• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Mega Thread and FAQ v 2.0

this is my second attempt to get off it..last time i was very close to dying.came off 135mgs thst time brohgt down to 60 after being hospitalized to seriously...I had been on methadone 5 years.Today is the 22 day since lsst dose. I am unable to make it to a store as im so weak. Still far better than last time. Thats scary isnt it??
I will do it this time im now able to sleep, so my lol...screen name not as applicable..and last time my parents who are v against methadone to go back due to my alarming physical state.now it seems the dosage does make bit off difference. And why am i so determined to do this? My boyfriend died from overdose of thst and ONE clonopin2mg lsst year in the night,next to me.thats when i made first try to stop.
If this,scares anyone,well,i hope it did.incidentally methadone or rathetr dolophine its originsl nsme wss produced in Germany in ww2 by IG FARBEN pharmaceuticals. Lil creepy,just saying

It was actually developed by the Nazis, Hermann Goering was addicted to morphine, but as the war went on we cut off the Nazis supply of the poppies needed to make the morphine. So Goering got the German scientists to invent an opiate that didn't need poppies to be made and so we got methadone.

i feel you. read my post..doing this with no taper....

Methadone is a crazy drug!! Meaning it is so dang long lasting..I began to taper one month ago. I was at 105mg/day. I went down to 95 for a week no problem...then wnt down to 90 for a week,no problem..then went down to 80 for 2 weeks and then on the second week on 80 I began to get withdrawel at night about 12 hourim on day 22..and well,i.posted it.its awful ,i cant lie.s before I had to redoes at 6 am...I am going to rethink this tapering thing and try like hell to find a pain dr to give me around 60 to 80 mg's a day...I know that may be hard but it's cheaper than paying th md clinic 400/a month!
Yes i agree re:$$$ factor but for me it was thr five years of going there,having people look down on me for it,my continual stupor, the clinic in shite area, etc etc but finally had really serious reason to do want this,so badly.

Took like 140 of methadone last week, 40mg then 20mg 20mg 20mg, 40mg (diff days). Only like 10mg of it this week, a couple days back.
The 40mg dose got me feeling pretty good, but not like fucked up.

Was using dope before this. Tar, lowish quality.

Anyways, i took 130-170mg of hydrocodone (depending on my CWE loss from 12 pills), im assuming around 150mg. Plugged most of it, and popped 50mg orally without CWE.

I'm not even that high. What .. the .. fuck.. did the methadone jack up my tolerance that much? Hydros completely useless now?

Was opiate free since monday, except like 1mg of subutex snorted on wednesday. WOuld that block it? What giveS?

Whats the conversion? Im seeing anywhere from 1mg methadone=2mg hydrocodone all the way to 1mg methadone=7mg hydrocodone. If the latter is true, then those 40mg methadoses were more equivalent to 280mg of hydrocodone, which would explain me being underwhelmed.

yes...they needed a synthetic...

It was actually developed by td to morphine, but as the war went on we cut off don't make the morphine. So Goering got the German scientists to invent an opiate that didn't need poppies to be made and so we got methadone.
Yes needed a synthetic substitute ...and when allies moved in after,they appropriated Germanys patents that were useful...
Gosh i wish that sweet man Goering was still around...really like to give him a big hug!!! Stillll causing suffering,even after his deatj.not comparing it of course,to untold suffering he caused far worse than this..but day 22 ?? Well, its my own fault too..but the longevity of withdrawal...well,the clinic fails to mention thst small detail upon intake.must have forgotten....:)

Yes needed a synthetic substitute ...and when allies moved in after,they appropriated Germanys patents that were useful...
Gosh i wish that sweet man Goering was still around...really like to give him a big hug!!! Stillll causing suffering,even after his deatj.not comparing it of course,to untold suffering he caused far worse than this..but day 22 ?? Well, its my own fault too..but the longevity of withdrawal...well,the clinic fails to mention thst small detail upon intake.must have forgotten....:)

You're doing very well if you've been off it for 22 days. I'm on 30ml at the moment, reducing by 2ml every 2 weeks. So I'm not looking forward to the day I get to 0ml, especially if the after effects are still felt nearly a month later!

