• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Methamphetamine: really not such a bad drug

AA357

Bluelighter
I would like to share my views and experiences on the benefits of responsible, non-recreational use of methamphetamine.
This drug has a very bad reputation. Society seems to view it as on par with crack: the preserve of the lowest, most depraved individuals on the planet. It is shunned by the vast majority of experimental and recreational drug users (many of whom use cocaine and MDMA, which IMO are way more destructive).
I accept that this drug is neurotoxic and that it has the capacity to seriously F you up. Most people would do well to stay away from it. That said; if you are reasonably intelligent, health-conscious and have the self-control to stick to therapeutic dosages, then it can be very worthwhile.

A bit about me:
- Male, mid-20s, athletic (I wrestle and lift weights regularly).
- Eat healthily and take supplements: vitamins, fish oil, magnesium, creatine, ALA and ALCAR.

My interest in stimulants is strictly practical - I see them as tools to boost productivity and enhance cognitive and physical/athletic performance. The euphoria I get from taking them in low/moderate doses is just a pleasant side effect, not something I chase (nor enjoy in large amounts). As far as rec drug use goes, I have a preference for downers (valium, GHB, weed and small amounts of alcohol).

Caffeine and ephedrine work but have too many peripheral side effects and a nasty crash.
Amphetamine sulfate is much better but still not quite good enough.
A few months ago I bought some North Korean dextromethamphetamine, which turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Increased drive, quicker thinking and drastic improvements in physical performance (wicked gym sessions), all with almost no perceived side effects or crash. Thanks to the serotonergic component; it has a calming and happy feel to it - very reminiscent of cocaine - which takes the edge off the powerful stimulation.

I use this stuff once a week, usually on Saturday morning. I take 20-30mg orally (divided into 2 doses spaced a few hours apart) and end up having a really good day getting shit done at home, going to the gym and meeting up with friends. This keeps me going for 9-12 hours (depending on when I take the second dose), with no comedown or hangover the next day.

Most of the problems people run into on meth are caused by human error and can easily be avoided if you do your homework and use caution. The main issues are:
- Ignorance of how the drug works and how the body works.
- Abusing the drug - taking it in high doses, binging on it, very frequent usage.
- Using cheap crap which is full of impurities.
- Self-destructive behavior while on the drug - tooth grinding, ignoring your body's basic requirements for nutrition, hydration and sleep (which are increased by stimulant use).

The only real side effect I have experienced is bruxism, but I find this is easily avoided by drinking plenty of water and taking magnesium.
A lot of the neurotoxicity can be avoided by taking certain antioxidants and amino acids, staying hydrated and keeping cool.

Stay safe and enjoy.

Hey, if you can keep it in check, more power to ya, but you're a young guy and your brain might develop a tolerance and you'll be a crossroads if that happens.
I don't know of anybody who could really keep their meth in check. I know a man who used to make it (like in the 80's) and slam it , and snort it...and take a few days off. Do it again. He's alright but guess what? tooth loss. I know chicks who used the shit and it completely mind fucked em but they were already crazy to start with. I never got pharmaceutical grade , hence I never tried it and don't plan on it.
Keep bein' responsible.

Main points of the original post can be applied nearly to any drug.

Key point is that you use it once a week, not daily and you keep the dose small.

Then there are the psychological and sosioeconomical aspects which affect how easily you can keep it that way.

As AA357 said he seems has plenty of precious things that give him pleasure in his life such as going to gym and wrestling. As he writes well and has knowledge of negative effects of the drug and how it affects I suspect that he has had some kind of education or is currently studying something.

Also eating well needs some money so his economical status must be atleast tolerable.

Person who has all of those and therefore does well in his life can use psychoactive substances once in a while and he won't become addicted.

Actual problems occur when some major problems arise in life. If you then use drugs trying to cope along your daily life you will end up having problems with drugs too.

It happened to me as I was stupid enough trying to get comfort from drugs after I lost ability to take part on things that gave me pleasure before.

I was on the end of my medical studies when I got an offer to participate as a peacekeeper in ISAF forces in Afghanistan.

Having my Dr. studies at the point where I actually only had to finish my thesis I thought this would be a good idea since I could do that in the spare time on the military camp.

Well things always wont work the way you plan.

