• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone to Suboxone Difficulty

My doc told me he would refer me to a pain clinic if I wanted but also said they'd tell me the same thing he did, that having "opioid use disorder" they couldn't treat me with anything but buprenorephine. I'm starting to thing he's aBS artist though, since he told me a lot of things that were not true. I read they make a lot of money treating addicts with subs.

My pain is getting worse and buprenorephine isn't really cutting it. Plus I have more surgeries coming in the near future so I'm going to reconsider the pain clinic. I honestly think a low dose of codeine would be better and make me feel far less loopy. Thanks.

The thing to remember about kratom is that it works best in low to moderate doses. If you take more than you should the side effects will make you wish you hadn't.
Ah, that’s good to know. I’m a bit of a chicken shit so I’ll start with a very low dose to start. I just placed an order this evening.We shall wait and see 😝

Worddd. I’m so going to try that tonight lol. I’ll let you know the results 😝 That would be called the “spit method” that ppl have been talking about, right. It all makes sense now. Thx ☺️
I did read one comment that said they got WD's from spitting. Maybe they spat too soon idk. But I've read tons of positive comments about the spit method. Have not tried it myself. I got pounding headaches, nasty feeling of toxicity from Sub strips so my doc switched me to generic bup tablets. Then the headaches and sickness instantly went away. So I'm certain that the naloxone is toxic, at least for me anyway. The drawback is my insurance will pay for Suboxone strips but not generic bup tablets, so I have to pay for it myself.

I did read one comment that said they got WD's from spitting. Maybe they spat too soon idk. But I've read tons of positive comments about the spit method. Have not tried it myself. I got pounding headaches, nasty feeling of toxicity from Sub strips so my doc switched me to generic bup tablets. Then the headaches and sickness instantly went away. So I'm certain that the naloxone is toxic, at least for me anyway. The drawback is my insurance will pay for Suboxone strips but not generic bup tablets, so I have to pay for it myself.
Ahhh okay.. I’m supposed to take my next dose at 7 so I’ll let you know how the spit method works.. I buy extra subs from friends that also use subs so I have extras in case I feel the WDs.. I guess the built up spit that forms in your mouth you just hold it in your mouth and spit is all out at the end ? Seems easy enough.. mine are the Suboxone brand tablets that come in packs of 7.

Ahhh okay.. I’m supposed to take my next dose at 7 so I’ll let you know how the spit method works.. I buy extra subs from friends that also use subs so I have extras in case I feel the WDs.. I guess the built up spit that forms in your mouth you just hold it in your mouth and spit is all out at the end ? Seems easy enough.. mine are the Suboxone brand tablets that come in packs of 7.
Well pretty sure the spit method is for sublingual forms like strips. Are your tablets sublingual? Or are you swallowing them.

Sounds to me like you have precipitated withdrawal.

I've gone from 35mg methadone to Suboxone 8mg by waiting at least until I was feeling withdrawal which took almost 3 days. I was told to wait at least 72 hours no methadone. Precipitated withdrawal is no joke!

I did the same thing as a friend at the time and he actually had precipitated withdrawal while I felt relief. He was sick and throwing up and diarrhea, very dizzy, very sick. Never seen anyone so sick. But I was fine.

Goes to show how we both are not the same person, none of us are. Some can do the Burmese method and some just wait it out and wait until the withdrawal is terrible and Suboxone will make it better, and taking just 2mg even would be a test. Or anyway, it varies.

Some may feel absolutely no withdrawal at day 3 and need to wait longer. Seriously, methadone has a long half-life, and for some, we metabolize it slower or faster than others. So it clears out systems faster, and we can dose Suboxone sooner.

Although I've read about the Burmese method mostly on reddit when I read about people trying to get off fentanyl which I am grateful never to have been a recreational user of, I don't know why your doctor tapered you down to the right dose (35mg) of methadone to jump and not just have you wait until you're in withdrawal which may take 72+ hours. But at least then you'd avoid the chance of precipitated withdrawal.

Although tbh, it took some time for the Suboxone to totally feel sufficient I'm controlling my withdrawal. I did feel relief, but I did get waves of feeling not so great on and off for about 2 weeks, about the length of time for regular methadone withdrawal, before the Suboxone took over and I felt normal and my dose held me at 8mg once a day.

But anyway, my point is that it's too late for you now probably, but precipitated withdrawal will go away with time as the methadone leaves your system. Although idk if 16mg is the right dose to go directly to without some time completely off methadone until it is cleared from your system.

Idk what advice to give except that precipitated withdrawal does go away with the transition, although you may not need the full 16mg dose until you do, and you may only need a small dose to sustain you until your symptoms clear up. But I'm not a doctor. Your doctor should recognize precipitated withdrawal and know what to do, or else that's a bad doctor.

I was at the Meth clinic for around 6 years and went up to 133 of methadose the last two years. Sick of the clinic and their shit I left around 2.5 weeks ago and just used dope or fentanyl laced dope or just fent who the fuck knows that shit was nasty. Last cap was almost 2 days ago at 9 PM tonight I did something fucking stupid yesterday at 5 pm and took probably 120 mg of shitty methadose. I’m trying to judge when I can actually take my subs and start is 24 hrs good enough or am I fucked today? I’m feeling the onset of wd the shit is taking for fuckin ever to hit. Can I just take half a sub (4mg) and if I get sick I heard I could fuckin megadose like 16 mg and that should put enough in my system to get me out or am I fucked and I need to let this shit continue slowly until I’m feeling like absolute shit?

Hello Bluelight forum,
I was on 35mg of methadone for the last 5 years, tapered down from 110 over the previous 8 years (13 years total.) Starting last Sunday my doctor began titrating me gradually onto Suboxone, called the Bernese Method I think. Today I stopped taking methadone and began taking the full 16mg of Suboxone. Long story short it's not working for shit and I am in hell.

He told me it would be a smooth, near effortless transition with only mild withdrawals. That turned out to be completely false. As my Suboxone dose got gradually larger, the withdrawals got more intense. I know the Suboxone is working because I feel loopy as hell, but it doesn't feel like an opioid to me at all. It reminds me of drinking cough syrup when I was a teen. I get dizzy spells I'm so effed up but at the same time I'm cold sweating, skin feels like its on fire, pounding headache, pain everywhere and absolutely no motivation to do anything but lay in bed. I feel no emotions but irritation with everything and everyone.

I'm starting to think this is a failure and I'm stuck on methadone, a prisoner of the clinic for life. Methadone works fine for me but the lack of mobility has crippled my career, made it difficult to help my elderly mother in another state. Any experience or opinions on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
It sounds like you started taking Suboxone the same day you stopped taking the methadone and if that is the case it put you into what's called precipitated withdrawal. Worst experience of my life transitioning from methadone to Suboxone because I didn't have all the facts. Your last dose of methadone should probably be 48 to 72 hours before you start taking the Suboxone to avoid the precipitated withdrawals.