Well put,my friend. 3-7 days of h or oxy withdrawal
vs. Month plus of withdrawal.no brainer ...
You know what also amazed me?? Full grown men crying in line at clinic due to missing one day...it took oh 3-4 daysii m for me to be laid out-cant move stage of sick. Unfortunately,i still am. But if someone feels they can't stop using at least y the suboxone...the clinic is muy malo in hundred ways...and im not recommrnding anyone try what im doing at home,kids!! Its about whether you seriously just don't eant it any more.

Recreationally?.oh my. Its not quite a recreational drug,its..a commitment...and not addicted yet. Yet.but im not anti drug or a hypocrite..if you have a choice,the suboxone,definitely.

Apparently it's very recreational when injected, but I've never had access to either the IV solution or the pills so have never tried it that way.

Ok see that's an example of clinic being a lesser of two evils well sort of a lesser one...and, you probably won't listen..i didn't..trh not to go above what's truly neccesary. One day you'll want to get off that too and clinic will push u to go up.thdy did me although nevrr once did a u.a. Comre back positive for opiates.remember...they make their living keeping peoplr ON it,not off it. Good luck:)

Apparently it's very recreational when injected, but I've never had access to either the IV solution or the pills so have never tried it that way.
You need a large gage...never mind.i meant recreational in terms if..well..what else do you do thats recreational to you? Do you have to do it every day to look and feel human ??all im.saying,it becomes less n less recreational ..more neccesary. Oh sure i was a kite on it....i just couldn't take a lil cup of koolaid w a kick.controlling my life...it began to be..ridiculous..but of course i love any opiates..they just don't love me at present..lol

oh,thank you!!

You're doing very well if you've been off it for 22 days. I'm on 30ml at the moment, reducing by 2ml every 2 weeks. So I'm not looking forward to the day I get to 0ml, especially if the after effects are still felt nearly a month later!
Oh ty.of course tapering will lessen your time and severity. And im a 125 pound chick with a three year old so for sure you van do it:) and yes doing lil better but still not..lol...able to do much as am weak...but worth it end..good luck...i love hearing that someone else tired of the clinic slash Dope spot w a business license lok.

Wow....im very glad someone else warning off the fact methadone not so innocous as made out to be. Yes, its very easy die from it.i know very well that's true...and also you can die withdrawing from it. Usually from heart attack due to dehydration...i know alot or knew alot of other heroin addicts and never heard of anyone dying from dope withdrawals...

Yes I have it every day. I've been on a methadone maintenance program for about half a year, then before that I was on suboxone for half a year and before that on methadone for 3 years. So I've been trying to find the right chemical to keep me away from heroin and oxy. I also have the problem of needle fixation, which I think is another addiction really. I find as methadone is a full opiate, it stops me feeling like I need to use as much, as it tickles the right receptors like heroin does, just without the rush. Suboxone made me feel too awake and I always used to end up injecting them to satisfy my needle fixation, so methadone is my only option really. I've managed to get clean from benzos a few years back now, so if I can do that I can do anything. Completely understand the not wanting to be controlled by a lil cup of green liquid, I feel that way now, which is why I'm reducing as I like to write and whilst I'm on methadone I feel my creativity is lacking, like my mind is foggy so I can't think clearly.

Okay..as someone coming off cold turkey ..and still alive..ha..first how many mgs on?? And douwork.......i ask this because you wont be able tfor welll depends..and theres things that help.the clinic wont tell you that,though.i went to a family dr and asked for things to ease synptoms.

I'm on exactly 33ml a day. I was on 35ml, but I've started to reduce 2mg every 2 weeks now. I've been to rehab before albeit a very short stay and gone to NA meetings too, so I know a bit more than they tell you at the clinic anyway, but I always welcome new advice.

Yes!!! As miserable as i physically feel,i can't tellyou how many people have told mr i have a personality iand sense of humor agaun,nice to see me w my ..eyes open lol again y k...didn't even know i was like that at time....also made me irritable and i didnt write,etc,which im doing again.
Im sure ill be even sparklier once i can walk down a flight of stairs and,all that..lol

Oh lol i ..that wssnt to u lol.it sounds like u know ecsmactly whats up:)

Lol i know right?? We have 7 clinics where i live and id get tired of hearing about who had "better i
methadone"???really??as someone said ..its very regulated by dea and fda. If it comes in different colors there's a reason for that it has to do w takehomes and the selling of them...i beleive anyways.

