• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

* Methadone Maintenance Therapy (MMT) MEGATHREAD *

Wait a minute..."lock box" for Sunday's dose? How does that work? Some nifty time-release thing, it'll only open on Sunday?

Don't mean to be glib; I'm on Methadone for pain maintenance (80mg a day) and I just get 240 pills a month. I could just swallow them but I choose to dissolve them and drink them or push them. Anyway, the lock-box thing piqued my interest...what's that about?

There's a methadone mega thread here in other drugs, just search for it, its there i promise ;) and yeah good luck with your mmt - it saved my life , i was so far gone on heroin i am greatful that i found and was brought to methadone maintenance therapy. cheers mate!

hahah no no its not a time release type thing... Hahaha. Basically you have to buy one of those metal lock boxes with a lock and a key. You know, the type you see people having that are running a garage sell? the one that they keep their money in? You can get them at walmart for like 11 bucks or something and its metal and has a lock on it and comes with 2 keys. And you have to take the box with you into the clinic on saturday, the give you your dose for saturday, then they give you a little cough syrup type bottle with your dose for sunday in it, and they have to physically watch you put the bottle inside of your lock box and lock it with the key... Kinda stupid, like that is going to stop you from selling it or as they call it "doubling up"... I am responsible with it though, I don't sell my take home, or "double up"... Im such a model MMT patient!! hahaha... I just take mine when I wake up sunday like im suppossed to..... If I wanted to keep getting high, why in the hell would i be in MMT in the first place??? I don't get those people that do that kinda stuff, Like my buddy who is also in the same clinic as me.. He sells his doses, or takes both his saturday and sunday dose on saturday at the same time so he can get his "high" on.. But then when he wakes up sunday he doesn't have anything for the day and when monday comes he is withdrawaling pretty bad. Hes an idiot.

starting methadone thursday

starting methadone thursday, im out of fentanyl, and oc and shit this is bad. i cant wait.. thursday is so far away.
i hope this works, i gotta get an alarm clock to get me up.
please keep me in ur thoughts.. im gonna try to get off the needle.

I dont know much about methadone, but I know its hard as hell to quit a drug addiction, Good Luck I hope the best
Ive been sober for almost 3 months and I feel great

D's I am SO proud of you for starting the journey to get clean. You can do this man, I believe in you. Please keep us updated with how you're going. Sending all my love and good vibes your way! <3

methadone can be a gret tool to help you stablize your addiction nd turn things around but remember it isnt a wonder option you have to work on issues as well plus the psychological apects i found when i had been using opiates for a long time getting clean is like been a baby again learning new ways to live

^+1 I have some, well, used to be friends that had just as much trouble on methadone as on IV heroin because they expected it to be some miracle drug that would just fix everything and weren't willing to put in their share of effort to get better. But if you really *want* to get better, that shouldn't be a problem. :)

Good luck!!!

You will be better off on a meth program (if you are not using while on it) then having the ups and downs of an IV opiate addiction).

If you have a decent habit..don't expect much outta meth besides maybe a sleepy (non opiate-like) non IMO (some people think it's better, for me it's just annoying).

Life on meth is far from perfect IMO, but its a trade off. Spend 24/7 raising $ coppin drugs gettin high and dogding the police. Doing illegal shit

or

Put on the liquid handcuffs..live a legal life (atleast more legal and rational then an IV addict). Those handcuffs are just a stupid expression though.

Personally, I have not been perfect..but I've been there since march 11th, since my first few urines were dirty with dope they didnt consider my clean till like april. So now that July is rollin around, I will be gettin my takehomes which is awesome. I will have to drink m-f then get a takehome for sat and sun.

After you've been on the program for 2 months you are eligable for vacation bottles. I have already used that once on memorial day weekend, got lke 5 days of takehomes whcihw as cool. I am getting takehomes for july 4 weekend, then I should officially have my own legit ones the week after.

AND today I me tthis cool black lady who was at my clinic, but goes to another (no idea why) an ddrove her down the road, she ssiad she gets 6 bottles a week and shes at 100mg.. she says sometimes she "doesnt need them" so I am def gonna take advantage of that relationship.

Although I don't "like" being on methadone, my life is SO much better on it. I have $ in mypocket, more than I could imagine since I don't blow every penny. I just spend $100 or so a week on weed..thats it drug wise (and the $50 for the program).

When you have an IV addiction, you need the structure of being required to go every day and drink etc.. It is a good thing even if it's annoying.

My clinic (like most) doesnt test for weed..which is SWEET.

I dunno hwere you live, but i NJ they can't start you any higher than 30mg the 1st day. I was doin 2-3 buns of dope mostly sniffed. They started me at 30mg and went up 10 a day until I was at 50, then went up 10 every 5 days until I was at 80mg, then stopped.

80 is pretty much a blockign dose, I can do dope and get a little lift, but it don't do shit really. Which is a good thing, I eman i wanna get high sometimes, but its a good thing, the meth prevents it..cuase its just wastin money.

Honestly, at 80mg it's boosted my tolerance pretty high. I stopped for 48 hours and sniffing 240mg per dose throughout the day.. literally 8x 30mg oxy ir's, and all it did was get me feelin a little nice, was th ebiggest waste of money.

