• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone duration, how long for you?

Maaaan, i really hope i can make dosing twice daily happen.

I'm on 55mg now & have been for over 2 weeks, builing up from 25. When i began i told the nurses that the dose wasnt keeping me stable for any longer than 14 odd hours & i was going thru wd in the middle of every night... They told me once it had "built up in your system" it would "hold" me for 24 hours. Well its been weeks now & i'm still having bad nights so i've begun self medicating with the mass amount of 25 mg amitriptyline (elavil) i had that i didnt touch when the doc tried me on them for insomnia & to potentiaate painkillers.

Today i woke up feeling like i' come down with someting, so i toughed it out with my last little yellow 5 mg diazepam, 14 mg of loperamide & went to the pharmacy at 2:30 pm instead of 10am. Hopefully this will make for easier mornings... I'll see.

so, my doctor is an idiot who doesnt understand the basics of metabolism and other simple stuff like that so he just "kicked me out" with a 20mg increase (120mg/daily) but when i went to the nurse who dispenses the methadone and told her my problem, she said "oh lawd, why didnt ya come to me in the first place ffs, of course we can split ur dose. take ur takehome bottle with you tomorrow and lets make it happen".

so im a very happy camper now. got 20mg upped and can now get like 50mg in the morning in the clinic and 70mg as takehome to take whenever i feel like it.

problem solved. (y)

stop bringing up prices. prices are not allowed.

I was just going to say this, thankyou Cloudy.

Tyler5, You have been a member of bluelight for seven years you know the rules. I have edited too many of your posts, it's unacceptable. Further disregard for the rules will result in an infraction. We give greenlighters some slack, but you've been a member here for too long and should know better. I suggest you take this time to review the BLUA and OD guidelines, both available in my signature.

The amount of time that methadone lasts GREATLY varies from person to person. Different bodies metabolize it at different rates. This SHOULD be common knowledge among doctors (but unfortunately that's not always the case). It also really depends on the dose taken. For me, methadone has never lasted for 24 hours. When I was taking 40mg it lasted about 14-16 hours, at 30mg it lasted about 10-12 hours, at 15mg it lasted about 6-8 hours and so on. I am talking about how long from when it took effect (usually about 30 min after taking it) until when I started feeling moderate withdrawal symptoms. On the other end of the spectrum there are some people for whom a dose of methadone can last 40 hours (or - rarely - even longer, especially on a very high dose). If your methadone is not holding you, tell your doctor. Many doctors will just raise the dose and continue having you take it every 24 hours, which MIGHT help, but if you can stay on the same dose (or only slightly higher) and take half of it every 12 hours is what I would recommend. How easy this is depends on your doctor and your situation, how your methadone is dispensed to you, whether you have take-home privileges, etc.

People should also be aware that certain foods and medications can make their methadone not last as long (including alcohol).

EDIT: I didn't see that you had replied already that you are now allowed split-dosing. That's great. Anyway, hopefully this thread can be useful to other people who are in the same situation :)

I didn't even know fent was available in bags. Is this fent made in clandestine labs, or is it medical grade fent? Seems like it would be dangerous to get such a strong opiate on the street.

yeah its available in folded up foil pieces, one gram gets you 28-32 'doses/stamps/bags'.
i take my 120mg of methadone (got upped 20mg), then 4-6hrs later i can IV 3 bags of fentanyl and feel the rush and all those nice things and after about 2hrs im completely sober from the fent.
i keep telling you guys - you DO NOT OD on this 3-MF if you have used 3 days EVERY SINGLE DAY, you get to know your dosage and the positive thing is, i have only one dealer, he has stuff that is the same for OVER A YEAR, literally.
so i know EXACTLY how much i need to smoke/snort/IV to get a high/nod going without going too far.
of course,i always do this with someone else around me, sober, except for weed.
icant believe all this stigma surrounding fentanyl and its deratives.
look, the only OD's happen to people who are fresh out of jail after 6 months and then IV 10 bags because when they went in that was their tolerance (too bad that coming out, your tolerance is 1 bag MAX).
the others are people who just want to die (extremely awful home life, no money, no job, no perspective on future). so they OD.
the third are the people who OD when new fentanyl comes to town. but that happens once every 3-4 years. and ONLY those OD who didnt listen to their dealer to START OFF SLOWLY and do a test shot!
of course not! these russian idiots slam their usual dosage and an hour later their dead.

i dont see myself being so absolutely stupid so they only way i could OD/die from the 3-MF is when i take my 120mg methadone + 2 takehomes (360mg methadone), 10 bags of 3-MF IV, 2mg triazolam (8x0.25mg tabs), 10mg xanax (1mg footballs x 10), and then some nice 42% vodka. then, yeah, im pretty sure, i would be dead.
otherwise - no.
if what you guys are describin would happen, people would be dieing EVERY DAY in Estonia because of 3MF/benzos.
but they are not. people take 3MF/tons of benzos or methadone/even more of a ton of benzos all day every day and no known deaths among them.
most of the deaths come from OD's that were planned before e.g. suicide.
<TRICOMB MODNOTE: the following statement is lethally false information. 3-methylfentanyl is extremely dangerous.>
3-MF by itself IS NOT dangerous esp. when smoking/snorting. NOT AT ALL.
PLEASE, believe someone who has been in this for 3+ years EVERY SINGLE DAY and seen and heard quite a few things.
oh, and the little fact that i actually live in the country where it is the only opiate and used to consume it daily (3-MF) and im alive and well. during the end of my addiction i would smoke 1 GRAM of 3-MF every 14-16hrs. from 1g you can make 28-32 doses/bags/stamps/whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
3-MF by itself IS NOT dangerous esp. when smoking/snorting. NOT AT ALL.

