• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Methoxetamine might NOT cause the same bladder toxicity as Ketamine does in heavy use

Asante

Bluelighter
Research has been done as to the metabolites of Methoxetamine http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23774830 from which I quote:

Eight metabolites were identified in rat and different human urines allowing postulation of the following metabolic pathways: N-deethylation, O-demethylation, hydroxylation, and combinations as well as glucuronidation or sulfation.

The main urinary metabolite of Ketamine is dehydronorketamine, which is thought to be the primary cause of Ketamine bladder toxicity, due to it being an alpha-beta unsaturated ketone (a derivative of the toxic, alkylating irritant species cyclohexenone, or dehydrocyclohexanone).

The MXE derived analog of that irritant metabolite, dehydronormethoxetamine, was not identified in human or rat urine, and because of this, MXE likely does not demonstrate dehydrocyclohexanone derivative mediated bladder toxicity.

It still doesn't mean MXE is harmless of course, not by a long shot.

So I ask, is there anyone here who has never used ketamine but who used Methoxetamine heavily and has contracted the same degree of severe bladder toxicity as is common in regular Ketamine use? It is key that they never used Ketamine before, because this can have done dehydronorketamine-mediated damage which then might have been worsened by the MXE.

This is great news, and evidence for what many of us had been speculating already. I mean, the amount of MXE I've used in the last 2 years, I'd have SOMETHING wrong with me if it was as dangerous as ketamine.

Can I ask about your estimated total lifetime use of MXE?

I believe I have used a total of under 20 grams since 2011.

I've prolly used a similar amount, with a under 10g of K spread out over 4-5yrs. While I have never had professional evalution from a physician, I haven't noticed any bladder issues.

Yeah, we've been speculating on MXE's bladder safety every since its creation, but we've had no studies to based on which to based such talk. Nice to hear that we have something to look to, even if it ain't concrete.

That is just not anything like the kind of usage that heavy ketamine users go through. We are talking about people using grams or multiple grams every single day. It only seems to be these cases of extreme use in which the toxicity manifests. I follow the argument, OP, and it's good news, thanks for sharing, let's just not jump to conclusions.

I just used MXE for a week everyday and I noticed my bladder yesterday evening feeling very full but not having to pee. This annoying feeling did not hurt or anything, it just persisted for hours. I don't know if this is a symptom of bladder toxicity, but I just wanted to chime in on this discussion. Methoxetamine also never gave me any cramps or pains, just this feeling of needing to pee. I've had this six months ago as well, but it went away quickly. I've had k-cramps this years, which were a lot worse. It really was agony. Never had this with MXE. I'm currently on a break since I don't want to keep using dissociatives when I have tolerance like this. I also vowed to never buy ketamine again, since it's awful on the nose and I'm really no fan of needles, and also the pain it causes when you push your use (which is the only fun thing to do with ketamine, unless combining with psychedelics).

I just used MXE for a week everyday and I noticed my bladder yesterday evening feeling very full but not having to pee. This annoying feeling did not hurt or anything, it just persisted for hours. I don't know if this is a symptom of bladder toxicity, but I just wanted to chime in on this discussion. Methoxetamine also never gave me any cramps or pains, just this feeling of needing to pee. I've had this six months ago as well, but it went away quickly. I've had k-cramps this years, which were a lot worse. It really was agony. Never had this with MXE. I'm currently on a break since I don't want to keep using dissociatives when I have tolerance like this. I also vowed to never buy ketamine again, since it's awful on the nose and I'm really no fan of needles, and also the pain it causes when you push your use (which is the only fun thing to do with ketamine, unless combining with psychedelics).

I've had this too. If you do not drink a lot of water during the course of using MXE you will feel the need to pee and be unable. I have spent many a nights in bathroom sitting for hours trying to piss because I got so holed out I didn't remember to drink enough water. Also I've found the more water you drink the better experience it is. So while it doesn't have the problems hardcore K use can cause it does imo have some urinary issues.

Theres a difference between bladder irritation and bladder infections, which can be caused by excessive peeing due to MXE and your bladder wall actually dying and shredding off as is the case with K abuse.

so asante is it better to pee less while on mxe ? i alway tend to drink way more water than usual while on it and pee more frequently and felt that it was the right thing to do...

Its definitely best to pee as much as possible on MXE, that is to be and remain well hydrated. What you want is for the metabolites to be as diluted as possible. A good rate of hydration for a drug experiment is 1-2 glasses per hour and great fluids to drink are milk and fruitjuice/water 50/50. You want to avoid water intoxication, so dont go overboard by drinking too much.

Gatorade or other sports drinks are good to drink while on MDxx-type drugs because they help replenish your electrolytes....I assume the same is true of MXE.

