the mental state to raise a child. So thank God for that. So yah, that's about it. I never exactly had a real reason to wanna quit, it just happened, and yes I am fucking it up. But in reality, this fucking Dr. Should have tested me at LEAST twice by now but no, nothing. I haven't seen him in almost a month, and he's left me hanging on 95 mgs now for over 3 weeks. How's that normal? I think he's being a dick, but that's just my opinion I guess

You're seriously playing with your life. Mixing methadone with other drugs, especially benzos, can have a fatal outcome. Mixing with Fent is just a death wish.
I know a woman who died from mixing liquid methadone and oxycontin (time release). Her death wasn't sudden, rather a build up of the time released meds that hit her all at once later that afternoon.
Not only do your risk respiratory depression, but increases of heart rate and blood pressure. So what is the purpose of even taking methadone if you're not serious about tapering and getting clean? Seems like you're just seeking the high instead of taper and sobriety.

I'm also on methadone. I have been on it twice before and gotten off it. Last time I had almost 9 years clean but relapsed and went back into the clinic about 2 yrs ago. Slowly tapering now

I say that so you know I have experience with it. Now, if you are on doses around 100 mg you definitely don't need to be using. While fentanyl is one of the few drugs that can break through heavily saturated receptors due to binding affinity, you really don't want to be messing with that on such a high methadone dose.

I'm surprised you are having cravings. But if you are, you may want to try going up a bit and trying to stabilize. I think a big part of your problem is that you haven't stabilized yet due to messing around with the pills

Cravings are just that--a 3 second thought that your brain has. It's when you feed the craving that it becomes a problem. When you have a craving you can't allow your thoughts to keep going down that road of thinking/feeling all the "good" parts. Either "change the subject" in your mind by distraction or else let your brain go ALL the way down the road past the good parts to where you actually end up--withdrawal/broke/etc. Really the best way to deal with cravings is to do something else that occupies your thoughts--read a book, call a friend, play a game, go on Internet, whatever...

Stop feeding those cravings. And stop telling yourself you only have a few days left to use. Drugs are not going anywhere. You have countless and endless opportunities to get high in the future if you choose. But for now just try to see what the methadone can do for you. I can tell you in full honesty I do not crave at all. I do wake up a little icky, but I do that on a high dose or a low dose. When my body sleeps and pH lowers that is just my result.

Give yourself a chance--not a half assed chance. And if you have to ask anything just let me know

You're seriously playing with your life. Mixing methadone with other drugs, especially benzos, can have a fatal outcome. Mixing with Fent is just a death wish.
I know a woman who died from mixing liquid methadone and oxycontin (time release). Her death wasn't sudden, rather a build up of the time released meds that hit her all at once later that afternoon.
Not only do your risk respiratory depression, but increases of heart rate and blood pressure. So what is the purpose of even taking methadone if you're not serious about tapering and getting clean? Seems like you're just seeking the high instead of taper and sobriety.
The Clonidine should counteract any rising of blood pressure cause it's originally a high blood pressure med, but the methadone clinic prescribed it to me cause it helps with withdrawal some how but it just basically puts me out. So when I need to sleep I take that with clonazepam, cause most nights I can't even sleep. I really DONT know what the hell I am doing. Ever since I started on these fuckin fent pills, I've lost all control of everytng. When it was just Percs or Oxys, and Heroin here n there, i was never like this, the way I am now. Before I'd take 1 clonazepam and I'd be satisfied, now I take that mixed with Clonidine, Seroquel, fuckin anything I can get my hands on. And now methadone is being thrown in amongst it all...I don't know what's going on. And im sorry about your friend, but that is strange that she died after time passed cause I always thought if someone was gonna die or OD it happens shortly after the drugs are done

I'm also on methadone. I have been on it twice before and gotten off it. Last time I had almost 9 years clean but relapsed and went back into the clinic about 2 yrs ago. Slowly tapering now

I say that so you know I have experience with it. Now, if you are on doses around 100 mg you definitely don't need to be using. While fentanyl is one of the few drugs that can break through heavily saturated receptors due to binding affinity, you really don't want to be messing with that on such a high methadone dose.

