• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Methadone with Fentanyl

gemini_187

Greenlighter
So I'm brand new to this site, but I don't know where else to go to help me with this. I started methadone on Nov.2 and I was bumped up to 95mg yesterday. Now, since being on methadone I haven't taken more then 2 of those fentanyl pills (beans, fake 80s) in a day. Prior to methadone, I was taking anywhere from 3-8 a day. I'll either snort em or just eat em. My question is, I've taken 2 already so far, took my dose of methadone about 3 hours ago, and I'd like to take my last one now, making it 3 total today. It should be OK right?

I think he means fake oxycontin 80s that really have fentanyl powder in them and are illegally produced but im not sure^

Well I'm in Canada, and that's the most popular drug right now. Yah like that other guy said, they're fake 80s. They look just like an 80mg Oxy but instead of saying ON (OxyNeo) on the one side, it says CDN, which the original oxys used to say, when they were the crushable kind not gel. They're putting Fentanyl powder in em, home-made. So people r dying on average 1 death a day in my city from them cause people r stupid AND cause the fuckers making them don't measure anything out accurately so one half of the pill could contain almost nothin but the other half could be loaded with fentanyl. But of course with great tolerance they're fine. And btw... I'm a girl :)

I was just wondering if anyone else out there who's on 90-100mg of Methadone like I am has done more then 3 of those pills. But it's already been done and I'm still here so it's all good

I was just wondering if anyone else out there who's on 90-100mg of Methadone like I am has done more then 3 of those pills. But it's already been done and I'm still here so it's all good
Your pretty much playing russian roulette taking those pills. If it were me id probably smoke it only off foil so i knew i wasnt going to over do it but something where half id nothing anf the other half is such a poten ass opiate its mesured in micrograms is just like playing with your life honestly

Yah they're definitely not the safest thing out there, but b4 methadone I was up to doin 4-8 a day. But thank u for ur opinion. I was just kinda nervous cause of what the methadone doc was telling me, that if I do drugs while on methadone it's like walking along a cliff and that one pill could be the one to put me over blah blah blah. But I'm gonna have to quit pretty soon here anyway so I don't get kicked out of the program

Why are you even bothering with methadone if you are still using? Like you I started in the beginning of Nov. I just bumped up to 100 mgs and think i found my stabalizing dose. How can you tell what a good dose for you is if you arent even giving it a chance to do its job? What are you going to do when you want to get clean for real? I just dont get Why people use methadone if they aren't trying to get clean. Its the end of the line drug for maintenance. You are building up an unnecessary tolerance. Besides anything over 80mgs is a blocking dose isn't it? I know i fucked up about a week ago and didn't feel shit. I'm glad i messed up bc now i know it's a waste if money and having still having cravings plus major night sweats meant i wasnt stabalized. I went up 10 mgs, sweat alittle less at night, and dont crave anymore. You should go off ir give it a chance but to be double dipping for 6 weeks is not good!

Another thing: they dont drug test you? I am surprised they keep bringing up your dosage if they are aware that you are still using and are running the risk of getting kicked out. What will you do if you get booted? Dont burn this bridge you might really need it when you are ready to get serious. I've had 4 urines since nov 7th. Im assuming they were all clean after the first one since no one has said anything! I could be wrong but i dont think my clinic is on board with mg increases if you keep failing the urines bc they are afraid you will overdose.

Awe man, I dunno! Fuck. Now ur making me like, feel bad and nervous. I haven't been tested not even once yet, and like I said I started Nov.2. I was seeing the Dr. Once a week, every Monday, except I saw him two weeks ago and don't see him again until January. 5 which I thought was kinda weird. But when I was seeing him weekly I kept telling him that I just wanna get to 80-100 mgs. I've been honest with him, telling him I'm still using and the last time I saw him he seemed like he was kinda getting upset that I'm not even giving the methadone a chance to fully work. But I told him, obviously I've cut back significantly, 8 pills a day down to 2, then 1 and now, it's kinda just here and there. But sum days I've still done 3, sum days none, just depends I guess. And your 100% right, it doesn't do fuck all. The last time I felt sumthin was when I was only on about 40-50mgs of methadone. Then I could still feel it, if I used 2-3 pills in a day. But I still wanna do it every single minute of every day. So I really don't know what to do. I was gonna get sum tomorrow but now I'm kinda scared. And u know what, the pharmacy even gave me 2 days of carries. So the 25 and 26 I got here with me, they actually trusted me enuff to let me bring 2 doses home which is crazy

