• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Migraines caused by marijuana?

headaches induced by pot are caused from plants not being flushed in the last two weeks of flower. the remaining nutes are then kept in the plant and cause a harsh smoke, headaches and sinus pressure. the thing is most commercial is grow with not much care at all. they just want to get the product out the door.:\

i smoked a whole bunch with a few friends of mine, and me and my friend both got big headaches that lasted into the next day

This has happend to me after smoking, but not during the high.

I think if you over do it, especially highly potent thc strains, it can cause headaches. Last time I got this was from vaporising resin which is never a good idea to start off with..

Other times, it has been from low quality shitty buds which prob had a higher cbd to thc ratio.. that is prob what causes it most of the time, getting the body stone and the tiredness but no significant thc high.

I often get small headaches when I'm coming down. I don't really mind them because i usually smoke before bed, so i don't experience them.

i actually had chronic migraines growing up until 11th grade or so when i first got high. they were headaches of pressure, or at least they felt like it (around the eyes) but i have heard that pot reduces ocular pressure. i have been smoking pot pretty often since, i hope if i quit one day that they wont come back

Very common to get migraines after multiple smoking sessions without a period of sleep between, IME. Been smoking heavily for 5 years and I experienced migraines before smoking, they are just now more intense because of it

^i would be more likely to try a very low dose of LSD. maybe a quarter hit or something.

Never had headaches while stoned, quite the opposite actually. However, I had horrible headaches for a while when I first quit weed after a year of hardcore toking...

I sometimes get minor "dull" headaches when coming down off of herb, especially if I'm smoking during the day, but I've never had anything close to a migraine from smoking mj.

I've had headaches in the past when I have been smoking Blueberry. I dont know why it just happens sometimes.

Very common to get migraines after multiple smoking sessions without a period of sleep between, IME. Been smoking heavily for 5 years and I experienced migraines before smoking, they are just now more intense because of it

This makes me wonder if the OP was well-rested before smoking?

Also, is there any stem in your bowls?

Ok

I get a migraine or suicide headache when I smoke regardless of weed type. It will last until the morning next day. It's only when smoke all day on my days off work that it occurs. When I come home after work and get ripped it doesn't happen. So maybe prolonged periods of a consistent high trigger it. Maybe the theory of blood flow is correct. I'm sure these migraines from weed have something to do with a prolonged high. Maybe wake and bake causes it or lack of nutrients as someone else suggested. Sigh.... Maybe this is fate telling me to quit

Anyways my migraine situation is identical to ratiuglink's situation. Maybe we should just quit.

It's only when smoke all day on my days off work that it occurs.

after about 5 hours of solid smoking I will get a headache, sometimes a migraine.

This is just a hypothesis, but perhaps it has something to do with the lack of oxygen?

I smoke weed daily, this never happens. With that being said, I don't sit there and smoke bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl. Its a waste of weed and a waste of time IMHO.

I smoke a bowl. I get baked. Then I enjoy the fact that I'm super ripped instead of sitting there and smoking more weed even though it doesn't get me any higher whatsoever.

You said it doesn't happen when you don't sit there and smoke weed all day, so maybe try not sitting there smoking weed all day when you have a day off! Smoke a joint and go watch a movie instead of smoke 2 joints before you smoke 2 joints then smoke 2 more.

I always thought it was from all the plant matter your smoking, which does cause lack of oxygen like he said above me

i can say i practiacally have the exact same problem. been smoking for a couple of years and this has never happened until about 2 weeks ago. took about a 5 day break but it had no change in the migraine. the quality of the weed is without doubt good and no, im not smoking leaf. i really dont think fish oil will help but if it doesnt go away ill probably try it. OP please let us know what your solution to this problem was. did you simply stop smoking?

personally ive never had a migraine in my life, although i have had some SEVERE headaches while on weed, similar to the ones you described. personally, the reason was simply dehydration, which weed can easily cause especially if you were already close to getting the headache before you smoke. in my experience, the first thing to try when i get a headache is to simply drink 3 or 4 glasses of water and make sure i keep drinking water, and after 15 minutes or half an hour the headache goes away. then you can keep smoking to your hearts content, just dont forget the water...

This is just a hypothesis, but perhaps it has something to do with the lack of oxygen?

I smoke weed daily, this never happens. With that being said, I don't sit there and smoke bowl after bowl after bowl after bowl. Its a waste of weed and a waste of time IMHO.

I smoke a bowl. I get baked. Then I enjoy the fact that I'm super ripped instead of sitting there and smoking more weed even though it doesn't get me any higher whatsoever.

You said it doesn't happen when you don't sit there and smoke weed all day, so maybe try not sitting there smoking weed all day when you have a day off! Smoke a joint and go watch a movie instead of smoke 2 joints before you smoke 2 joints then smoke 2 more.

bro, im a daily smoker too, and i usually smoke one bowl then just chill. one or two in a day is usually about it, one in the afternoon and one at night. however, if i choose (and sometimes i do) to smoke another bowl after the first, it most DEFINATELY gets me higher... much much higher. i usually end up in the land of audial hallucinations, poor balance, and crazy visual shit after my second bowl in a row... cant say ive ever smoked more than 2 bowls in one sitting since usually the poor balance, poor motor control, and crazy visual shit from the first 2 bowls make me literally incapable of continuing to take hits. also the smoke burns much worse after one or two bowls.