• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Missed shot of fet hard n sore

Breezy14

Bluelighter
Missed a shot yesterday or day before now above the crook of my elbow where I injected is hard n sore I'm keeping heat pad on it every now n then took amoxicillin bc I got worried and I'm moving arm n massaging as much as I can drinking water n took Motrin...I'm done with the drugs got on methadone..now there is no like point in the center of the lump like an abcess you know it's just hard n sore now making my arm very sore but not hot n I got no fever or nothing else...am I just freaking out?? Can't go to hospital.. so what should I do?? Just keep doing what I'm doing and if it gets bigger by tomorrow then call doctor?? Any other things I can do to get it to go down n heal on its own n not go to Dr or ER I'm petrified they will try to cut it... I never had an abcess but I seen them n this doesn't have like a spot in middle where pus would come or anything u Kno?? PLEASE ANSWER ASAP PLEASE THANK U

You're doing pretty much all you can, although my understanding was to put cold temp on spots in the period after it initially happened to bring down swelling.

You don't have to go to a hospital but it doesn't hurt to go to urgent care or a regular doctor if you are worried about it. They'll know what to do.

Ok so should I switch between an ice pack for thirty mins and then heating pad thirty mins ... If it was an abcess there would b like a pimple thing right

I don't think that's a rule for abscesses...
Here is a thread you might find useful

I'm not sure but I don't think you need to rotate, I would just use cold

If you are worried it really is better to go to the doctors. Taking an antibiotic once won't really kill an infection I don't think and it wouldn't hurt to get some if it appears to be infected.

If you are worried it really is better to go to the doctors. Taking an antibiotic once won't really kill an infection I don't think and it wouldn't hurt to get some if it appears to be infected.
It doesn't seem to be infected like it's not changing colors it normal skin color besides when I take heating pad off then obviously it's red it's just really sore n hurts a lil to move..I looked up all I can and it all says to keep warm compress on it...if it's bigger n worse in the morning imma go to doctor ..I won't die thru the night right lol

No if if doesn't appear to be infected then you won't die lol, yeah pretty much if it gets worse after 24 hours you should get it looked at

one antibiotic will actually make the infection worse(if he did have one i mean) because it weakens your immune system, think of it like tolerance.

That's why the doctors tell you to take ALL the pills

If they did have to drain it, I would think you would get a local painkiller at least, i think they use lidocaine injections but i'm not sure.

Ya, like deficit said, wait and see what happens, if it gets worse, go to the doctor

I missed a shot once and screwed up some veins, i missed with suboxone and meth. I had some leftover antibiotics so i took those for a week as a precaution, it went away, i could feel it inside my arm though for at least 5 days

Maybe you should consider switching to plugging your drugs, it's much safer.

one antibiotic will actually make the infection worse(if he did have one i mean) because it weakens your immune system, think of it like tolerance.

That's why the doctors tell you to take ALL the pills

If they did have to drain it, I would think you would get a local painkiller at least, i think they use lidocaine injections but i'm not sure.

Ya, like deficit said, wait and see what happens, if it gets worse, go to the doctor

I missed a shot once and screwed up some veins, i missed with suboxone and meth. I had some leftover antibiotics so i took those for a week as a precaution, it went away, i could feel it inside my arm though for at least 5 days

Maybe you should consider switching to plugging your drugs, it's much safer.
I don't know how much to plug I usually do four bag shots of fet..

But yea it's just hard n really sore I'm keeping heating pad on it n massaging it a little n I have se amoxicillin left over that's what I'm taking not just one

good on the amoxicillin, how many do you have?
I would do the same dose that you normally shoot, rectal bioavailability is usually 95-99%

@polarthedog

listen him and don't sleep

yo who was breezy

nice username yo lis

u need a cold ice pack in a compress, a towel would do then antibiotics and an anti inflammatory, and an additional body creme if u want protection as far as learnin to shot, what was the mistake of missing? did you sneeze or

No I was having problems getting blood thought I got a lil n was so annoyed I just missed like an idoit

good on the amoxicillin, how many do you have?
I would do the same dose that you normally shoot, rectal bioavailability is usually 95-99%
Woke up arm is still sore and hard but it's not any bigger it's a lil smaller and and it's not any different coloring or anything just sore n hard above my injection site like above the crook of elbow

The only proper answer here is to keep an eye, and with any further development go to emerg. My thought is you could be okay here given the lack of heat and other signs of infection, but the lump and the pain is considerable and should be looked at.

What if u can't go number 2 before is it still fine to plug it
no, you have to poop before or it won't work

If your constipated, squirting glycerin up there and holding it for around 5 minutes will make you shit

no, you have to poop before or it won't work

If your constipated, squirting glycerin up there and holding it for around 5 minutes will make you shit
Really? Why would the mucous membrane in your colon fail to function because you haven’t shit?

in my experience, the shit kinda sits right next to your sphincter if you havent shit for a while, and when you squirt drugs in there, the dry opiod constipation shit absorbs them.

I would think if the shit was way deeper inside you youd be fine though, but it's safer to just poop before.

Yeah the biggest problem with plugging opioids is that chronic users tend to be constipated. What I do when I'm addicted to opioids is take a handful of stool softener pills (ducosate sodium) every day, and an osmotic laxative (like Miralax). I also take 2 teaspoons of psyllium husk powder every morning. The combination of these three things makes my bowels move pretty much like normal without hurting/shitting out rocks. It's so much better, as constipation can be pretty awful, and chronic constipation is quite bad for you.