Another thing: they dont drug test you? I am surprised they keep bringing up your dosage if they are aware that you are still using and are running the risk of getting kicked out. What will you do if you get booted? Dont burn this bridge you might really need it when you are ready to get serious. I've had 4 urines since nov 7th. Im assuming they were all clean after the first one since no one has said anything! I could be wrong but i dont think my clinic is on board with mg increases if you keep failing the urines bc they are afraid you will overdose.
Hey, r u from America or Canada? And one more thing, I've woke up everyday since I've started methadone with my head and pillow completely soaked. And it's still happening, plus like I said, I have cravings every day all day

Im in the US. You need to stop taking the pills or stop taking the methadone. I would stop with the pills and try going up 10 mgs. Also i started taking vitamins heavy in the B family and honestly feel great. I was doing fine all day and having cravings and night sweats until i went to 100mgs. i am 5'4.5" @ 115lbs so i have a quick metabolism. I guess this is the right dose for me. I dont nod, get high, or feel fucked up at all from it. I go to work and function totally normal. Seriously though if you aren't serious about getting clean save the done for when you are. Well i guess they aren't testing you bc you are honest about not being clean. The dr doesn't give you a hard time about raising the mgs if you are double D'ing?

Well in the beginning, like the first month, he was completely ok with it, I just kept telling him that it's still not quite getting me thru a full 24 hours, that if I pick up my methadone around noon, by 7-9 I already feel symptoms starting. So I told him I'd do a pill at that time, and once my dose was above 70mgs, I was basically bullshitting to him saying that the next day mornings I'd be hurting so I'd need to do one at that time. But in all honesty, once I was at 80mgs, I was fine for the full 24 hrs. I'd just keep telling him that I'm still not there, still not there. The last appt. I had with him is when he started getting a lil upset, saying I'm not even giving the methadone a chance to do its thing. And he's right, obviously, but I can't fuckin help it. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna grab ONE pill today even tho I've been going back and forth about it a hundred times. I just keep telling myself, that I only have at most 4-8 days to keep using, so I mine as well do it. And that's how I justify it even tho it doesn't do fuck all! I mine as well be lighting up a $20 bill every time I buy one... But, can't help it. I really appreciate what uve told me tho. After I read ur posts, that's when I was REALLY debating whether to pick up today or not. In the end tho, the dark side always wins, in my case anyways, so I will most likely do it anyway but u definately made me think 20 times about it

Well in the beginning, like the first month, he was completely ok with it, I just kept telling him that it's still not quite getting me thru a full 24 hours, that if I pick up my methadone around noon, by 7-9 I already feel symptoms starting. So I told him I'd do a pill at that time, and once my dose was above 70mgs, I was basically bullshitting to him saying that the next day mornings I'd be hurting so I'd need to do one at that time. But in all honesty, once I was at 80mgs, I was fine for the full 24 hrs. I'd just keep telling him that I'm still not there, still not there. The last appt. I had with him is when he started getting a lil upset, saying I'm not even giving the methadone a chance to do its thing. And he's right, obviously, but I can't fuckin help it. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna grab ONE pill today even tho I've been going back and forth about it a hundred times. I just keep telling myself, that I only have at most 4-8 days to keep using, so I mine as well do it. And that's how I justify it even tho it doesn't do fuck all! I mine as well be lighting up a $20 bill every time I buy one... But, can't help it. I really appreciate what uve told me tho. After I read ur posts, that's when I was REALLY debating whether to pick up today or not. In the end tho, the dark side always wins, in my case anyways, so I will most likely do it anyway but u definately made me think 20 times about it
Sounds kinds weak to me. Honestly u shouldnt let a drug be stronger than u and fall weak to need one and lie to the people trying to help you. Also you do know that when u have no tolerance all those drugs u use will get u even higher and just once in a while to not get addicted it also sounds like a big waste of drugs to be using drugs with a tolerance

