• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Mild OD : Mini Stroke, Heart Damage and Loss of consciousness

Maybe it was a transient ischemic attack? I know of a couple people who have gotten those from IV meth and they were not even 25 when this happened.
I brought up nerve damage because I hit a nerve in my late teens while IVing and was unable to move my thumb, index, and middle finger for over a year. couldnt write, open doors, hold a guitar pick, ect..
I was wondering if the OP had any of these symptoms.

cj said:
Going to the ER to get checked out doesn't mean you have to go to rehab or detox. They can't hold you against your will unless your blatantly suicidal and even then it depends on a few factors.

indeed - there's not really any good reason i can think not to, if you are seriously thinking you've done serious harm to yourself. worst that can happen is that they make you feel a bit silly (if it wasn't serious), given you a valium and get some fluids into you.

cj said:
Long story short there are worse outcomes in this game then death.

^^^ this is very, very true

cj said:
Frankly I don't think you had a stroke. If that ever happens you won't be posting about it on blue light you'll be really fucked up and likely spend the rest of your days in a nursing home. I used to think like you I was using as a form of ambivalent suicide. Always hoping the next shot would be curtains. Then someone I knew had a near fatal OD. They where down for a few minutes without oxygen before the medics brought him back. Hes now in a vegetative state. Lives in a state facility with a feeding tube keeping him alive because his family won't withdraw care and let him die. I hope he's already gone mentally but who knows for real. So his life is confined to whatever happens in his head.

yeah, this is the sort of thing i was referring to the other day. i know a guy who walks with a cane and mobility issues because his legs got fucked up when he OD'd, and it's something he'll always have to live with for the rest of his life.
i'm sure i've read your posts about this friend before - was this the friend that you were with when he OD'd? i'm really sorry to hear that they've not recovered from that state - it's horrifying and i really feel for his poor family and friends.

we're not just here telling people to take care because we're busy bodies with nothing better to do. it can be possible to get high and take drugs without killing, crippling or otherwise harming yourself, but not if you ignore warning signs from your body.
i don't take it personally if you ignore advice from me or other bluelighters, cyberius. we just worry about you man, and hope you can find a way to work through whatever has led you down this path of self-destruction.

yeah, drug overdoses can cause brain damage in other ways than not feeling your legs. I was in the behavioral sciences unit once and this dude who kept trying to kill himself with meth/heroin combo overdoses got major brain damage. he didnt succeed, and I only met him when I got there a week after he was admitted, but the dude couldnt focus both of his eyes on one thing and would just start talking in the middle of something, utter nonsens, word salad. That guy was GONE. Every night at around 2-3am he would run around the BSU fuckin SCREAMING, mostly nonsense but also "KILLMEKILLMEKILLMEFUCKER" that shit was disturbing. Made me realize trying to off myself made me more likely to be mentally disabled in a severe way rather than actually achieving what I was trying to do.

If i thought life sucked then, i cant imagine how bad it'd be if I mentally handicapped myself to the point that no human being would be able to interact with me without being either pitiful or terrified.

Lobsterbutch said:
Made me realize trying to off myself made me more likely to be mentally disabled in a severe way rather than actually achieving what I was trying to do.

If i thought life sucked then, i cant imagine how bad it'd be if I mentally handicapped myself to the point that no human being would be able to interact with me without being either pitiful or terrified.

absolutely. OP has stated in another thread that meth withdrawal is worse than death - and that's cool man, your thoughts on the subject are entirely your own choice to make, but i really think that being left in a vegetative state for the rest of your life, losing mobility, being incontinent, maybe unable to speak or communicate and being trapped inside your body - would be (to a lot of people) a pretty terrible way to end up.

i don't mean to harp on about it, or sound like i'm having a go at you man. nor do i want to sound like some kind of ableist asshole saying that disability would be worse than death.
...but that really is what you're messing with if you think you've had a stroke, but won't seek medical attention. it's deeply concerning, and i hope you can find something that will remind you how beautiful and precious life can be, and give you a reason to stop being so reckless with yours.

one of my cousins died of a heroin overdose a few weeks ago, and even though we weren't especially close, i can tell you that the sadness and grief that has swirled around people that knew her, since she died, is more than i think she ever could have known.
i'm pretty sure people care about you, because i don't even know you very well, but i care about you and i'm worried about your wellbeing.

is there someone you can turn to that can help you with your suicidal depression, and maybe help you get away from the meth for a little bit?
it sounds to me that you just need to spend some time meth-free so you can start gaining some better control over the your mind and the dark places it is taking you.
take care man. seriously <3

yeah, drug overdoses can cause brain damage in other ways than not feeling your legs. I was in the behavioral sciences unit once and this dude who kept trying to kill himself with meth/heroin combo overdoses got major brain damage. he didnt succeed, and I only met him when I got there a week after he was admitted, but the dude couldnt focus both of his eyes on one thing and would just start talking in the middle of something, utter nonsens, word salad. That guy was GONE. Every night at around 2-3am he would run around the BSU fuckin SCREAMING, mostly nonsense but also "KILLMEKILLMEKILLMEFUCKER" that shit was disturbing. Made me realize trying to off myself made me more likely to be mentally disabled in a severe way rather than actually achieving what I was trying to do.

sounds like a typical meth induced schiozphrenia suicidal freak to me. Tons of people like that, quite sad.

Not sure about the eye thing though, that definitely sounds like neurological damage.