• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Methamphetamine and blood clots?

What about a low dose of MDMA? What about if I take Magnesium?

FIXED! I SAID FIXED BRUVVA...FIXED!

It's not undoing anything, aspirin reducues the chance of clots. Increasing blood pressure with stimulants while on any drug that thins the blood is going increase the risk of hemorrhage, but I meant more along the lines of warfarin and other heavy duty anticoagulants.

@Specified you are asking questions that no-one on BL is qualified to answer. There is barely any research into interactions between meth and anti-coagulants.

Your best bet is to go to drugs.com and use their interaction checker using Desoxyn as a proxy for meth. But remember that a recreational meth dose is 10x a scripted dose os Desoxyn and therefore no-one really knows because no human studies EVER use actual street/recreational dose levels of meth in their studies.

I guess that the main problem with stims is vasoconstriction, I can't imagine how they directly would cause thrombosis but vasoconstriction can precipitate them. So you'd need a vasodilator, but that's as Perforated said, beyond of what we can do anonymously over the net. I also guess that a low, therapeutic dose of meth like 5-10mg should be of less harm potential than a full MDMA dose but that doesn't mean that it's safe. Really dependent on what the origin was of your blood clots and if this origin is still present etc. here you need an open-minded doc.

I guess that the main problem with stims is vasoconstriction, I can't imagine how they directly would cause thrombosis but vasoconstriction can precipitate them. So you'd need a vasodilator, but that's as Perforated said, beyond of what we can do anonymously over the net. I also guess that a low, therapeutic dose of meth like 5-10mg should be of less harm potential than a full MDMA dose but that doesn't mean that it's safe. Really dependent on what the origin was of your blood clots and if this origin is still present etc. here you need an open-minded doc.
True I would need to find an open minded doc. I don't want to go to my normal doc I'd rather go to a doc at a walk in clinic but those docs are hopeless. I'll try one anyway. Should I ask the doc for a Vasodilator? I found a list of them on drugs.com. I know you can't advise me of what to do but just a guess...

Last edited:
Forgot to mention when I was on blood thinners I took roughly 50mg a few times and I was fine...not saying I'll be ok every time just sayin

@Specified we really want to be able to give you solid practical advice about harm minimisation. However, you have complex co-morbidities that make taking any stimulants dangerous. Given you are on prescribed anti-coagulants and god knows what else I think our final word on the matter has to be consult a physician regarding dangerous interactions. Please stop trying to get BL members to validate your risky decisions to take stimulants with contra-indicated co-morbidities. No-one here is competent to answer these types of questions that are very specific to your medical condition.

Opioids should be fine with your thrombosis issue.
My mum is legally prescribed tramadol and she suffered a stroke (which was caused by a blood clot after all).
As far as I know they tend to lower blood pressure and that means vasodilation, which is the opposite of what stimulants cause.
I also know morphine is used a lot when someone has a heart attack.
I've never seen opioids being linked to clots either personally and I'm an opioid fan as my username might suggest.

You could always go on those websites where doctors reply for free and ask anonymously. No risk that way.

A doctor can give you a much more accurate and correct reply than a random drug user on here who's not a doctor.

Last edited:
Anyone qualified to say so wouldn’t risk it on here , blood thinners are not going to save you considering how powerful meth is ….there Is no way around it if you want to live a normal lifestyle stimulants are not for you … they Are not for me either