I'm surprised you are having cravings. But if you are, you may want to try going up a bit and trying to stabilize. I think a big part of your problem is that you haven't stabilized yet due to messing around with the pills

Cravings are just that--a 3 second thought that your brain has. It's when you feed the craving that it becomes a problem. When you have a craving you can't allow your thoughts to keep going down that road of thinking/feeling all the "good" parts. Either "change the subject" in your mind by distraction or else let your brain go ALL the way down the road past the good parts to where you actually end up--withdrawal/broke/etc. Really the best way to deal with cravings is to do something else that occupies your thoughts--read a book, call a friend, play a game, go on Internet, whatever...

Stop feeding those cravings. And stop telling yourself you only have a few days left to use. Drugs are not going anywhere. You have countless and endless opportunities to get high in the future if you choose. But for now just try to see what the methadone can do for you. I can tell you in full honesty I do not crave at all. I do wake up a little icky, but I do that on a high dose or a low dose. When my body sleeps and pH lowers that is just my result.

Give yourself a chance--not a half assed chance. And if you have to ask anything just let me know
Ok, well thank you so much. I appreciate just even having someone to talk to. There's actually a HUGE detail that I haven't mentioned as to why it might be so hard to maintain any form of fuckin sobriety. I know people just think, oh she's got every excuse in the book to keep using, but if I'd explain the circumstances I'm in, maybe then people wouldn't be so quick to judge *ahem*justtakethat*ugh* little bit of a cough there, excuse me. What made you give in after 8+ years of being clean? Please don't take that question the wrong way, I'm just very curious cause like I said, I've NEVER been clean in about 10 years now, I started using opiates when I was about 16-17 and have never been more then 2 weeks clean, never wanted to, still don't know if I actually want to, and the thought of being clean for 8 years and still worrying about relapsing, is scary as fuck to me. It almost makes me want to just throw it all in and say fuck it :( I don't wanna be fighting a losing battle and like everybody on here has been saying, I'm only making it more dangerous being on methadone. I ain't doing myself any favours being on it. I'm sooooo lost! It feels so hopeless. I can't even remember the last time I just took my methadone and no fentanyl. Probably in November. So fuckin stupid. I can't keep doing this! I don't know why my Dr won't test me or keep me under some kind of supervision or use threats, anything! It's hopeless

You are an adult he shouldn't have to threaten you! If you dont want to get clean thats your choice! We all know you can't make someone get clean they have to want it for themselves. Honestly i am surprised that you haven't been tested and cut off too. You are a liability to the clinic. You overdose and the finger gets pointed at methadone, meanwhile you are a non compliant pt. You should just stop going to the clinic until you are ready to get clean. You are double dipping and creating a ridiculous tolerance and will end up burning the mmt bridge. Eventually you will get kicked off then what will happen when you actually do hit rock bottom? You're just not ready. You have to hit rock bottom or have something to lose thats more important to you than getting high. Stop blaming the drs and own your iwn bullshit. Thats step number 1!

You are an adult he shouldn't have to threaten you! If you dont want to get clean thats your choice! We all know you can't make someone get clean they have to want it for themselves. Honestly i am surprised that you haven't been tested and cut off too. You are a liability to the clinic. You overdose and the finger gets pointed at methadone, meanwhile you are a non compliant pt. You should just stop going to the clinic until you are ready to get clean. You are double dipping and creating a ridiculous tolerance and will end up burning the mmt bridge. Eventually you will get kicked off then what will happen when you actually do hit rock bottom? You're just not ready. You have to hit rock bottom or have something to lose thats more important to you than getting high. Stop blaming the drs and own your iwn bullshit. Thats step number 1!
Ok, so I saw the doc today. I told him everything. So this is his next course of action, he hands me a paper to get an ECG done, still no piss test, just ECG. And he claimed that all his patients have to get it done when they reach 100mg, nobody I talked to had to do it. And he said if I go up to 120mgs I'll need it again, still nobody has heard of any of this. So my point being, this guy seems like a space cadet to me, he didn't even ask me how much I've been using, just, are you still supplementing? I go yup. End of conversation.