Wow, 3-MF is not dangerous? are you delusional? I hope no one reads your posts and believes that bullshit and OD's. This is a Harm Reduction focus forum, please treat it as one.

Wow, 3-MF is not dangerous? are you delusional? I hope no one reads your posts and believes that bullshit and OD's. This is a Harm Reduction focus forum, please treat it as one.

I have to agree. Unfortunately this attitude seems to crop up often in this forum, where someone tells others something is completely safe simply because they have done the thing and haven't died or had any other serious/ill effects. Just because that one person was lucky (or perhaps had a particular set of circumstances which managed to keep them safe, like a high tolerance, good consistent supply, whatever) does not mean everyone else will have the same experience.

EDIT: I also often see the argument of fallacy of logic that if such and such were unsafe then everyone who did it would be dead, and they aren't, so clearly it's safe. Just because it doesn't kill everyone who ever does it does not make it safe.

Yeah, I've done 3-Methylfentanyl and I didn't die, but that doesn't mean I'm going to assume it's safe.

im saying its NOT very dangerous WHEN you know your dealer AND the package he/she has exactly, then its like any regular heroin etc. nothing different about it. i IV'd it yesterday again. took 120mg methadone 8am and IV'd 2 bags of 3-MF and 11.30AM got a nice rush and then a 30 min nod. had a sober sitter of course. everything went fine.

And you are WRONG. Just because people live after using, doesn't mean it is safe. It is amazing how you aren't even willing to accept the risks you are taking. You are going to end up dead one day, and no one is going to be surprised. At least admit what you are doing is VERY risky, and not safe.

I think part of what makes it so dangerous is that it's so extremely potent that even taking a very slightly higher dose by accident, or having a slight change in your metabolism, or getting a slightly different supply, or using it concurrently with another drug, can have lethal consequences. It has resulted in many many deaths. It's even been used as a chemical weapon with inadvertently lethal results. I don't think anyone can truly know their supply and guarantee that it will always be exactly the same. Just because you took some yesterday and lived does not mean it's safe or the same as any other opiate.

well, if it would really be a harm reduction site and all then please give me advice on how to IV as safely and best as possible. i dont know what is available in the local pharmacy but i doubt filters etc. are available. needles are 23G usually from the pharmacy, they are always out of the insulin needles. is 23 bad for my veins somehow?
i always use the needle once, NEVER with someone else, clean water, clean cooker (spoon), then draw the 3-MF into the syringe and administer. i know i should filter do other things, preferrably. what are they and what are they good for/important?

thanks in advance

well, if it would really be a harm reduction site and all then please give me advice on how to IV as safely and best as possible. i dont know what is available in the local pharmacy but i doubt filters etc. are available. needles are 23G usually from the pharmacy, they are always out of the insulin needles. is 23 bad for my veins somehow?
i always use the needle once, NEVER with someone else, clean water, clean cooker (spoon), then draw the 3-MF into the syringe and administer. i know i should filter do other things, preferrably. what are they and what are they good for/important?

thanks in advance

Well that is true, we were just criticizing the promotion of 3-MF as "safe" or not dangerous. If someone is going to do it no matter what, knowing the risks, or course we will offer advice on how to minimize the risks or on safe injection techniques. I would say if 23-gauge syringe needles are what's available to you then that should be fine. Not re-using them and proper technique is more important than their thickness IMO. I mostly used 25-gauge and that's only .1mm thinner than 23, but I would try to use the biggest healthiest veins you have, since bigger needles will damage small delicate veins. I would say the only thing you're missing is the filters and maybe stuff like which veins are best, rotating veins, cleaning your skin first, etc. There should already be some detailed threads on here about best injection practices/techniques if you do a search.

fact is, its not one bit more riskier than going to a strange town and copping a bag there, prepping it in your car and pushing down the plunger. you NEVER know what your gonna get.
with my dealer i KNOW what im getting. i have one person. this person has one type of product. so its kind of like a clinic or something. all the dosages are the same. have never seen something pertaining otherwise.
been smoking for about 3 years, recently started IV'ing because i take 120mg/methadone day and smoking is kinda pointless at that dosage. but IV 3-MF breaks through GREAT. the needle is barely out when i feel a nice light pins-n-needles rush which is followed by a 30min nod or so. after 60-90mins im completely sober, maybe even faster.
3-mf was invented in Russia (in St.Petersurg College in 1978 ) and its stayed there ever since, probably passed down from father to son, teacher to student etc.
all i know is this fent is available ONLY in ESTONIA (pop 1.5million, capital ca 500k, thats where im from) and in some spots in Russia that are close to St. Petersburg.
in Finland and Sweden buprenorphine is extremely popular. they IV it there like crazy, watch a doc called' Escape from Santaland'. its about some Rovaniemi bupe junkies. depressing.

i still give praise to 3-MF and fentanyl in general, although, at the sime, not having had the pleasure to try heroin for which i am thoroughly sorry about, i still say IV/smoked fentanyl is a great opiate. yes there are OD's from this but just like there are OD's when someone fucks up on a new heroin pack in Kansas City MO and 25 ppl die. but if the same thing happens with fentanyl which is automatically called 'china white', then its made so incredibly dangerous. truth is - when both products are prepared by people who know what their doing, the doses will be normal with fentanyl or heroin. nobody will die. because nobody wants that. its an event, not something usual. 1 in less than 1000, i'd say, OD from fentanyl.