• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing Benzos (Xanax) with Diphenhydramine and/or DXM

Not meaning to mud-sling. Just trying to steer somebody away from something that's toxic to the nervous system and potentially detrimental to one's sanity. Could save them a trip to the ER just because they're looking for an easy OTC high. In my eyes, it carries the stigma of inhaling air duster or sniffing paint. It's not a high, it's poisoning the body.

I've considered Datura, it's painted in my mind as my gotta do it one day kinda things. I'm just nervous about the duration; I don't live in my own place, I stay with people; so even with a sitter there's still a risk of getting caught. I dream about it like someone who is addicted to Ritalin or Adderall, envisions the superiority of coke or meth. I've been to the ER several times for DPH overdose, all in excess of 1g. I found about 8 months ago, my tolerance vanished, I could take 12-(16) 25mg capsules and trip as opposed to 40, 60 or 80. Also, low doses, 200mg or so, makes me feel amazing, the closest I could compare it too is a ghostlike euphoria/body sensation.

I just can't seem to find anything to fill its place, nothing makes me feel the way Dryl (DPH) does. It's like it's my secret little friend, always willing to take my mind off things.

Look you need to get away from anti cholergenic deliriants.

Datura is NOT particularly safe, and while psychoactive is NOT considered recreational.

^ This, definitely this! (anti-cholinergic ;) )

If you have been to the ER for a diphenhydramine OD.. stay the fuck away from datura.

I heard of somebody I knew that found a Datura plant and decided to eat a bunch of the seeds. He was walking to a friend's place when he found Jimson Weed in a field. It took him ~5-10 hours to actually get where he was going because he was so delirious. He felt it for 4 days straight. He used to love smoking weed, now he can't even smoke due to anxiety and panic attacks to which he believes is from using the Datura. Be careful Jasper, there's better escapes from reality. Have you ever tried the classic psychedelics or psychedelic dissociatives (Ketamine, MXE, ect) ?

I have tried alot of different stuff, MXE, plenty of DXM, but I keep getting drawn back to the intensity of the deliriants :( Something about the chaos. Note: my DPH Er visits were all due to recklesssssss overdosing on my part, something to the order of 1500mg, 2000mg, 2500mg doses. I got stupid and my tolerance seemed to be hit or miss while tripping (Never learned why???) sometimes, i'd take 20 dryl and trip nuts and others i'd take 80 and just stare at a wall and have conversations with my mind every half hour all night.

I had planned to order Datura Innoxia Seeds and start with a baseline test of 10 seeds, and work from there, one attempt a week. But potency is pretty variable I hear. The vigor with which you guys are warning me, is kinda shakin' me outta my fog, and causing me to rethink. I think I may just be missing the good ol' days when I'd take my 18, talk to my chair, rearrange some furniture and put my xbox in the washing machine, havin' a good ol' time, without the fuckery of a massive tolerance (I can function, minus speech and the occasional murmur to myself on 75+, I just shake my head or nod as replies).

I can say for sure, at least one aspect that I can't seem to find anywhere else is the frank hallucinations. I've never gotten any so real from anything else. Does anything else cause them, besides being delirious?

Is it safe to take 4mg Xanax with a recreational dose of Diphenhydramine (500mg) or DXM (750mg) ?

I was wondering if it might take that paranoid edge off of the DPH trip.

With the Dex, I was looking for a bit more euphoria.

I would say itd be fine with the dex but I wouldnt do the dram its just too funky lol. About a year and a half ago swim took 6 xanax bars and drank a bottle of vix dry cough(360 mgs dxm). I still tripped but xans dulled it slightly and chilled me hard, I woke up not remembering but apparently washed all theyre clothes and took a shower at theyre friends lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That many CNS depressants alone would cause enough anxiety for me to have a bad trip.

Last edited:
^ Removed a couple of posts about swim, and corrected the post in question.

I've noticed that 2 mgs of klonopin or 2 mgs of xan makes my dxm trip so much smoother and euphoric. It takes that weird edge away that dxm can give.

Dude please don't take datura. Go to the experience vaults at Erowid and read them! Not a single one mentions having had "a good time". Every single one is a shit-show of a nightmare narrative where the writer wishes he/she could take it back and not have done it at all.

Datura/Jimson Weed is NOT recreational. To anyone. Ever.

Edit: and to address your og op, in my opinion DPH is just a tool to potentiate opioid and benzos, to treat allergies and symptoms of cold/flu. One should never dose higher than 100mg but to each their own, I suppose.