• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamine quality

dextroisomer

Bluelighter
The stuff I have been getting in 2010 is good stuff but it is not as euphoric compared to the stuff from 1998 to 2003.
That stuff was strong and didn't need to be chased with a downer to smooth out any nasty edginess.

Anyone else feel the same way.

Last edited:
It varies from different sources for me. But I have had some stuff that seemed a bit more harsh, even though quality was still decent.

Considering the significant price drop over the last 5+ years, its does raise the question. Why has meth become so ridiculously cheap?

The stuff I have been getting in 2010 up until now
Is good stuff but it is not as euphoric compared to the stuff from 2001 to 2003.
That stuff was strong and I don't remember needing a Xanax to smooth out any nasty edginess.
I'm from Miami Florida.
Anyone else feel the same way.

More than likely the dope is just as good if not better in most cases, than it was back then. Meth alters your brain chemistry for the better part of permenantly after just a few uses. Those highs are never going to be attainable with meth again. I came close after 13 years off the stuff but it wasn't quite the same. I attribute much of that to an accumulation of life changes over that time, in addition to** the years of abuse.

Last edited:
More than likely the dope is just as good if not better in most cases, than it was back then. Meth alters your brain chemistry for the better part of permenantly after just a few uses. Those highs are never going to be attainable with meth again. I came close after 13 years off the stuff but it wasn't quite the same. I attribute much of that to an accumulation of life changes over that time.
That makes sense. The euphoric stuff is harder to obtain. And it changes the brain chemistry. Like wear and tear.
Thanks for your informative reply.

I believe that there is so much out there being mass produced in Mexican super labs.
You also gotta remember that the dope we're getting from Mexico is being made by dozens of different "labs" (old garage and an oil drum over a fire pit usually), varying in available resources.
So none of them are going to produce an equal product, in terms of quality. The only silver lining to this new arrangement, if we can forget about all the horrible blight and violence it's created in Mexico, is the quality has been MUCH more consistent nowadays than it was in the early-mid 2000's. Nothing but crystal seems to exist anymore (for better or worse according to who you talk to).
I haven't seen any MSM or nasty biker crank show up anywhere since then.

Last edited:
Part of what causes the euphoria in methamphetamine are the impurities from the cook. This is referring to slamming it only.

I am not talking about cuts, I am talking about sulphites and such from the fuel and other ingredients. Are you washing with acetone or something similar? That may be taking away from the euphoric beginning

Part of what causes the euphoria in methamphetamine are the impurities from the cook. This is referring to slamming it only.

I am not talking about cuts, I am talking about sulphites and such from the fuel and other ingredients. Are you washing with acetone or something similar? That may be taking away from the euphoric beginning

Not calling you out but this sounds a bit dubious. I thought the euphoria was the instant 1000 X normal dopamine cascade from the actual meth doing its thing. I can imagine other ingredients adding to the 'hot rush' you sometime get IV but not to the actual (and damn when was the last time I even felt it) euphoria.

I get what she's saying about the impurities affecting the rush and overall high (and certainly the crash) in their own unique ways, but youre right. That euphoric 'glow' is the result of all your stored dopamine releasing in a matter of minutes or seconds depending on ROA of course.
Weeks and weeks worth if you dont indulge regularly lol.
The physical substance aside from being a temporary "conductor", isnt responsible for any of the pleasurable effects. That's all you. o_O

Last edited:
I get what she's saying about the impurities affecting the rush and overall high (and certainly the crash) in their own unique ways, but youre right. That euphoric 'glow' is the result of all your stored dopamine releasing in a matter of minutes or seconds depending on ROA of course.
Weeks and weeks worth if you dont indulge regularly lol.
The physical substance aside from being a temporary "conductor", isnt responsible for any of the pleasurable effects. That's all you. o_O
Impurities just help add to the headiness.
I have had some fresh batches that seem to skip euphoria and go straight to speedy. But that may have been because my dopamine was depleted 😊

Part of what causes the euphoria in methamphetamine are the impurities from the cook.

there's not a lot of evidence pointing to meth impurities being psychoactive at all. Also, my understanding is that methamphetamine is generally of acceptable purity (90%+) in most areas of the USA, there's certainly enough competition to discourage inferior product being sold.

