• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Methoxetamine Subthread] I.V. Injection

Thanks for your input, Ralt, much appreciated. Do you have tolerance to methoxetamine or cross-tolerance to ketamine or any other NMDA-antagonists?

Thanks for your input, Ralt, much appreciated. Do you have tolerance to methoxetamine or cross-tolerance to ketamine or any other NMDA-antagonists?

I abused DXM about two years ago heavily to the point where I lost the magic, never found Ketamine. I am just a dissociative hard head, I like to be GONE.

i iv it, but it's strong and lasts long and its easy to black out and do crazy PCP like things. so be careful.

plus if ur like me and keep redosing, u build a tolerance quickly and then ruin ketamine bc of cross tolerance

This is congruous with my experience. Pleasurable rush (at least I thought so, it's not pleasurable like H or coke or anything, but it was pleasant) and tendency to redose led to crazy-fast tolerance build up, and was generally unhealthy. I advise sticking to other ROAs.

I LOVE MXE used via the IV route, in fact its nearly the only route I ever use for the stuff, although I do IM now and again, and will plug if I have no needles.

Gives a hell of a rush, feels strange, otherworldly, but quite opioid like. And it is without exception, save of course, for more opioids, the best cure for withdrawal ever. Works a treat on driving down tolerance too.

hmm just received a 1g sample from a chineses (bulk) vendor . Couple mg sublingual for allegy test and 25mg iv just now. its been about half a year since I have done MXE. I went through 3g, 2 of which were awesome. One of which was really really crappy. If I remember correctly 25mg IV had me pretty wonked out before, as here I have done 25mg mg IV and it feels about threshold. A little bit of wonkeyness but not the weird rush that I remember. Damn. Was hoping to have some good mxe again but this feels like the lower quality stuff I have tried, if its even MXE. Was hopin for some of that kick ass stuff I had last summer.
argh. Maybe I still have a tolerenace and need to push it a little further. I have a mg scale this time, whereas I was eyeballing every other time with my last batches. I did ALOT of DXM when I was younger and a lot of MXE last summer. Would a tolerance still be hanging around almost 8 months after last mxe use?

EDIT: Ya, shit given this 25mg a little time and I barely feel much. daaaamn
Im really not very keen on chemistry but had anyone figured out if there is different isomers with different effects for this compound out there as there is with Ketamine, or should is it usually racemetic? sorry about any spelling errors

EDIT: someone informed me that they prob have the same stuff as me and told me to try dosing higher. 75mg IV felt GREAT! It was way shorter and a bit different from the MXE i remember, but it is definitely an active dissociative. Still curious if this is a particular isomer of MXE as opposed to perhaps a racemetic mixture, or if this is a completely different chemical. Very strange. :?

Last edited:
No one has separated the isomers to my knowledge, 'tis no easy task (comparatively) and if someone had many people would be very excited to hear the results. So, you've go to ask yourself, which is more likely, that you received a hitherto unknown product (S or R MXE) or else your vendor just sent you some shite?

(rhetorical question)

No one has separated the isomers to my knowledge, 'tis no easy task (comparatively) and if someone had many people would be very excited to hear the results. So, you've go to ask yourself, which is more likely, that you received a hitherto unknown product (S or R MXE) or else your vendor just sent you some shite?

(rhetorical question)

Im really not very knowledgable on this kinda thing, but I guess what I was thinking, was that the isomers were not intentionally separated at some point, but that somehow in the synth, there got to be moreso of "this" isomer ,as opposed to "that" isomer. I would imagine this is possible and is most likely done while producing things like Dextro-amphetamine and levo- amphetamine. I doubt that it is synthed as racemetic and then separated into dextro and levo.

Also, I kinda doubt he would knowingly send me shite when I told him that I needed this sample to run an analysis and verify that it is what it is before I purchase anymore. It may get tested and show as high purity MXE, but they probably don't check to see which isomer it is.
Someone please correct me if I am mistaken here.

I've IVed methoxetamine, and don't like it. It's too intense, even compared to IM. I thought I was going to die when I injected (IV) 40 mg. It wasn't terrible, it was really a spiritual experience, but not something I was ready for and I'm lucky I didn't do anything rash. I've only seen it readily dissolve in water once, usually it has to be heated.

Im really not very knowledgable on this kinda thing, but I guess what I was thinking, was that the isomers were not intentionally separated at some point, but that somehow in the synth, there got to be moreso of "this" isomer ,as opposed to "that" isomer. I would imagine this is possible
There are tw stereoisomers of mxe, r and s (or dextro and levo). generally speaking unless you use reagents that are present in an enantiomerically pure form, youll end up with exactly 50% r and 50% s isomer. while separating them usually isnt very difficult (e.g. with s/r tartaric acid), i havent heard it to be done with mxe which makes it very unlikely (it creates additional costs for no benefit of which i know).