Loss of electrolytes, I imagine, is largely related to copious sweating. Methoxetamine doesn't cause hyperthermia/sweating, nor is it often used in hot, sweaty, energetic environments like MDMA is, so it's probably not such a concern. Keeping hydrated is always sensible, of course, and with ketamine-like drugs, you probably want to try to keep your urine quite dilute and fast-moving. As an aside, I believe the body actually takes PCP up from urine in the bladder and it enters the bloodstream again, does this happen with, or is it likely to, with K or MXE? I imagine the polarity lessens it, but I don't know, so I'm asking.

Loss of electrolytes, I imagine, is largely related to copious sweating. Methoxetamine doesn't cause hyperthermia/sweating, nor is it often used in hot, sweaty, energetic environments like MDMA is, so it's probably not such a concern. Keeping hydrated is always sensible, of course, and with ketamine-like drugs, you probably want to try to keep your urine quite dilute and fast-moving. As an aside, I believe the body actually takes PCP up from urine in the bladder and it enters the bloodstream again, does this happen with, or is it likely to, with K or MXE? I imagine the polarity lessens it, but I don't know, so I'm asking.

The more water I drink, the better the MXE trip is. Also I do get hot while on MXE and have noticed if I do activities like dancing or cleaning up my house, the more I sweat the quicker the trip ends. Everyone will react differently.

I agree K causes damage and MXE likely doesnt; however I'm not going to blindly assume or let some article make me think MXE is harmless to my bladder/urinary system. MXE does some harm to the body that much I know from my chronic use. It depletes your Vitamin D and Magnesium. I've had blood tests done several times while on MXE and those results were the ones that always came back. My bloody sugar, pressure and organs were just fine according to my Doctor.

So IMO MXE is much safer. Always felt that way. But it's not completely harmless. I go through about 3grams a week. So i'm pretty confident in what I say and believe. Been using it a lot ever since it debuted. But everyone is welcome to have their own opinion.

Can I ask about your estimated total lifetime use of MXE?

I believe I have used a total of under 20 grams since 2011.

Since 2011 I would roughly estimate my total consumption at 50-75 grams.

I agree extra hydration is very important while using. I also want to note my personal experience between different batches of MXE. I've had one batch, quite frequently during the last year when it was available that felt nearly completely non toxic, as in I actually felt healthier after using 3 or 4 grams in a month. With that said every other batch I've had felt varying amounts of light toxicity that would build up if I did too much and/or didn't drink enough water, and I could feel a slight detox after a binge where I could smell it coming out of my sweat and it wasn't the most benign smell, whereas the 'good' batch actually smelled good and felt benign as it metabolised.

Since 2011 I would roughly estimate my total consumption at 50-75 grams.

I agree extra hydration is very important while using. I also want to note my personal experience between different batches of MXE. I've had one batch, quite frequently during the last year when it was available that felt nearly completely non toxic, as in I actually felt healthier after using 3 or 4 grams in a month. With that said every other batch I've had felt varying amounts of light toxicity that would build up if I did too much and/or didn't drink enough water, and I could feel a slight detox after a binge where I could smell it coming out of my sweat and it wasn't the most benign smell, whereas the 'good' batch actually smelled good and felt benign as it metabolised.

I think that smell is actually not sweat, but your brains reaction to the chemical. It's a distinct smell. Reminds me of LSD in the fact that your brain is working differently. Receptor A is touching Receptor A, but now it's talking to C. In other words it changes what connects to what. Like you pointer finger when you hold your hands is now talking to your middle finger. I think this has an effect on how the nose works. I've noticed it effects taste too.

But I could be wrong and it's toxins you are sweating. Such a mysterious chem.

I've had bladder discomfort too but it almost always clears when you down a few extra glasses of water. MXE urine can be irritating if you dont drink enough water but nowhere near the "pissig razorblades" or horrid bladder pains I hear described of K

I just went and got a glass of water after reading this. Thanks everybody! I always forget water and that seems to always make a big difference no matter what it is you're doing. Besides, as delicious as caffeinated beverages can be, not so enjoyable mixed with things
Thank you happy holidays coca cola is refreshing sometimes

I've gone through about 50g since July of 2012 and have had no bladder issues whatsoever. I make an effort to keep myself very hydrated at all times, moreso when I take MXE. Have never done ketamine.

I have used around 200g of MXE since early 2011 and have no problems to report.. I have cut down a lot in recent times though.
I have done around 15g of Ketamine around 2007 to 2009

there was a guy on bluelight who got kidney disease from heavy methoxetamine use. cant find the thread now but he had it diagnosed in hospital

so look after your kidneys