• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Mild OD : Mini Stroke, Heart Damage and Loss of consciousness

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I went a we bit hard on the glass, again. I got to spinnin a bit too hard 350mg that I passed out on the end of an intense panic attack where everything looked super far away and unreachablev and my leg and arm on the right side went numb for an hour or two. Woke up calmed down and had some food and now my chest is a little tight and I have a little shortness of breath and confusion/weakness. I last dosed 12 hours ago and Im well into the comedown process. Am not going back to stimulants as my heart will explode explode. Should I get an ekg/mri? How important is that? My luck is running out with avoiding dire consequences of stimulant use and I forsee heart failure in my near future. What else should I do?

Dude, you need to get to a hospital ASAP

Why would I do that? Does it really matter tho? I don't unserstand how dire this is since I've OD'd way harder and still waddled home and after the comedown. I came out of that stroke pretty bothered but damn I just couldn't stop pounding mr meat boy I was still loaded. I still feel pretty good, even though it kinda feels like I have a walking head injury lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Less is more fun perhaps? But i do get that overdoing thing just not with stimulants, what is it your chasing or aiming for that your dosages get that high it producing strokes?

Is this one of those glass half full brain half working kinda things? Like the damage is done so why fess up and lose my house/car/freedom thus increasing the impact of this when I can just put tape over it pretend I was born like that. I'm still wake up tomorrow and have to think a couple more seconds before tying my pants on. I have like no concept of tomorrow right now, Im still fuckin hype guys?

If this is potentially fatal though lmk that'd be fucked up if this killed me lol

Less is more fun perhaps? But i do get that overdoing thing just not with stimulants, what is it your chasing or aiming for that your dosages get that high it producing strokes?

I hate coming down without a fight, tailspinning into the ground is more satisfying than waiting to be sober

Gay lol. Why would I do that? Does it really matter tho? I don't unserstand how dire this is since I've OD'd way harder and still waddled home and after the comedown. I came out of that stroke pretty bothered but damn I just couldn't stop pounding mr meat boy I was still loaded. I still feel pretty good, even though it kinda feels like I have a walking head injury lol

Strokes are really super fucking serious - you need to get checked out, if you want to be able to use your brain and body for anything beyond massive impairment/disability for the rest of your days.
It's not tough to ignore drug related harm; if you care enough to start this thread, get to emergency as soon as you can.

Maybe you didnt have a stroke, but if you did - you could easily end up permanently disabled.

Strokes are really super fucking serious - you need to get checked out, if you want to be able to use your brain and body for anything beyond massive impairment/disability for the rest of your days.
It's not tough to ignore drug related harm; if you care enough to start this thread, get to emergency as soon as you can.

Maybe you didnt have a stroke, but if you did - you could easily end up permanently disabled.

Alright I'm starting to clear up a bit. I read that transient strokes are commonplace with meth addiction and they usually die down in a couple days at the longest. My right knee is still numb on the right side. I think its more nerve damage at this point. Is this an issue if I feel fine now? I'm coming down and my chest pressure has cleared up. Unless it's life or death I won't go, I'd be assassinating my character and I'd probably rather be dead at that point anyways (the rehab rollercoaster/early sobriety shuffle was far worse than any part of my addiction)

I kinda hope I die on a meth binge, the pleasant dulling was actually really wonderful. If my brain pops on a meth OD I went out a happy man. It's like an ultimate sigh of relief when your mind buckles under intense stimulation and you lose the ability to comprehend death or time as a process. Everything sort of mixes into this ink blot and you can make anything out of it you want while it fades to black

To be frank...

You need help. And not just with the stroke.

Your mindset is all screwy. I'd recommend detox, some anti-drug friends, a therapist, and then on top of it all, read some books or research cool people who've recovered, like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D9zO8dZzTk

Good luck.

Last edited:
Alright I'm starting to clear up a bit. I read that transient strokes are commonplace with meth addiction and they usually die down in a couple days at the longest. My right knee is still numb on the right side. I think its more nerve damage at this point. Is this an issue if I feel fine now? I'm coming down and my chest pressure has cleared up. Unless it's life or death I won't go, I'd be assassinating my character and I'd probably rather be dead at that point anyways (the rehab rollercoaster/early sobriety shuffle was far worse than any part of my addiction)

I kinda hope I die on a meth binge, the pleasant dulling was actually really wonderful. If my brain pops on a meth OD I went out a happy man. It's like an ultimate sigh of relief when your mind buckles under intense stimulation and you lose the ability to comprehend death or time as a process. Everything sort of mixes into this ink blot and you can make anything out of it you want while it fades to black

The attitude you bring to your drug use - your desires, expectations and whatever else - is up to you.
But you need to understand that those of us who contribute here do so because we want to help people reduce their drug related harm.

I don't think any of us could possibly encourage you to ignore this or reassure you that it is fine, nor condone drug use which is basically suicidal.

It's really quite frightening, and i hope the gravity of the situation eventually dawns on you. I think a lot of people think that risky drug use will get them high...or else kill them.
Becoming profoundly disabled isnt something a lot of us automatically think about, but it certainly happens.

With respect man (because i like you and want to to be well) you really need to get a medical opinion on this one. Strangers on discussion boards can't tell you whether or not you've had a stroke, or how serious it is.
Maybe you can live with living out the rest of your days in a wheelchair or whatever else, but if i were you, i'd get to a hospital - or in the very least, a doctor.
I've done all kinds of crazy fucked up drug shit, but this sounds serious.