I am talking about sulphites and such from the fuel and other ingredients. Are you washing with acetone or something similar? That may be taking away from the euphoric beginning

There shouldn't be measurable amounts of sulfites in meth. And I'm unaware of any euphoric, acetone-soluble impurity that would fit the bill...

there's not a lot of evidence pointing to meth impurities being psychoactive at all. Also, my understanding is that methamphetamine is generally of acceptable purity (90%+) in most areas of the USA, there's certainly enough competition to discourage inferior product being sold.
But how could that be possible when it's alll Iso-propane meth nowadays?? 🤪

Have you made 100+ batches of meth?

No, I feel my ivory tower intellect is better employed with making better drugs. I won't provide specifics but I will say I've had a hand in making dihydroheroin as well as "old-fashioned" PCP. I've put my work in as a potboiler, torched off my eyebrows in sacrifice a few times, and spent time in the library stacks. This was with the joy of open access to an unwatched and fully equipped lab, fume hoods, GCMS, vacuum pump wirh a cold trap, the whole kit. Not only was I a good chef, the instruments could back me up. (and testing dope for my associates became a semiregular thing)

Everything I post here is completely based off of my own personal experience. I don't pull it out of the air. I don't make it up.

I'll one up you here. I try to post independent sources supporting my reasoning/observations where I can. I don't find anything to gain in spinning elaborate tales of bullshit, in fact, I try to be a positive, empathetic, teacher to those who are willing to spend their time listening to what I have to say.

The batches that I cleaned the fuck out of are less heady than the ones that weren't filtered as much and then washed with acetone.

Do you do any actual, repeatable, objective analysis? Melting point, reagent testing, chromatography? Or is your drug analysis limited to the ingestion test?

I've had another BLer send me a pair of samples of MXE, insisteing that they provided differing effects. I ran both on GCMS, did reagent tests, checked solubility, they looked identical - pure MXE. Bioassay showed similar potency and effects too.

The cinammon buns I bake are always better than anyone else's, too.

Have you ever used meth?

Yes, more than a few times. I prefer 3-FPM, or amphetamine though, given a choice, but d-methamphetamine of high purity can be so trivially come by in my city that I do it once in a while regardless. Have also done my fair share of methylphenidate, 4-fluoromethylphenidate, cocaine, troparil, MDMA, too. Never tried aminorex or 4-methylaminorex.

I have taken it orally, nasally, smoked (yucky), IM, and plugged. Overall I prefer oral use or plugging. I keep my doses below 100mg/day for sanity's sake - and that's a top limit I rarely meet.

Have you ever injected meth into your muscle?

I don't like to shout such things from the rooftops, but yes, I have, on more than one occasion. It's always reagent tested and checked orally before being taken in such a manner. Doses are 10 to 50mg boiled in 0.5mL or so of sterile water. I have also IMed fentanyl (multiple times, was dependent), heroin, cocaine (a few times, just to know), ketamine (as you should), PCP, MDMA (couple times), and no doubt a few more drugs. (I had an IM phase, but overall prefer plugging, less hassle for same effects) yet I retain function in both my legs. (I prefer the outer thigh as IM site, it leaves the option of going shirtless without fear) And the only abcess I have ever had was, no lie, caused by hip-checking a chunk of plywood and getting a splinter, rather than any sort of drug usage.

One of my close friends, I turned on to IM injection, because he was a needle-fixated opioid addict. He too has heard all this nasty stuff about IM usage but found that it was less risky and provided a longer period before onset of withdrawals. Street heroin/fentanyl. Shot it IV for years, IM for months. He also did other drugs that way, ketamine, PCP, and I believe even 4-fluoromethylphenidate.

