• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

Im desperately seeking some advice on my situation.. any old school bl'ers.. or mods... that would like to speak up?

The clinic I go to.. has morning and evening hours.. everyday except saturday... I'm not even sure.. if this is legally possibly.. there may be restrictions against this.. but could I possibly request, that the doctor orders my dose split into two?

And I would come in morning and night monday-friday. (Dose my whole does saturday because they only have morning hours... and then split my take home sunday dose like I normally would Monday-Friday???)

Has anyone ever encountered a senario like this?

I am going to start a regime of phenergan and cimetidine... when dosing... to delay the CYP-50....

Im desperately seeking some advice on my situation.. any old school bl'ers.. or mods... that would like to speak up?

The clinic I go to.. has morning and evening hours.. everyday except saturday... I'm not even sure.. if this is legally possibly.. there may be restrictions against this.. but could I possibly request, that the doctor orders my dose split into two?

And I would come in morning and night monday-friday. (Dose my whole does saturday because they only have morning hours... and then split my take home sunday dose like I normally would Monday-Friday???)

I am going to start a regime of phenergan and cimetidine... when dosing... to delay the CYP-50....

IME, most clinics frown upon dose splitting unless in special cases. I have definitely seen it done before, there is no actual restriction against it, but like I said.. most prefer on a single dose system.

The only thing you can do is talk to them and explain your situation and why you think you would benefit from splitting.

Yea I found out that they CAN do it.. but they told me they will need the states approval.. and it will be based on a peak and trough test. You sorta have to push them.. to get anything done in a methadone clinic.. even the organized ones.. but I will do anything to get stable.. Honestly.. Im worse off than when I made that post.. I got so sick I used for the first time since starting the program about 18 days ago.. I'm at the point.. im getting achey by 3 pm... and basically full on sick by 8-9 pm... It fucking sucks.

I'm a pretty damn ideal patient.. and so far all my actions have demonstrated that to them.. the clinic is only 5 miles away, so it is reasonable to drive twice a day... the line only takes 15 minutes on average (quicker than the last one I went to for sure..) I have a feeling.. If I could get to 70 mgs, and split the dose.. with some cimetidine.. I think I could actually become stable.. (After an initial adjustment to a smaller dose in the morning that is..) This is a very depressing situation.. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Hi there,
I'm just reading the methadone thread. I have a friend who is currently on 18mgs of suboxone a day. It has done nothing for their cravings and they are really depressed and craving all the time. They dont want to be using anymore, but they kinda do and cause it feels like the suboxone just isnt covering their cravings. They are thinking about switching to Methadone as they have heard that it involves less cravings. What do you think my friend should do? Do you think they should just bite the bullet and go for the methadone?

Last edited:
If they aren't ready to quit.. they will probably still use on top of the methadone... thats just my opinion though.

(I personally couldn't get off of subutex/suboxone.. had a really rough time.. and old habits began to creep up as well.. so I jumped on methadone..)

youll have to ask your clinic about split dosing. theres not any laws against it as far as i know, but some clinics are dicks about that sort of thing. but as long as you show them proof you are on a medication that makes your body eliminate the methadone quicker than usual, they usually let you split dose in special circumstances like this.

also as you said, i bet cimtidine would be a great help, i would recommend taking maybe 200-400mg every ~6 hours, see how if that helps

Yeah.. im hoping it doesn't get to the point I HAVE to split dose.. I will be trying the cimitidine for the first time tomorrow. (I finally have adjusted to cutting back to 600 mg of tegretal... from 800.. hoping that will help a tiny bit as well.

Hey bro, I used for 10 years and went through the same thing. But there is an eventuality where you won't want to run your life based on it. What goes up eventually has to come down. Not to mention it can be a trap. I'm going through it now because I needed out. Nothing is worse than wanting to do something with your life but not being able to just get up and go. You'll have to chemical-cuffs and have to work that out first. It's very debilitating. There is a way out but it takes time. People who are impatient won't make it, you have to make it happen. Like I did and am doing. Get yourself down low enough, 1 mg every 4 days to roughly the teens, don't buy NOBODY's take homes, and you'll be alright. You do it right you can make it, you mess up and you'll be there forever. Look at the long term people there and see how many have a future..You don't want to be that. Trust me.

Well, the previous post from me was not actually about my friend, it was about me. lol. Anyway, my doctor changed me over to methadone this morning without any worries. i started on 20mg this morning. Thanks for your responses.

Good luck man ^ Update us on your recovery.

Well I sat down with my counselor.. (I Wouldnt leave monday until they assigned me one..) and an order for a dose increase was made.. and it should have gone through by now.. but it was explained to me why it took so long for increases to happen sometimes.. and bottom line.. it was an elaborate excuse for why some people aren't doing their job imo. (I know they are overstaffed.. but its just a damn fax.. cmon.)

Noticed a smallllll help from cutting back on tegretal... trying cimetidine for the first time today. Hopefully I have some more positive news to report in a few days.

Holy shit .. the cimetidine.. helped a TON. 2 pills with my dose... literally helped manage to hold me till this morning..

Another crazy thing.. Tegretal also is known to help burn through benzos too.. well I took half of my normal recreational xanax dose.. and got FUCKED up. I had moments where I blacked out and dont remember... Its crazy.. I can't believe it.

Anyone who says Suboxone is a better choice over Methadone does not know what their talking about, SUBOXONE(BUPRENORPHINE) is a partial agonist meaning it acts as half as powerful if that as a full agonist such as oxycodone would act. This is because buprenorphine is made up of 2 main parts like almost every drug is the left isomer and the right isomer one is 2x powerful and one is 1x powerful, it is like cannabis where the drug has THC (the chemical that you get high off) and CBD's (a part that counter-act's the effects of the THC this would be another drug with partial agonist effects. Not only is it not gonna help you crave but it will be stronger meanig more addictive and harder to kick.

Go with methadone, and trust me methadone for ever beats dead in a rainy bus stop from a OD...

and to the guy above me xanax has no recreational value, unless your 15 years old... please don't make it harder for the people who need it..

Last edited:
Anyone who says Suboxone is a better choice over Methadone does not know what their talking about, SUBOXONE(BUPRENORPHINE) is a partial agonist meaning it acts as half as powerful if that as a full agonist such as oxycodone would act. This is because buprenorphine is made up of 2 main parts like almost every drug is the left isomer and the right isomer one is 2x powerful and one is 1x powerful, it is like cannabis where the drug has THC (the chemical that you get high off) and CBD's (a part that counter-act's the effects of the THC this would be another drug with partial agonist effects. Not only is it not gonna help you crave but it will be stronger meanig more addictive and harder to kick.

What on earth are you talking about? That whole paragraph didn't make any sense. Bupe being only a partial agonist makes it easier to kick.. not harder.. Ask basically anybody in existence.. and they'll agree that kicking a methadone habit to kicking a bupe habit is a night and day difference. And the full agonist part of bupe, at the proper dose, can be fine for cravings (methadone is far from perfect as well) and still take away 100% of your withdrawal symptoms without leaving you with this massive monkey on your back to kick like methadone. I'm not saying any one is "better" than the other... but you have the chemistry facts and how they effect the body totally wrong.

If you don't know what you're talking about, please refrain from posting something like that.

every single thing you have stated here is false, and is wrong to the point of not even being readable. i dont want anybody making decisions based on this.

xanax has no rec value? Thats news to me. Its also the number one rx in the country. Its not like opis where its some hard thing to talk a dr into giving you, i mean, read above. Its no 1.

I need some advice. Long story short I have been on methadone for 2 years this coming January. At first from a clinic setting getting 100 mg a day. Then recently I changed over to a pain management Dr Rx'ing me my methadone since I am also a long term pain patient since I got in a car wreck 4 years ago. OK so my Dr gives me 80mg's a day in 10 mg tablet form. My problem is I gave a dear friend of mine half of my monthly Rx because he was in withdrawl and could not get into a clinic until the next week. I told myself I would just split my dose from 80 to 40 but I never did now I am completely out and have 11 days to go until my next Dr appt. I have never been in methadone withdrawl before at least not past day 3 or so. I have gone a few days but have never gotten to the acute phase like day 6 or 7. I hear it's living hell but I also have Lyrica 300 mg capsules and hope that will get me through. I know it was stupid to do that but I could not stand to see my friend sick like he was. Will the lyrica help that much on like day 10 or so. I am worried my dr will know I am in withdrawl,I plan to just tell him I have the flu if I look like hell on the 28th!!

Hmm, i personally dont have experience with lyrica, i think i read its better for paws...but idk man, 80mgs cold turkey for 11 days i think you are most def going to need some replacement. There anyway you could move up the dr appt by a week. I know with my xanax i can get it 5 days early. Maybe you can pull strings? If you were a previous h user id just say buy some skag. If i could magically give you my dose for tmrw i gladly would. Least it would buy you a few days. Hope you can work something out dude.

Go with methadone, and trust me methadone for ever beats dead in a rainy bus stop from a OD...

and to the guy above me xanax has no recreational value, unless your 15 years old... please don't make it harder for the people who need it..

Know your shit before starting to spew shit out like that.
I think you are a little lost and need to read up on your facts.

Anyway.
Whats "better" is very individual and you can't say methadone is "better" for someone you don't know background on.
Buprenorphine should always be the first choice before methadone because if Bupe ends up working for the patient it would
just be foolish to go deeper into methadone.

Thanks man! I have thought about moving up the Appt. But the problem is it took me months to get into this Dr. Here in my hometown it is so hard to get methadone from a pain dr. and those that do rx it give little doses of 5 mg day or 10 mg day and will not raise it any higher. This new Dr I go to is awesome and he already lets me go 2 months between appts. and my appointment on the 28th is actually a week or maybe even 2 early. I am too chicken to call and want it any earlier. But also where I live they usually make you go the full 30 days with CII drugs. Even C3 they may give it too you on the 27 or 28th day but not c2. It's really screwed up because you basically have to be out on the 30th day and then go to the pharmacy they may or may not have your C2 drug...then what would you do if the didn't have it. I realize this is my fault and I have called my connections(all 3 of them) to help me out, but in this town methadone is almost impossible to get off the street. Or Just maybe I am not looking in the right places. I have stocked up on water and Immodium and of course Lyrica. I guess that is better than nothing...hopefully my phone will ring and I will have good news...that is the hardest part of withdrawel...that waiting on your sourse!!!

Considering switching to done from my 600 mg oxycodone a day prescription (pain management, myriad surgeries + tolerance) insurance has run out for the year and my money's heading that way too. I've seen done is muuuuch cheaper, will it be effective for my pain and is it a loooot less "happy making" than Oxycodone taken orally ?