At my clinic, you have to meet with your counselor once a week until you get to the 90day clean mark. They hae to do atleast 2 ua's per month but honestly at first I was gettin 1 like every week becuase I wanted to go on this vacation so they needed more clean urines.

Once you get your takehomes at 90 days I think it;s one UA a month and metting either once or twice a month. I plan on doin some shit soon though, I am either going to try and taper dwont o like 50 kinda quick then switch back to bupe and give that another shot, or just taper slow and get as low as I can on meth.

But anyway, bupe never kept me clean, oxy works great as a blocking dose etc.. and honestly, tthis is th least i've ever used for the duration of my addiction.

methadone clinics

when methadone clinics random piss you.......they don't watch you, so if you use somebody's else "piss" will you pass or do they test to make sure methadone is in your system?? they give you a strip that has drugs marked off like pcp, barbituates, benzos, thc, meth.............now does meth stand for methadone? or meth

Methadone Question

After about 4-5 years of opiate addiction I started the suboxone treatment like so many others. Today I'm stopping, I've tapered off as much as possible but i know I'll still have a month or two of fairly bad withdrawal.

My question is this: I have three 10mg methadone HCL pills that I'll eat to help with the w/d. I've never eaten methadone or done it at all and I was wondering how much should of these 10mg should I eat to help with the w/d. I don't want to eat too little and it end up not helping at all thus wasting half a pill or whatever, and I don't want to eat too much so what do you guys think is the right amount I should eat? (I was on about one 8mg hexagonal suboxone a day over the last couple months and more before that)

Thanks in advance

what is it with people on here mentioning methadone in pill form? In my country they give it out in liquid form like 10ml or 15ml, but i suppose a 10mg methadone tab is equal to 10ml of methadone

The pill form of methadone is a bit stronger than the liquid form. I'm currently on 55ml of juice a day. Unfortunately, even at that, it's basically like throwing bricks into the grand canyon. it's supposed to last more than 24 hours, but mine only lasts roughly 5 to 6 hours, then the sweats, chills, the works of withdrawal start to kick in. You ask for an increase, which they just gave me a month ago of 10ml, but then you're stuck at that dose for at least 2 to 3 months, they say until your dosage is "stabilized". Methadone, in my opinion is worse than the opiates you had in the first place, do some heavy research on it. The stuff gets into your bones and stays there, making coming off it even worse, I wish I had had this information before I began taking it 4 years ago. Sorry for the rant.

Another post. Methadone yall in MMT PLZ

OK. So everyday I feel my methadone is getting weaker and weaker, and weaker, and did I mention weaker? I say weak in a way it doesn't do for me what it did. Sometimes I could close my eyes and just vividly dream like I was high on heroin. Is this just how it works. I even got an increase on my dose and it didn't feel like shit other than retarded move.

My concern really is well, would a methadone clinic secretly lower your dose? I almost can swear this is whats going on sometimes but then again its been 5 months that I've been on or a little less.....not to to long nor do I plan on staying to to tooo long. I just want to do good in school and cannot afford to take time off my life is school right now. The thing is everyone at my clinic is super nice so I think I may have answered my question. That or the methadone is losing potency? Fuck if I know but it scares me so much. I don't know about this one...... :|

I doubt very much that they are secretly lowering your dose as they would get in quite abit of trouble doing that. You are just developing tolerance to the euphoric effects of methadone and according to most people i know who have been on it methadone is not that euphoric anyway. If you are looking for a high MMT really isint your thing. Honestly though if it's holding you id be happy with that as that is what it is supposed to do. It's not supposed to give you a heroin like high it's just supposed to help with the cravings and stop you from being sick.

NO NO Not asking if I can get high. It never got me high. I was just wondering what happened to the weird heroin sleep like states in the beginning and why they are not happening now. I was just asking if they are gone? Does that make sense? Its not like euphoria...it was always relief, and that was energy for me. I said it felt sometimes like I was high on heroin in that the sleepy state I USED to get on it from Time to time. It always happened after a benzo was taken. Now it doesn't matter how many benzos I really take it feels? Sorry I hope this question isn't confusing I really just wanna know because if thats over I can start dropping because technically I'm used to not feeling any effects?

Have you switched clinics/doctor lately for the methadone? I remember when I was taking it the clinic decided to switch formulations and everybody was complaining about it not holding them. The reality is it is just tolerance. Just wait until you feel like a slave to that shit and you get no positive benefits. I remember thinking wtf is going on it was like I would just take a shot/gulp of water in the morning and no effects other than pin eyes. God forbid though if I missed a dose, fuck trouble. Most people continuously raise there doses for that reason. Or start to take benzos/other meds to increase the effects or they just sit on it or get off.

I forget what the dose limit in Illinois, it is pretty high I know that.

You ever watch the movie 'Methadonia' it used to be on youtube, not so sure anymore. Maybe someone knows.

peace.
seedless

Everyone hits that point on Methadone where you don't get any enjoyable effects out of it anymore and it just keeps you not sick...mainly has to do with tolerance and taking it for a long time. I'm sure when you were doing heroin everyday eventually you start to lose some of the effects you got, true for me at least.