A million meth users can tell you why that is a terrible idea.

I've also been told that meth will recrystallize in your lungs and damage them. That because lye is used in meth manufacture, the end product therefore contains it. Meth users are just as fallible as any of the rest of us.

We have had this discussion a few times. I'm glad your friend didnt get a major abscess, but that does not make it sound advice.

I have huge spots on my body where the meth is still there 6 years later. I have had to deal with the swelling, numbness and nerve damage first hand.

"Crystal won't absorb through muscle"? That's news to me. Last I checked, meth behaved just like any other drug: it made its way into your bloodstream no matter where you deposit it, basically. It's absolite hogwash to suggest that meth administerd IM will somehow not work, actually.

Indeed both Pervitin and Methedrine were given by IM injection once upon a time, in doses from 5 to 15mg per shot. Here is an old review absolutely rife with references to doses of methamphetamine being given IM (and even SC too).

I have huge spots on my body where the meth is still there 6 years later.

I somehow have a hard time believing the meth is still somehow in there. Blood flow and Brownian motion / diffusion would both work to mobilize any such deposits. And also, the material injected is water soluble, and your body is mostly water, so...

Oh, one more relevant factor: I strive to use the smallest gauge needle possible. 23ga and 1.5" needles are like, comically large. A 29ga is more appropriate even if it's "not reccomended" somehow.

"Crystal won't absorb through muscle"? That's news to me. Last I checked, meth behaved just like any other drug: it made its way into your bloodstream no matter where you deposit it, basically.

Indeed both Pervitin and Methedrine were given by IM injection once upon a time, in doses from 5 to 15mg per shot. Here is an old review absolutely rife with references to doses of methamphetamine being given IM (and even SC too).

I somehow have a hard time believing the meth is still somehow in there. Blood flow and Brownian motion / diffusion would both work to mobilize any such deposits. And also, the material injected is water soluble, and your body is mostly water, so...
You're absolutely brilliant with your real life experience and what not 🙄

Hey, I'm not saying it's risk-free and everyone ought to only take meth this way. I'm just saying, there's evidence for it being used in such a fashion historically, and despite the rumors, doesn't seem any less risky than IV usage with all its associated risks. After all, there's plenty of ways to hurt yourself that way too, but people still do it.

As I understand it, many other drugs used as hydrochloride salts are comparably acidic.

One MSDS for meth HCl claimed a pH of 6 for an aqueous solution. A study on Cape Town meth samples suggested an average of pH 5 (1mg/mL in water) but some samples were close to neutral while others were pH 3.

Cocaine hydrochloride has a pH in solution of 4.5. Morphine sulphate is pH 4.8. Atropine sulphate, pH 4.1 to 4.5. Fentanyl citrate is pH 4.0 to 7.0. Ketamine is worst of all, pH 3.5 to 5.5, but yet somehow does not cause abcess formation on IM injection. Heroin is pH 4.8 when pure but can get as low as pH 2.6 to 3.5 when prepared from adding ascorbic/citric acid to base without careful measurement.

If it is towards the end of the batch, and a lot of acid has been used to squeeze the last bit of dope out, it would be even more caustic

Well, from my experience, hydrogen chloride (the most common acid used to form a salt) is actually volatile. If you were to take a gram of meth, add some HCl and water to it, then boil all the liquid off, you'd be left with... a gram of material. Meth.HCl is of a fixed acidity.

Anyway, riddle me this: why would smoking or intravenous use be OK if any of these claims were true? I would think that inhaling clouds of acidic vapor would cause massive lung damage,

if you are getting meth that has been adulterated with acids, you need to talk with your dealer.

The PH of methamphetamine can vary greatly due to titration. Ask any cook who has ever sat over their batch with PH strips and red phenol stressing and shaking will tell you.

Street drugs are not made in a lab. Nothing is fixed, everything is variable