Sounds kinds weak to me. Honestly u shouldnt let a drug be stronger than u and fall weak to need one and lie to the people trying to help you. Also you do know that when u have no tolerance all those drugs u use will get u even higher and just once in a while to not get addicted it also sounds like a big waste of drugs to be using drugs with a tolerance
It is being weak. And for the record, I didn't buy one today.... I bought 2. But it seriously has to be if not THE last time, for sure the 2nd or 3rd last time. I know 100% guaranteed on Jan. 5th I will be tested, so I gotta give it a week to get out of my system. Actually maybe I won't be tested, cause I told him I need to get to 100mgs and I've been stuck on fuckin 95 for over 2 weeks now. So it's his fault why I'm still using

And yah I know if I'd let my tolerance go down, I could get super stoned. But that will never happen being on methadone either way. I'd have to quit the program if I'd wanna do that. And I know if I quit or get kicked out...that's it for me. I won't try cleaning up again. It's now or never, all or nothin. If I fuck it up, I'll just be a down n out piece of shit junkie for the rest of my life

I also highly enjoy taking 3-4 Clonidines, mixed with 1-2 Clonazepams = an amazing nights sleep :)

It is being weak. And for the record, I didn't buy one today.... I bought 2. But it seriously has to be if not THE last time, for sure the 2nd or 3rd last time. I know 100% guaranteed on Jan. 5th I will be tested, so I gotta give it a week to get out of my system. Actually maybe I won't be tested, cause I told him I need to get to 100mgs and I've been stuck on fuckin 95 for over 2 weeks now. So it's his fault why I'm still using
Hahah you are the reason all people that used opiates are looked down upon like weak scum. Your saying its your doctors fault for not upping ur dose because the dose u were at before just makes u feel normal. And basically u want to feel high everyday so ur taking the extra drugs going (well my doctors not increasing the dose so i can get high so its his fault) HES THERE TO GET YOU OFF THE OPIATES not to get u fuckin high. Its sad how little willpower some humans have, and blame others that think logically. Actually its disgusting

Why are you on methadone? Do you need to be clean for legal reasons or for kids? I need to be clean ffor my kids and for myself. I am sick of wasting all of my money and tired of being afraid. Getting caught by the ex husband was the best thing that could happen for me. I wanted to get clean and kept telling myself i would but it wasn't until i had a choice between heroin or my kids that i actually took the steps to get clean. I am so glad to finally be here! Its such an albatross. My H habit was pretty bad and i was so ashamed and so afraid of being caught every day. Maybe you're just not ready. If you aren't going to give mmt a chance get off. You will be sorry later on because there will come a day where you have had enough and then what?

Hahah you are the reason all people that used opiates are looked down upon like weak scum. Your saying its your doctors fault for not upping ur dose because the dose u were at before just makes u feel normal. And basically u want to feel high everyday so ur taking the extra drugs going (well my doctors not increasing the dose so i can get high so its his fault) HES THERE TO GET YOU OFF THE OPIATES not to get u fuckin high. Its sad how little willpower some humans have, and blame others that think logically. Actually its disgusting
I'm not one bit "scum". Who the fuck r u to be judging? Like ur any better then me huh. I ain't trying to fuckin get high I told my Dr. From the fuckin get go that I want to be at 100-110mgs cause that's what I told myself. I've been on opiates for 10-11 years of my life STRAIGHT, I've never tried quitting, I've never been more then 2 weeks clean. I never went in methadone expecting to get high cause I know people on it and I've been told it won't get me high. So, not exactly sure what ur point is. And obviously I'm not feeling high everyday cause the methadone fuckin blocks it! I don't know why I'm still doin drugs, I really don't. But it's really starting to fuckin depress me cause the whole reason I went on methadone was to stop spending $120-200 a day.