;)DJ
Methadone is a shitty option, IMHO.

Takes forever to get off, and is ridiculously powerful. The withdrawals are shockingly long and shockingly terrible, too.

Suboxone is newer, better, and all around healthier to live on, in my view.

I've seen so many people become screwed from methadone that I am beyond ever supporting it, but it certainly is better than an addiction to heroin and other opiates.

In terms of healthiness, this is what I think:

Abstinence > Kratom > Suboxone > Methadone > Opiate addiction.
Yep yep!!! Day 22 coming off no taper..and glad..it was a huge mistake that i now must fix...but couldnt do the 2ng taper bit.i was tired of it...and yes,i know for a,fact,sadly..methadone can kill you:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have it every day. I've been on a methadone maintenance program for about half a year, then before that I was on suboxone for half a year and before that on methadone for 3 years. So I've been trying to find the right chemical to keep me away from heroin and oxy. I also have the problem of needle fixation, which I think is another addiction really. I find as methadone is a full opiate, it stops me feeling like I need to use as much, as it tickles the right receptors like heroin does, just without the rush. Suboxone made me feel too awake and I always used to end up injecting them to satisfy my needle fixation, so methadone is my only option really. I've managed to get clean from benzos a few years back now, so if I can do that I can do anything. Completely understand the not wanting to be controlled by a lil cup of green liquid, I feel that way now, which is why I'm reducing as I like to write and whilst I'm on methadone I feel my creativity is lacking, like my mind is foggy so I can't think clearly.

If you like to write, force yourself to write anyways. Let the fogginess be reflected in your writing. Masterpieces have been created while on opiates and other drugs: Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs, that is the best example I can come up with. It is a fucking mess to read, but still one can relate to a lot of the happenings and going ons in the stories, although hard to follow. Write for yourself first of all, to keep your creativity stimulated, and secondly write for others - even though you might not feel like you are making something creative, a hoard of others might. Too many people, including myself, loose the ability to take initiative while on opiates, especially regarding hobbies and stuff one used to like. It's an evil circle, because while you don't feel like doing it, you will also keep punching yourself in the face for not doing it and with time the tension gets worse. So just write away and don't give a damn buddy!

Yeah I hate methadone aswell. Basically about 10 yrs ago my morphine and oxy usage got out of control so my gp switched me to methadone long term for the pain and to get off the other dtuff. Only problem was the amount I was on. Scipted 200-400mg but taking sometimes 500+ per day. I never had to pick up.daily or have supervised consumption but still hated the stuff. As I mentioned in a previous thread I recently switched off methadone to fent patches which im messing about with but intend to use as prescribed from now (heard that before tho). Would love to be off everything but years of bodybuilding and powerlifting have left me with fucked up joints. Havent mentioned this before but also have a tumor on my spine which I am having removed on Monday and when they send it to histology for analysis will find out if its malignant or benign. Strangely im not that worried (yet). Ive got enough worries at the moment without worrying about something that might not even happen. Lifes a bitch isnt it but still you've got to laugh!!!

If you like to write, force yourself to write anyways. Let the fogginess be reflected in your writing. Masterpieces have been created while on opiates and other drugs: Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs, that is the best example I can come up with. It is a fucking mess to read, but still one can relate to a lot of the happenings and going ons in the stories, although hard to follow. Write for yourself first of all, to keep your creativity stimulated, and secondly write for others - even though you might not feel like you are making something creative, a hoard of others might. Too many people, including myself, loose the ability to take initiative while on opiates, especially regarding hobbies and stuff one used to like. It's an evil circle, because while you don't feel like doing it, you will also keep punching yourself in the face for not doing it and with time the tension gets worse. So just write away and don't give a damn buddy!

Thanks man, I will write everyday from now on, good or bad. And I start a creative writing course in September (gonna be weird going to college at the age of 28 ) so that's more motivation to get my penmanship up to par by then. I'm also tapering down on the Methadone so by then my head will be clearer. I find methadone clouds your head even more than other opiates, on oxy I feel motivated, but on 'done I feel like a slug! Thanks again for the encouragement, I always need reminding to just get on with it. Plus writing is all I've got as I've never liked working for other people and I'm not smart enough or rich enough to start my own business, so writing's my only chance at being my own boss.