I never really liked MXE because it didn't get me very far out there at reasonable dosages and is far too stimulating. I like to pass right out after a dissociative experience. Anyway, I gave it another chance yesterday after not having touched it for 18 months, this time IV. I have no tolerance at all.

Tried 80mg IV and when I was still able to move around just fine I threw another 30mg rectal into the mix within a minute. I honestly can't say I didn't enjoy it, eventhough I'd go for 100-110mg next time. Main effects were ~90min, pronounced dissociation for another 3 hours, sleep would've been possible at around 7h I'd say.

Unfortunately, it did nothing in respect to battling my current depression. Today I am experiencing a pretty bad headache and am feeling quite lethargic. :/

Last edited:
There are tw stereoisomers of mxe, r and s (or dextro and levo). generally speaking unless you use reagents that are present in an enantiomerically pure form, youll end up with exactly 50% r and 50% s isomer. while separating them usually isnt very difficult (e.g. with s/r tartaric acid), i havent heard it to be done with mxe which makes it very unlikely (it creates additional costs for no benefit of which i know).

I never really liked MXE because it didn't get me very far out there at reasonable dosages and is far too stimulating. I like to pass right out after a dissociative experience. Anyway, I gave it another chance yesterday after not having touched it for 18 months, this time IV. I have no tolerance at all.

Tried 80mg IV and when I was still able to move around just fine I threw another 30mg rectal into the mix within a minute. I honestly can't say I didn't enjoy it, eventhough I'd go for 100-110mg next time. Main effects were ~90min, pronounced dissociation for another 3 hours, sleep would've been possible at around 7h I'd say.

Unfortunately, it did nothing in respect to battling my current depression. Today I am experiencing a pretty bad headache and am feeling quite lethargic. :/

you can end up with different ratios besides 50 50 if you do recyrstalizations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racemic_mixture#Crystallization

read the section of crystallization, talkes about how you get ratios of enantiomers other than 50 50 from a crystalization, depending on what salts are being formed, so the possibility exists without complex techs such as chiral chromatography or chiral resolutions.

don't know what the behavior of mxe is....anyone know the anser to this question, how do the r and s enantiomers of mxe crystalize under various conditions?
r

Last edited:
you can end up with different ratios besides 50 50 if you do recyrstalizations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racemic_mixture#Crystallization

read the section of crystallization, talkes about how you get ratios of enantiomers other than 50 50 from a crystalization, depending on what salts are being formed, so the possibility exists without complex techs such as chiral chromatography or chiral resolutions.

don't know what the behavior of mxe is....anyone know the anser to this question, how do the r and s enantiomers of mxe crystalize under various conditions?
r
I did read it to make sure, but think you misunderstood that article. It IS possible to separate a racemate, but for the synthesis to yield anything other than an equal amount of each stereoisomer you need to have a "chiral influence" in the reaction. Read the synthesis section. ;)

I did read it to make sure, but think you misunderstood that article. It IS possible to separate a racemate, but for the synthesis to yield anything other than an equal amount of each stereoisomer you need to have a "chiral influence" in the reaction. Read the synthesis section. ;)

i never said anything about the synthesis, its freshmen chemistry knowledge that you must have another stereocenter on the substrate or a chiral reagent to end up with a higher d.r. or e.e. than 50/50 during a synthetic step....so nobody is arguing that enantioenrichment can happen during a synthetic step in MXE synthesis.

the point i'm trying to make to you is that with certain compounds...when you do a recrystalization of the racimate, you can selectivley crystalize out only one of the enantiomers, or in other cases a mixture crystalizes out that is NOT 50/50. Also, there are very cheap optically pure compounds such as tartrates that can be used to make tartrate salts for example and selectively crystalize out a single enantiomer (or enantioenriched crystal)

read the section of this article titled: "resolution by crystalization"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiral_resolution#Resolution_by_crystallization

here is another two links explaining the concept...

http://academic.ncl.res.in/rg.gonnade/research-interest

http://www.uctm.edu/journal/j2007-1/01-Morgenstern-5-16.pdf

Last edited:
the point i'm trying to make to you is that with certain compounds...when you do a recrystalization of the racimate, you can selectivley crystalize out only one of the enantiomers, or in other cases a mixture crystalizes out that is NOT 50/50. Also, there are very cheap optically pure compounds such as tartrates that can be used to make tartrate salts for example and selectively crystalize out a single enantiomer (or enantioenriched crystal)
[...]while separating them usually isnt very difficult (e.g. with s/r tartaric acid), i havent heard it to be done with mxe which makes it very unlikely (it creates additional costs for no benefit of which i know).
That's what I said originally. I am fully aware that it's often quite cheap and easy with d/l tartaric acid. ;) Nonetheless, this isn't really part of the synthesis and I don't think any rc lab pumping out MXE would have any reason to feel inclined to go through this process. Cheap or not, it's extra work and takes extra time. Since I have never seen either of the isomers sold separately, I strongly doubt the person who theorized he might've had something other than racemic MXE was correct in his assumption.

edit: Thanks for the links! :)

I will never ever use a needle but being a MXE devotee any topic regarding Methoxetamine deeply interests me, as I'm on a quest to better understand this miraculous substance and the Eighth Wonder Of The World, the Dissociative Hole.

