• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Methadone Withdrawal (VS) Suboxone Withdrawal

Cheddar_Bob_313

Bluelighter
I know how hard methadone withdrawal is but what about suboxone? I've heard from multiple people that suboxone withdrawal is relatively minor. How true is that? I also imagine it depends on dosage.

I jumped off Methadone at 20mgs and got really sick. The worst of it was constant nausea (certain smells, sounds, or movement made me want to vomit). Also lack of appetite, insomnia, diarrhea, and anxiety.

I can't speak on methadone withdrawal, really, but I'm a little over halfway through a subutex taper and the physical aspect is minor still, but the psychological part is hell. Anxiety, tension and depression through the roof, and insomnia beginning to rear it's ugly head. To the point I'm about to go see my urologist here in a few about my testosterone therapy, he knows about the bupe so I'm about to ask for some benzos.

I've cold turkeyed 16mg bupe before, which was my current prescribed dose, and I can say that while it wasn't on the same level as kicking oxymorphone or heroin, that shit still sucks lol.

I can't speak on methadone withdrawal, really, but I'm a little over halfway through a subutex taper and the physical aspect is minor still, but the psychological part is hell. Anxiety, tension and depression through the roof, and insomnia beginning to rear it's ugly head. To the point I'm about to go see my urologist here in a few about my testosterone therapy, he knows about the bupe so I'm about to ask for some benzos.

I've cold turkeyed 16mg bupe before, which was my current prescribed dose, and I can say that while it wasn't on the same level as kicking oxymorphone or heroin, that shit still sucks lol.
Thanks for the reply! I hope your doctor takes mercy on you and prescribes you a benzo. It definitely takes the edge off withdrawal but it's no silver bullet either lol. Where I'm from doctors are very stingy when it comes to benzodiazepines, especially the young ones who are fresh outta college and think they know you better than you know yourself. They'll ask what medications have helped you in the past but as soon as you say Xanax for example they'll shut you down with the quickness. "Oh I don't prescribe narcotics" or "I don't believe in prescribing benzos, the harm out weighs the benefits".. yadda, yadda, BULLSHIT!!

I couldn't deal with the methadone withdrawal and caved in and starting taking the sub strips. I only take half a day which amounts to 4mgs. I'm just worried when I run out or can't get any more that I'm gonna be sick as a dog. But yet people tell me subs are nothing to kick, that's why I'd like to hear from others who have been through it.

I wouldn't kick yourself for taking the sub. Just be mindful that it's potent in its own right, 4mg sounds pretty reasonable. Fun fact: transdermal bupe has an oral MME of 1=75. I'd imagine that number to rise or at least stay roughly the same with sublingual, and you wouldn't want to raise you tolerance any higher than it need be for such a not worth it opioid. My 2 cents. 🙂

I wouldn't kick yourself for taking the sub. Just be mindful that it's potent in its own right, 4mg sounds pretty reasonable. Fun fact: transdermal bupe has an oral MME of 1=75. I'd imagine that number to rise or at least stay roughly the same with sublingual, and you wouldn't want to raise you tolerance any higher than it need be for such a not worth it opioid. My 2 cents. 🙂
Appreciate the advice and again thanks for replying to my question.
I had to look up what MME meant which is Morphine Milligram Equivalent.
I notice it's not hitting the same must be my body growing a tolerance for it, but I still don't plan on taking more than half a strip per day.
As long as I'm not dope sick then why play with fire even more, ya know? Lol

Does anyone else want to share on the subject? I'd really appreciate it.

Longest suboxone wd Ive heard was 8 months. 2 months of horrible then half a fucking year of half bullshit. So bupre takes a shitload of time if you are a long ass time on it. I rather have just the rough methadone wds for at most a month.

Longest suboxone wd Ive heard was 8 months. 2 months of horrible then half a fucking year of half bullshit. So bupre takes a shitload of time if you are a long ass time on it. I rather have just the rough methadone wds for at most a month.
8 months of withdrawal? That sounds like pure hell! How many milligrams of bupe were you on / or was the person on?

Another question am I better off split dosing for example taking half (2 mg) in the morning then the other 2 mgs in the evening? Instead of taking the 4 mgs at once?

Another question am I better off split dosing for example taking half (2 mg) in the morning then the other 2 mgs in the evening? Instead of taking the 4 mgs at once?
I recommend getting to the point where you can take it as infrequently as possible. It has a pretty long half life so you should be able to dose at least every other day. I sometimes just do like 2mg every other day, or 1.5 days, ive also been snorting it to keep the BA lower which sounds stupid but I want to get my tolerance as low as possible before i taper off. I had my doc prescribe me 8mg a day though so i could stock the fuck up.

I can only speak to Suboxone withdrawal. Even when I tapered down to 2mg/day then to 1mg/day, if I personally don’t take the Sub by 11am, diarrhea is guaranteed unless I take an OTC med.

At 0.5 mg/day, without it I feel too tiered to go to work in morning and would best I take time off work when I finally jump off subs.

I can only speak to Suboxone withdrawal. Even when I tapered down to 2mg/day then to 1mg/day, if I personally don’t take the Sub by 11am, diarrhea is guaranteed unless I take an OTC med.

At 0.5 mg/day, without it I feel too tiered to go to work in morning and would best I take time off work when I finally jump off subs.
Thanks for replying and sharing your experience.

0.5 mgs sounds like such a small dose, I'm sure it's a mental thing (like a placebo for example). I personally don't think i'd even feel 0.5 mgs. Have you ever tried Kratom?