• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

RCs Middle aged English men?

Any insight on what caused the dips in the birth rate at certain points?

Very interesting that.

The "birth rates" as you call them, were influenced by the rise of "mcat", mephedrone bans, precursor bans, stuff like that. We deffo got 100%. They were infact consodered "birth death".

Oh. Oops.

Very interesting that.
Not having as much sex. Simple answer, if you think about it (doesn't require a retired biology teacher).
What you should have asked is, "why did people stop having as much sex".
My work here is done! 🤣

Since the second world war at least, the birth rate in the UK does seem to be linked to the economic and employment prospects of the times. If that is true, there's probably going to be a sharp decline in births over the next year or so at least.

The first Covid lockdown may have produced an exception to the rule. I'd guess that birth rates increased following that period due to many couples being confined indoors with restricted entertainment options. And that would have happened regardless of how the economy was performing.

Last edited:

Very interesting that.

I'd look at it more like the peaks than the dips. The one around 75 corresponds with the massive baby boom of 1946 when we'd won a war. And if you create a new big number, that same number will be around 20 years (a generation) later to conceive in big numbers, hence you get cycles. Because 20 (or so) years later you get etc etc.

I don’t reckon that’s it personally. Generations don’t work like they’re just an abstract way of grouping people together by cultural trends.

Reckon more like economic conditions or something.
General ebb and flow on a downward trajectory.

If it was generational there would be one per peak and one per trough

I'd look at it more like the peaks than the dips. The one around 75 corresponds with the massive baby boom of 1946 when we'd won a war. And if you create a new big number, that same number will be around 20 years (a generation) later to conceive in big numbers, hence you get cycles. Because 20 (or so) years later you get etc etc.

Yeah agreed, some of the more recent ones don’t appear to line up to anything obvious (to me anyway) though.

When I see the thread title, I can't help but start humming 'Mad Dogs and Englishmen' (it even scans - "middle aged Englishmen, go out in the midday sun"!)

Sound of Noel Coward turning in his grave... 🤣

I was going to say, even if she became famous about the time I was transitioning from nappies, I would have (and will, if invited) take her to the heights of sexual ecstacy. Some people age well, others not so much!

I was going to say, even if she became famous about the time I was transitioning from nappies, I would have (and will, if invited) take her to the heights of sexual ecstacy. Some people age well, others not so much!

Next time I see her, I will tip her the wink ;-)

Much appreciated, I'd even buy her a meal, while going out dining (might be the local chippy, though! 🤣)

Pomme frites with pisum fabem avec cod served in the traditional NE England manner - £35 of anyone's money!