The attitude you bring to your drug use - your desires, expectations and whatever else - is up to you.
But you need to understand that those of us who contribute here do so because we want to help people reduce their drug related harm.

I don't think any of us could possibly encourage you to ignore this or reassure you that it is fine, nor condone drug use which is basically suicidal.

It's really quite frightening, and i hope the gravity of the situation eventually dawns on you. I think a lot of people think that risky drug use will get them high...or else kill them.
Becoming profoundly disabled isnt something a lot of us automatically think about, but it certainly happens.

With respect man (because i like you and want to to be well) you really need to get a medical opinion on this one. Strangers on discussion boards can't tell you whether or not you've had a stroke, or how serious it is.
Maybe you can live with living out the rest of your days in a wheelchair or whatever else, but if i were you, i'd get to a hospital - or in the very least, a doctor.
I've done all kinds of crazy fucked up drug shit, but this sounds serious.

Anythings better than going through meth or going through recovery at this point. Yeah I guess I'm starting to get really reckless with a lot of thigns

There are obviously some deeper issues there to be explored, but first things first - if you think you've had a stroke, you need medical attention immediately.

Not wishing to labour the point, but it's obviously freaked you out enough to want to talk to us about it - but not so freaked out that you'd ask medical professionals who can assess - and actually help you?
I understand the reluctance people can have in going to the hospital for drug related matters, but it's not worth risking your life over, or your mobility or ability to speak or whatever other horrible things stroke survivors can

Tl;dr - ignore medical emergencies at your own peril, it's serious and i urge you to get to a hospital pronto. If it gets worse you could lose the capacity to even make a call for help.

I hate coming down without a fight, tailspinning into the ground is more satisfying than waiting to be sober
So essentially you go beyond comedown region, bypassing it and straight to the ground. I get it I do the same only with mutiple substances.

Remember just as your spin begins to look for a soft spot to land on. And take the advise above if possible have someone take you there.

If this is potentially fatal though lmk

Yes you can fatally overdose from methamphetamine. Medicinal doses typically begin around 5 or 10 milligrams. 35-70x that is beyond abuse; it's a dose for a long-term highly tolerant user, or an intentional overdose.

50mg intravenous shot would be very intense for me, and I never became significantly tolerant to methamphetamine. It's quite probable you overdosed by taking 350mg (snorted? smoked? oral? shot? how did you take it?) and you should avoid the drug at all costs.

I kinda hope I die on a meth binge

It would actually be quite uncomfortable. There's a reason why people don't opt to kill themselves via methamphetamine overdose. Read the stories of people who have died from massive overdoses on methamphetamine. They go through panic attacks, they cry out about their heart hurting, sense that they're dying, and are fully aware that they're dying. Not fun.

Last edited:
I have been a heavy iv meth user in the past. I have been off it for five years with maybe like 10 relapses. I almost always went for the massive shot, like 3-5 tenths. When i do it i always feel like i am going to die. It is the rush that draws me back but it feels like dying at that level. I have had long lasting numbness in my legs after use. I even had two of my toes i could not feel for a long time, like two years. In the area where I live there is really good stuff and many people have assured me that it does cause the numbness later like you describe. I don't think that is a good sign. I have recovered, but dang man, take it easy. You are addicted. it may be fun, but losing the use of your body is not worth it. Try to lay off it for a while and think is it really worth it. You may need a professional to help you. It is not worth it to lose your life. sometimes we cannot see that through our own eyes. I hope you find some kind of peace and can take a break.

I have been a heavy iv meth user in the past. I have been off it for five years with maybe like 10 relapses. I almost always went for the massive shot, like 3-5 tenths. When i do it i always feel like i am going to die. It is the rush that draws me back but it feels like dying at that level. I have had long lasting numbness in my legs after use. I even had two of my toes i could not feel for a long time, like two years. In the area where I live there is really good stuff and many people have assured me that it does cause the numbness later like you describe. I don't think that is a good sign. I have recovered, but dang man, take it easy. You are addicted. it may be fun, but losing the use of your body is not worth it. Try to lay off it for a while and think is it really worth it. You may need a professional to help you. It is not worth it to lose your life. sometimes we cannot see that through our own eyes. I hope you find some kind of peace and can take a break.

jesus christ that sounds like permanent circulatory damage? :\ please get some help if you're using 0.3g+ in a single dose without a tolerance, guys. you're risking your lives.

Were your extremities movable at all or completely numb and immobile? It could possibly have been nerve damage instead of circulatory collapse.

Going to the ER to get checked out doesn't mean you have to go to rehab or detox. They can't hold you against your will unless your blatantly suicidal and even then it depends on a few factors.

Frankly I don't think you had a stroke. If that ever happens you won't be posting about it on blue light you'll be really fucked up and likely spend the rest of your days in a nursing home. I used to think like you I was using as a form of ambivalent suicide. Always hoping the next shot would be curtains. Then someone I knew had a near fatal OD. They where down for a few minutes without oxygen before the medics brought him back. Hes now in a vegetative state. Lives in a state facility with a feeding tube keeping him alive because his family won't withdraw care and let him die. I hope he's already gone mentally but who knows for real. So his life is confined to whatever happens in his head.

Long story short there are worse outcomes in this game then death.