In a short I was in a vehicle that hit the road bomb and we were then ambushed by some rebels. End result was that I luckily only broke my knee and had some shrapnel in my muscles here and there.

Nevertheless this caused me to not be able to participate any physical activities such as MMA for a long time and knee injury caused problems with my spine too since my running stance was different after that.

So when a person like me loses ability to do what he loves there will be consequences.

I resorted to opioids which I was prescribed for pain and I had a year long honeymoon with that lovely caressing feeling that they give to you until I noticed what kind of wreck I have become mentally.

After this I started to build myself again and get rid of the excess use of opioids but I still need them daily for the pain. It took a whole two years until I had filled the hole in my live that was before filled with combat sports.

Now I have found other hobbies and finished my thesis but I don't work in a medical occupation since I made a work out of one hobby of mine. I also have a healthy marriage and an amazing child with whom I can spend plenty of my time since I work at my home mostly.

Point is that when you have major problems with your life especially when you can't do anymore something that you loved to do you can easily resort to drugs (illegal or not) even that they have not ever been a problem for you.

This is simply because changing your thinking of yourself is so f*cking hard that it is sometimes easier to just forget every bad or sad thing by using drugs.

Most of the problems people run into on meth are caused by human error and can easily be avoided if you do your homework and use caution.

I feel like the above statement could be said about most mainstream recreational drugs, the thing you will probably learn about methamphetamine if you spend any significant amount of time around it and people who use it is that the nature of the drug can very often lead to human errors which lead to harm. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, but methamphetamine is one of those drugs that the cravings can become rather hard to manage when used regularly, even weekly or less.

There are certainly those who get by using meth responsibly, and taking low to moderate doses orally as a functional stimulant is obviously less likely to result in a bad outcome for the user than using higher doses or more addictive routes of administration.

I am certainly not saying that you are not or can not use methamphetamine responsibly, but I would say if you can continue dosing every week for an extended period of time and maintain a completely responsible use pattern with this drug you would likely fall into the minority of regular users.

I would suggest you re evaluate the benefit that weekly meth use is giving you, if you have been using it weekly for an extended period it might be wise to take a few weeks off and find out just how badly you crave the drug when you don't have these highly productive Saturdays, I think there is a reasonable chance you will be surprised how difficult this is for you.

Be safe man, meth is a helluva drug, but you sure have to be careful with it...

Last edited:
Wait until that comedown starts coming.... I don't believe anyone is particularly immune to it.... You are going to have a honeymoon period, just like most other drugs, and after time, the negative side effects start showing their faces when the drug wears off and you start consuming more and more to keep them away...... be safe

It isn't caffeine.

Where will you be in 6 months? Either fully addicted, or live a really shit life eg feel miserable unless you are high on meth(one a week).

It isn't caffeine.

Where will you be in 6 months? Either fully addicted, or live a really shit life eg feel miserable unless you are high on meth(one a week).

Not everyone that enjoys meth recreationaly end up addicts. If you can understand and appreciate the drug you will use it not abuse it !
Its not hard to keep your self in check its called not being mentally weak .

If you don't over do it you can always have the honeymoon period. I have been doing it for 3 or so years. But i only do it very recreationally which keeps it Fresh. Every time i do it it is amazing and blows my mind - I don't drink or do anything else this is my outlet. This drug is not for people mentally weak as it is one of the most clever drugs i have ever come across - not to be abused as you will lose!

Main points of the original post can be applied nearly to any drug.

Key point is that you use it once a week, not daily and you keep the dose small.

Then there are the psychological and sosioeconomical aspects which affect how easily you can keep it that way.

As AA357 said he seems has plenty of precious things that give him pleasure in his life such as going to gym and wrestling. As he writes well and has knowledge of negative effects of the drug and how it affects I suspect that he has had some kind of education or is currently studying something.

Also eating well needs some money so his economical status must be atleast tolerable.

Person who has all of those and therefore does well in his life can use psychoactive substances once in a while and he won't become addicted.

Actual problems occur when some major problems arise in life. If you then use drugs trying to cope along your daily life you will end up having problems with drugs too.

It happened to me as I was stupid enough trying to get comfort from drugs after I lost ability to take part on things that gave me pleasure before.