Can someone experienced give a graphic timeline and effect description of what would happen if you IV inject a Hole dose of MXE? I cant imagine what it would feel like to achieve what I take 3-6 hours for in mere minutes. How does it feel to have your external consciousness wiped out as rapidly like that? And once in the Hole, doesnt that feel abrupt, or does it at once feel timeless? Does enormous tolerance to MXE translate also to thew IV route or will IV always get you there?
Please give a graphic description of what its like.

I had stronger trips just snorting and re-dosing on MXE than shooting. Everytime I shot, if I re-dosed it wouldn't do much. The rush was pretty interesting but not that euphoric.

Hello, I need to know the dosages for IV MXE for somebody who has experience with IV ketamine but has no current tolerance (unless permanent dissociative tolerance is a real thing). I ask because I've let a few of my friends that enjoy K try MXE recently and earlier tonight I traded 100mg of adderall IR for my last 60mg of MXE to a guy I know and his gf which they decide to IV. The male must've shot 40mg and the female 20mg, before they did this I suggested they start with 10mg IV but since I have no experience with needles I wasn't for sure. Regardless they ignored my advice. 40mg IV had the male ALMOST holing while standing and holding a needle, he could barley talk but he seemed to enjoy it. 20mg IV for the female was too light of a dose however. They were also on Xanax I'm pretty sure but I was honestly shocked when I watched him shoot 40mg w/o tolerance. So is IV not very effective for MXE or something?

I'm trying to find IV dosages for you, but just curious: why don't you IM it? Sure sanitary procedures are even more important but IMO it should always be sterile anyway (what gear will you be using to ensure that). I do IM but have never IV'ed and don't plan on it, I really dislike the idea of coming up while you are shooting and if there is a rush with whatever drug I don't really want it since they are amazing and addictive enough as is. Also with IM you don't have the hassle of having to hit a vein correctly. Admittedly when I was first discovering it using K it was a bit of a fumble.

Google wasn't much use, but I re-read this thread. Have you read it? If so, tell me if you agree that 30 mg IV sounds like it should be good but nevertheless it is always better to start lower to get a feel for it. There is no good reason not to. Between 10-20 mg would be better.
But you shouldn't rely on me alone, I use IM and I had a dissociative tolerance to begin with when MXE started appearing.

Last edited:
I'll have to get back to you on that, currently crashing off of 90mg adderall IR and about 30mg MXE. Haven't slept in almost 48 hours and I just found out a friend of mine passed away a few days ago from a heroin OD. None the less this is important information to know.

Well, I find IV MXE to be one of favorite route for pure hedonistic purposes. The first few times I did not enjoy it. All it did was leave me incapacitated and extremely confused, didn't know where i was, and whether 30 min or 6 hours had passed. I feel you need to have a tolerance to enjoy it IV, kind of like where marijuana can induce extreme anxiety and paranoia, but after a while those side effects start to diminish as tolerance grows.

Once you get accustomed to this route, I think it can provide one of the best rushes, and I've IV'd just about every drug one can.
I actually am getting some tomorrow and it's been quite some time since my last go with mxe.

I usually start off with 60 mg IV and it wont hit at first, so it allows you some time to pull the needle out and get in a comfortable position. After about 30 seconds, the rush starts and is first accompanied by an opiate like quality, as well as an increase in sensitivity to sound, then It feels as if I'm being gently wrapped up in a warm blanket by god himself. The next stage is a sensation of being pulled towards something welcoming, like floating down a river of pure love and understanding. this all happens over the span of a minute or so before I get completely obliterated and enter a hole of some sorts, then some really weird stuff happens.

This route is extremely addicting and compulsive, leading to countless redoses, which is why I mentioned IV is suitable for hedonistic reasons. I find I.M to be better in regards for experiencing the full spectrum of the mxe and feel IV use has kind of ruined that for me.

So, I for one absolutely love the rush IV mxe provides. It can be a tad over stimulating and which is why I love to add approx. .75 mg of etizolam dissolved in prop. glycol to the solution, which makes for a lovely combination.

Last edited: