• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

Stick at it Chris mate. Its always refreshing to see someone with a plan who working towards a future goal. Do you ever wonder if life would be different today if youd never discovered opiates? I know I think about it all the time. Even though I got into taking them with the best of intentions for medicsl reasons, I still widh ihadnt. Anyway keep up the good work mate.

Sorry mate, only just read your last post. If I ever go through something like that I hope I can be as positive as you're being. Just gotta wait for the test results to come back quickly saying benign! And yeh I think about if my life would of been different all the time, but I think the needle has done more damage to my life than opiates.

Thanks Chris. Appreciate it mate. Basically it is what it is and theres fuck all I can do about it right now. I mean if in a.week or so they come back and say its malignant and uve got 6 months toblive then I may worry lol!!! But for now.......... Fuck it. I know what u mean about needles. I dont inject now and havent for years but used to. Ive been bodybuilding and powerlifting for years and got used to doind strroids.im so the transition to doing iv morphine wasnt a big one. Plus the veinsnin ky arms are like fucking garden hoses.so I actually used to enjoy it. Even tried injecting my methadone years ago but you try injecting 400ml of green shit with a 5ml barrell and a green needle.lol!! Also years ago I worked for a pharmaceutical company which made 100mf tramadol ampules which I obtained ablot of and used to do these plus sometimes shoot.speed when dieting for shows. One thing tho even tho I have the chemistry knowledge to extract purify and fairly accurately measured fent from my patches. I wont be iving that. Soundsnlike an easybpath to the cemetry and as we have discussed in the other thread not even worth it if by some miracle you do survive it. The names Graeme by the way.

I would have loved to get on Suboxone last year when I reached rock bottom and got on MMT. But Since I had no insurance it would have been Dr visits included about 1,000 dollars a month vss the 400 a month for methadone. I loved methadone since I started it. It really saved my ass and I got my stuff together. Now a year and half later I have no choice but to taper simply because of money issues and I am finding out how hard it is...My plan is to not taper completely off but to stay around 20 mg's a day. I have a pain Dr because I broke my neck and back 5 years ago and have plates and rods in my back and neck. MY pain dr will give me Oxy,Dilaudid, Hydro, and even morphine which got me in the mess to begin with,but when it comes to methadone he will only go up to 20 mg a day. I have managed to get off all other opiates since I started MMT...oh well everyone has different expierances with this drug. My ex was on 140mg of methadone a day and had to cold turkey rattle in jail for 6 months...he said he was sick for 3 months and even when he got out was still not feeling right. He is back on about 80 mg's a day and plans to stay on it his whole life.

Thanks Chris. Appreciate it mate. Basically it is what it is and theres fuck all I can do about it right now. I mean if in a.week or so they come back and say its malignant and uve got 6 months toblive then I may worry lol!!! But for now.......... Fuck it. I know what u mean about needles. I dont inject now and havent for years but used to. Ive been bodybuilding and powerlifting for years and got used to doind strroids.im so the transition to doing iv morphine wasnt a big one. Plus the veinsnin ky arms are like fucking garden hoses.so I actually used to enjoy it. Even tried injecting my methadone years ago but you try injecting 400ml of green shit with a 5ml barrell and a green needle.lol!! Also years ago I worked for a pharmaceutical company which made 100mf tramadol ampules which I obtained ablot of and used to do these plus sometimes shoot.speed when dieting for shows. One thing tho even tho I have the chemistry knowledge to extract purify and fairly accurately measured fent from my patches. I wont be iving that. Soundsnlike an easybpath to the cemetry and as we have discussed in the other thread not even worth it if by some miracle you do survive it. The names Graeme by the way.

Glad to hear you won't be trying to IV any fent, like you say even with accurate enough scales it's still too risky really. Have they told you what the chance of your test results coming back saying it's malignant are? I hope slim, as usually these things are just to be sure it's not malignant even though they're pretty sure it isn't. It sounds like you've got veins like my mate, I'm well jealous of his, mine are really hard to find and roll a lot, so are near impossible for anyone but me to hit. Never tried shooting my methadone though, doesn't matter about the quantity, it's the thickness of the methadone that's the problem, only the pills are injectable. Anyway, good luck with the test results Graeme, can't have you leaving the forum already, as I just noticed we joined the forum at the same time, only the best people join in March 2013!

Thanks Chris. Every time I ask them they say the cant be sure. The one badbthing is thenultrasound showed that the tumour had its own blood supply which kind of rules out simple things like cysts. Anyway ive just got up cos its the operation today and have to be at Durham hospitgal by 6:45am whichbis kiles away and two buses anjd a train. I mean 6:45am thats just adding insult to injury!!! The way ppeople measure fent isjt so much with scales but by woriing out what percentage of the total they have eXtracted then evaporating all tthe alcohol to get dry powdee then redisolving that inva known quantity of solvejt then dividmng up the liquid and doijg the maths so they know how much. Pepr ml.:. Its still far risky and not totally acncuate andbif u get it wrong your fucked. No def wojt be trying it. Well off to hospital now then should findbout in a week or so. Thanks for the kind words tho mate. Reslly do appreciate it. Graeme.

Last edited:
Well hadvthe lmp removed. Operation hurt like fuck!! Only local for some reason. He said a general was to dangerous. Just wait and see now :)

Well hadvthe lmp removed. Operation hurt like fuck!! Only local for some reason. He said a general was to dangerous. Just wait and see now :)

Glad the operation went well mate, now just fingers crossed for the results!

Thanks Chris. The surgeon did say that it didnt. Look. Malignant but needs to go to histology to find out. They sent me home with28 codeine. Phosphate which I took all at once.... Didjt even touch the sides.... My tolerance has been properly fucked up by all the fent. Thanks for asking tho mat really appreciate it. Supposed to take month off work to eecover but couldnt afford that. So settled for a day offinstead lol!! No cunt at work even asked how I was...........bastards. Hope ur well mate and doing ok on the meth. Do u have to have daily supervised. Consumption or do u get take aways?

I'm on 3 times a week pick up at the moment, so not too bad at all. Starting to feel the 2mg a day less I'm taking now though. I thought I wouldn't notice the drop from 35 to 33, but I have, so not looking forward to the next 2mg drop. Pretty shitty that they only gave you codeine after the operation, especially as you're already on fent! And would work not give you the time off or do you not get paid for sick days?

3 times a week isnt bad bettervthan them making u. Do. Dailies. Did. U say. 2mg a day? That ssounds steep mate especially as you. Get lower the percentage of your total dose your dropping gets more and more. Can u not go a bit slower? Luckilyvi paicked up 4 weeksbatweeks at a time and the amount I came away with was massive. I wasbonwas on between 200 and 400 a day for pain. Yeah I dont. Know what they thaught 30 mg codeine tab would do when im on 150mcgvof150mcg of fent an hour but thats the rrouble when ur on that much theres not much u can take on top. Im a contractor so unfortunately if I dojt turn up I dont get paid which is a bummer. Went to the gym tonite and when I got hokehome my back was pissing blood so had to get my lass to change the dressing. Shouldn't have gone but im lost without the gym. Do u go? It helps when ur feeling rough from wds. Add that to ur creative writing maybe. Anyway take care mate. Graeme.

I'm on 3 times a week pick up at the moment, so not too bad at all. Starting to feel the 2mg a day less I'm taking now though. I thought I wouldn't notice the drop from 35 to 33, but I have, so not looking forward to the next 2mg drop. Pretty shitty that they only gave you codeine after the operation, especially as you're already on fent! And would work not give you the time off or do you not get paid for sick days?

Yeah, you wouldn't think you'd feel a difference with only a 2mg drop but... you do. It's a bitch.

Mr scagnattie is write especially when its 2mg from 35mg as its nearly 6% of your total amountamount. You wouldnt probably feel it if you were on 300mg tho but the lower you get itsvimportant to mak the drops as small as possible sothe total percentage your dropping is less. Admittedly this stretches out theyre a lot and it takesblonger but it is less painfull. At the end of the daily we didnt get ourselvs into this state overnite so webshouldnt expext to get out of it quickly either. Foo for thought anyway. Would be interested to hear other peoples. Opinions on this.