I was on the end of my medical studies when I got an offer to participate as a peacekeeper in ISAF forces in Afghanistan.

Having my Dr. studies at the point where I actually only had to finish my thesis I thought this would be a good idea since I could do that in the spare time on the military camp.

Well things always wont work the way you plan.

In a short I was in a vehicle that hit the road bomb and we were then ambushed by some rebels. End result was that I luckily only broke my knee and had some shrapnel in my muscles here and there.

Nevertheless this caused me to not be able to participate any physical activities such as MMA for a long time and knee injury caused problems with my spine too since my running stance was different after that.

So when a person like me loses ability to do what he loves there will be consequences.

I resorted to opioids which I was prescribed for pain and I had a year long honeymoon with that lovely caressing feeling that they give to you until I noticed what kind of wreck I have become mentally.

After this I started to build myself again and get rid of the excess use of opioids but I still need them daily for the pain. It took a whole two years until I had filled the hole in my live that was before filled with combat sports.

Now I have found other hobbies and finished my thesis but I don't work in a medical occupation since I made a work out of one hobby of mine. I also have a healthy marriage and an amazing child with whom I can spend plenty of my time since I work at my home mostly.

Point is that when you have major problems with your life especially when you can't do anymore something that you loved to do you can easily resort to drugs (illegal or not) even that they have not ever been a problem for you.

This is simply because changing your thinking of yourself is so f*cking hard that it is sometimes easier to just forget every bad or sad thing by using drugs.

It is great to hear that you were able to pull yourself back together and continue on.
I think its very different when you have to take an opiat due to pain and or injury as you do actually need it -It is unfortunate that it is so addictive. But people that take meth to deal with there troubles in life are stupid and ignorant. Meth should be taken for FUN not as a coping mechanism!! And the ones that can do it just for fun here and there are the ones that can walk away at any time. The others become addicts and fall quickly. Meth has a certain way of making itself fit these people like a glove. And it is so comfy, looks good on you(so you think) you wont want to take it off.

I think you have to be careful doing it weekly. i would change to fortnightly as your body will build a tolerance very quickly.
It is an amazing drug when you understand it and don't abuse it. It can open up doors inside your brain and leads you to a whole different way of thinking and understanding things. You start to be able to look at things from a whole different perspective. Which you were never able to do before. It can blow your mind !!
It is one of the most intriguing drugs that i have ever tried it has so many levels.

I think you have to be careful doing it weekly. i would change to fortnightly as your body will build a tolerance very quickly.
It is an amazing drug when you understand it and don't abuse it. It can open up doors inside your brain and leads you to a whole different way of thinking and understanding things. You start to be able to look at things from a whole different perspective. Which you were never able to do before. It can blow your mind !!
It is one of the most intriguing drugs that i have ever tried it has so many levels.

I love it you explained it very well.

Not everyone that enjoys meth recreationaly end up addicts. If you can understand and appreciate the drug you will use it not abuse it !
Its not hard to keep your self in check its called not being mentally weak .

Yes i know. BUT
OP is an addict, he is planning on using once a week. That's gg as soon as you plan on how often you are using.

I've still got over 70mg of my point that i haven't even touched yet. for i don't know how long.

edit - just saw your last post. yeah i agree, depending how it's worded but yeah.

Last edited:
What a lot of you guys are failing to realize is that I am no stranger to hard drugs and I really don't find meth (or stims in general) recreational. I take it in doses that would be considered a waste of time by the majority of most users because I'm not trying to get high on it.
I have some anger issues and a predisposition to anxiety and stimulants exacerbate this. When I use drugs recreationally it's because I want to relax and unwind. I won't lie - 20-30mg of oral meth gives a very nice feeling - but I never find myself wanting to use it more often or in higher doses.
For me, Valium is far more euphoric/recreational than meth. There's something about that totally loose, uninhibited feeling - it just makes everything so much more enjoyable.
Meth to me is simply a much more powerful and smoother alternative to using ephedrine (chemically it's just ephedrine with an oxygen atom removed) - it's just not a big deal to me.
I'm currently out of meth and won't be getting any more for a couple of weeks. Really not bothered about this... I could do with a break anyway as lately I've been noticing a slight tolerance. Might cut down to using once every two weeks when I get my next bit.
My main point is that meth really doesn't deserve its reputation - it was never intended to be snorted or smoked or taken in high doses. It was designed for its therapeutic benefits and even today there are people with ADHD and narcolepsy who take it daily on prescription... responsible use IS possible and can be highly beneficial for certain people.
Cocaine serves no real functional purpose, causes tissue necrosis and is highly cardiotoxic. There's not a lot you can do to prevent this sort of damage (unlike the damage from meth, which is neurotoxicity-related). Yet for some reason it's a lot more socially acceptable than meth.
And you can bet your ass that a 100-200mg of MDMA (a standard dose of what is considered a 'soft drug' by many) will have a much harder impact on your brain chemistry than a therapeutic dose of meth.

