• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Miscellaneous Rants (part IV! tee hee hee... oh no, part VI)

I think all the main Aussie comedians are great but I get the shits with all but Adam Hills after about 4 episodes of whatever show they host, or 1-2 DVD performances etc, because I get bored once I can recognise the formulaicness (shut up, it's totally a word) of their comedy.

Micallef I do like, but the "ooh aren't I a bit strange" bit gets old pretty quickly.

I'm slightly dirty right now. I have been at my new job for about 5 weeks. Its in a bar/nightclub. Hours are awful (7pm-3am), but it was paying the bills.

I worked on Thursday night after being called in at the last second because someone called in sick. Worked 9 hours. Was supposed to work tonight and tomorrow night too.

I had a bit of a big one last night, and since I haven't slept yet, decided, fuck it, I am going to call in sick. I've never called in sick here, and its flu season, so fuck it. I rang at 11am to give the boss plenty of notice, told him I woke up with a cracking dose of sinus, and vomitting (the usual sickie shit), and before I have even gotten half a sentence out, he says

"You know what, I'm just going to leave you off the roster. You had that time off a fortnight ago (a night that I arranged to take off before I took the job), and you aren't available all the time (I, like 90% of the employees, am full time at uni), so I'm not going to bother." And thats it. I've apparently been 'sacked' (well taken off the roster. Wanker didn't even have the guts to say "you're sacked"), for doing exactly what I was covering on Thursday (except with 8 hours more notice).

I mean shit. I know I shouldn't get fucked up and call in sick, but its a sickie. People get sick. As far as he would have been concerned, -if I had been able to give him my sickie spiel- I would have called in sick for the first time.

But fuck. I wasn't the biggest fan of the job, the security guards, or the clientele (bogans and more bogans); but it was paying the bills. And also this is the first time I have lost a job, and I wasn't even actually fired.

The most galling part is, when someone leaves the pub, they are made to go in to get their last pay in the form of a cheque, so they can have their last say.

Not to mention I need to find another job.

Typical... don't visit for 7mths and when i do no one is here. Suppose it's saturday and everyonesout having a life. Ho hum... i have work tommorow so am being boring

Waves to Doofy.

Jimity I wish i was a millionaire cos i would give ya a few grand to tide you over.

I don't get people who ride bicycles and leave the seat at the lowest height adjustment possible.
They actually make riding a bike look difficult.

Do they not realise that if they adjust the height and lift they seat, it's less effort because your leg gets a chance to stretch right out, thus being able to push on the pedals more effectively.

People, whoever invented people needs to go back to the drawing board.

what type of bikes are you talking about though

i have noticed that alot lately... but more on just kids riding around on a BMX style pushy... i guess if your racing a bmx, you dont really want the seat up your ass, as you will most likely be in a standing position most the time trying to get all you can out of your legs.

On my way to work on saturday morning, i saw about 200 cyclists taking up to lanes of the road (which there was only 2) heading south... if i was behind them, i would be gone MENTAL.

I guess there are a lot more kids riding STP (BMX / mountain bike crossover which does have a very low seat) bikes and hybrids of all kinds.
Like you I've just noticed it more and more lately, but not on these bikes. I'm talking about Mountain Bikes that are designed for the seat to be up, it actually looks awkward to the point where I almost want to pull over stop them and lift their seat and just see how much easier they find it.

Maybe they have a lower centre of gravity and don't like sitting high?
Either way they look ridiculous.

/end rant for the morning.

Dear Telstra telemarketers!

No I don't want to change from our Optus broadband2 internet connection plan and certainly not to a plan for 15gig a month when we require 80+++++ gig a month. If you can offer us that at a reasonable cost we'll think about it. yes I know you give free downloads from sites you approve of accessible from your website but Im happy with the service I get with Itunes and from what I've heard, the sites you guys use are worse.

Please stop ringing us weekly and asking if you can offer us a better deal on our home internet access when we both know you can't.

Sydkiwi

I'll take it one step further

Do NOt Call Register

Too fuckin easy man

Become the solution, stand up to the man, become the change you seek blah blah metaphor cliche etc etc

Easily the thing I want to rant about the most has got to be the cost of green slips. Why has my insurance increased by 100 bucks since last year. I have never even lost a demerit point, not one. All these fuckers out there that drive like crazy idiots is the reason why I have high premiums, not because of the way I drive...

Fucking fuck fuck!

Just when I get settled into a great new job, and get my finances sorted out, the boss at work decides to sack the entire team.

We get told our contracts have been extended until November. They spend 100 man hours training us in a new section, so we have more work to do, then with the simple click of a mouse, the cunt fucks us off. But he has been kind enough to give us two weeks notice.

Oh THANKS, you cunt!

He couldn't just end our contracts at the end of May, when they were meant to be reviewed; NO, he had get it in our heads that we were set until November, THEN roll us over and butt fuck us without even a blink. Two weeks. Then, FUCK OFF!

I wish this man nothing but pain and discontent throughout his life.

May his testicles succumb to necrosis, and his anus prolapse at a most unfortunate moment.

Personally, I blame Barry O'Farrell.

Dear people who think leaning on poles on packed trains is a great idea.

YOU ARE ALL FUCKIN IDIOTS!!!.

Dont worry about the other 59 people in the sardine can with you who cant hold onto anything but fresh air.

If you are going to hog the whole fuckin pole, you better be getting your gear off and flipping upside down!!!

My warning to you is... if the train is to suddenly jolt and i lose my balance, expect me to tackle you like a front row forward.

again, i repeat, you are all fuckin morons

you know you love me xoxo ch0psy.

Dear people who think leaning on poles on packed trains is a great idea.

YOU ARE ALL FUCKIN IDIOTS!!!.

Dont worry about the other 59 people in the sardine can with you who cant hold onto anything but fresh air.

If you are going to hog the whole fuckin pole, you better be getting your gear off and flipping upside down!!!

My warning to you is... if the train is to suddenly jolt and i lose my balance, expect me to tackle you like a front row forward.

again, i repeat, you are all fuckin morons

you know you love me xoxo ch0psy.

Just do what I do, ask them to move nicely, if not, then say (depending on size, 'look' and other(s) involved) MOVE IT and/or "Ok cool" as you put you arm/hand on the pole which may or may not push them aside.

^Yeah that's what i used to do when i caught trains to and from work in previous jobs. Just force them to give you space, they'll probably then seem disgruntled, and that makes it even more rewarding that you made the prick move. :)

Can't sleep FFS, struggling to break my old sleeping pattern and I'm waking up at 4am. I don't need to be up for another 2hrs :X

Car audio.

Spent ALL day fitting a new sub + amplifier in my brothers car only for it not to work. Went over everything, pulled all the wiring out to double check for damages etc etc and in the end i figured the products much be faulty..

Then after dinner i was reading an old Super Cheap Auto catalogue and saw an advert for fuses.. I was duh. Two 15 amp fuses had blown and that was the bloody problem.

Rubbish bins people!

The side of the road is not one big rubbish bin!

And why when I post it capital letters it doesnt come out in capitals!

Received this message on Thursday via sms;

"Hey bro. We haven't spoken in a while but you said you were possibly up for ASOT 500 in Sydney, so I've got a ticket for you. Pay me any time."

1. I meet you once every 6 months for drinks. Don't call me "bro".
2. I don't recall having said that I'd be interested in attending, and it seems unlikely that I would have, as the last all night trance event I went to was at least 5 years ago.
3. "Pay me any time"; Fuck you.

That is all.