I have decided to stay at my local clinic for another 2 to 3 months to allow myself more time to taper. I am right now at 80mg's/day. That is fine the first week or 2 at 80 was kind of bad. but I think I have adjusted now. I will drop to 70mg in another week then from there on I plan on dropping 5 mg's every 2weeks until I get down to around 40 mg's then start using my Dr to get 20 mg's day. I can remember when 20 mg's day was enough,but that was before I really started MMT. I guess I just have to train my body to get back down to that amount. I have gone down in 10 mg's increments thus far but this will be the last when I go down to 70 I hear after that it gets harder. Wish me luck everyone! this is really the hardest thing I have done in my life!

how can I get all of the methadone cocktail

yeah hi I just want to add something to this thread I had been on methadone maintenance on and off since I was 18 years old I am 26 years old now I've been on my current program for four years I got on this program because I was a heroin addict and severely addicted to percocet the reason that I got on methadone in the first place was because it was $80 a week and I could drink a hundred milligrams of methadone and I would be totally fucked up for two days I tho[/SIZ]ught the high last longer than heroin and it was just good I live in Baltimore in downtown Baltimore is like as a very big pill mill there are four or five date drugs that they pushed down town in Baltimore now the first is xanax the second is klonopin this there is clonidine then there is phenergan. and everyday at every program people are pusheen these pills on methadone patients because when you take them all together they called at the methadone cocktail and the purpose of this cocktail is just to get you absolutely floored ty now ridiculously slurring your words well point of this post is is that I'm trying to come off of these medications and it seems that the benzo die as a penes are the easiest to get off of but I cannot get all of clonidine now I know you have to taper all this drug but I went from taking four point 3 milligrams pills a day and now I am down to the point of the day. but if I go below that I get incredibly bad headaches slushy throwing up I mean it is absolutely terrible has anybody gone through this experience before and does this even happened at other methadone programs around the country or is it just here is Baltimore you know I'm tired of being addicted to a medication that is not even classified as addictive and its not even a scheduled substance now chronic venous perscribed for high blood pressure and what it does is it lowers your blood pressure and makes you not out really really hard which is which I really like to do but now if I stop taking these quantities for 80. Of time I go through my body goes through withdrawal and does not know how to regulate its own blood pressure

I live in bmore too homeboy, and everyone at the clinic is always wanting "fins, xans and clonidine" the downer cocktail lol. I dont like the fins thing tbo, why not just call it promethazine? Or i suppose when you are cocktailing its too hard to say. But i know all the pill mill spots, one of the biggest just got raided, but there is still turning point, geos, ect ect where those specific 5 pills plus methadone biscuits or bottles are always found. I am rxed xanax and thats all i take, the cocktail slams me too much, plus im trying to not get fucked up anymore. My doses of both medications meet my needs without exceeding it. I hardly even blaze anymore, got a gram of fire errl from CA last month and it lasted me practically a month. But be careful taking all that shit on methadone...thats downer plus downer plus downer plus downer. The clonidine lowers your blood pressure as does the xanax and promethazine. You can tell when ppl are on "the cocktail" bc they slurr and act slower than molasses. Be safe out there, dont end up in central booking with poss charges. Peace.

Oh and to answer you about the clonidine, it may not be scheduled but it is most certainly physically addictive, if you were taking 1.2mgs a day (which is a ton btw, dont know how you could get up from a seated position without blacking out from bp drop) but you will have to get back closer to that dose and do a proper slow taper. When i was on bupe i was also rxed clonidine which actually was an enjoyyable combo, but i had to taper off bc just like you i got wd from it, couldnt regulate my body temp, headaches, cold hot flashes, it was nasty. So i would try and get back to where you were dose wise and slowly taper dont jump from 4 pills down to one. Also, benzo wd is SERIOUS if you think you might be dependent do not stop cold turkey. Btw i think this cocktail of drugs is an east coast thing perhaps? Not sure but it seems like it. I know its common knowlege in charm city.

Last edited:
Yea I just wanted to see if this happenes outside bmore it figures a baltimore dude wrote back I go to timonium whst prog u on,holmes

Hahaa me too tho i was on the awakenings side for like 2 years weird thing is i had PAC the entire time. You hear that bitch from finance got let go? She extorted me for like 400 bucks bc when i started i had insurance and was on the mbat side, it lapsed and she didnt tell me and wouldnt switch me to the awakenings side, so at 70 a week my bill mounted quick and it was either pay or get detoxed, fuckers. Im glad she got canned, she was about as useless as an asshole on your elbow lol.