Yes i know. BUT
OP is an addict, he is planning on using once a week. That's gg as soon as you plan on how often you are using.
Wrong. Planning ahead is very important if you want to avoid getting addicted.

I have been psychologically addicted to cannabis. The mistakes I made with that drug as a kid have taught me some valuable lessons and kept me from getting into trouble with other drugs.

Most of the problems people run into on meth are caused by human error and can easily be avoided if you do your homework and use caution.

Said almost every addict ever about their drug of addiction at one time. "I'm too smart to become addicted because..." thinking has been the downfall of many a recreational user.

Once a week is frequent usage, by the way. Now maybe you can use frequently and regularly and keep it under control, but I wouldn't count on it. If you're currently using it as a tool for getting shit done, then skip it occasionally and see whether you can still get that same shit done without the meth. The line between using it as a tool and becoming dependent on it for motivation and energy is a fine one which many people don't even realise they're crossing.

Last edited:
I think Meth will fade away as the funny/low life/worst drug to do, and another one will take its place. Just like crack replaced heroin, and meth replaced crack. The new worst drug is yet to come.

I think Meth will fade away as the funny/low life/worst drug to do, and another one will take its place. Just like crack replaced heroin, and meth replaced crack. The new worst drug is yet to come.

It doesn't have the same stigma here as it did a few years ago. Doing ice has become almost acceptable, which is creating a whole set of social problems and a demand for services which don't really exist (rehabs here are still very much opiate and alcohol focused). It's the "worst" drug from the viewpoint of those encountering users in a professional capacity, but it's no longer regarded as a "gutter" drug and it seems to have replaced pills as the "next step" for a lot of young people who already smoke pot and drink.

It doesn't have the same stigma here as it did a few years ago. Doing ice has become almost acceptable, which is creating a whole set of social problems and a demand for services which don't really exist (rehabs here are still very much opiate and alcohol focused). It's the "worst" drug from the viewpoint of those encountering users in a professional capacity, but it's no longer regarded as a "gutter" drug and it seems to have replaced pills as the "next step" for a lot of young people who already smoke pot and drink.

Huh that's interesting. I do notice alot of aussies posting about meth. As you may know it still has a huge stigma in the US.

On the surface it might seem that using meth in low doses for practical purposes is less risky than getting high as fuck and partying, yet I feel that practical use can slowly turn into dependence without you realizing it. You may slowly find that you require more and more meth over time, and that your periods off meth are less and less productive, but since it's happening so slowly, you might not recognize your dependence until it really takes over.

I'm by no means a regular meth user - only used about half a dozen times. But each time was to party my ass off; each time felt fucking amazing. I use a few different stimulants in similar ways, cocaine being my stimulant of choice, but even that I keep to about once every month or less. I've never felt dependent on stimulants because I never use stimulants to get through a hard day of work or to be more productive. It's about fun, and I lead a balanced enough life to have kept my drug fun in moderate amounts for many years.

Anyway, all that to say is I think partying once in a while on meth is actually less habit-forming than low doses for practical purposes. Using any drug to aid you in regular life can really cause dependence to sneak up on you.

Is d-meth bad, no. BUT It isn't safe or some wonder drug with no consequenses to it's use either. Used in low measured doses, it's perfectly safe. Thats not usually the case though. It is hard on the body, it makes your thinking off, it is neurotoxic ( damages frontal cortex..... which i speculate why so many heavy meth users murder and tourture. ) I have family that have fallen hard to meth..... they thought it was benign at first too! It's a sneaky fucking drug..... moreso than heroin even.

Please keep your use to like once every couple months.