• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone - any tips?

^yeah sounds like he has more of a tolerance than he was telling us....that or he has some freak natural tolerance just to methadone!

anyways, the best thing you can do in this situation is to QUIT taking methadone for atleast a week(it has a LONG half life and raises your tolerance to all opiates very very quickly)! after using no opiates or at the very least NO methadone for a week or so, try dropping 20mg or so on an empty stomach(NO FOOD OR CALORIE DRINKS FOR 4 HOURS MINIMUM) with approx 20oz of water. do not eat or drink calorie heavy drinks for atleast another 2 hours after dosing as it tends to just make you sedated and less enjoyable.

try exactly what i mentioned above and if you KNOW for a fact that your tolerance is higher than normal(say for example during your week off the methadone you are using alot of oxy or heroin...keeping your tolerance up), then you can try taking a little more like jimminniey mentioned above....maybe 25-40mg. just make sure you dont take too much and follow my advice exactly as i said.

hope this helps,methadone can be very enjoyable especially if you do not take it daily!!

Methadone tip? Don't do that shit! It's one of the worst opiates on the market and has withdrawls worse than H. That shit is for people in terminal pain or junkies who are too stupid to control their habit and don't know how to taper off or don't want to. I wouldn't give that shit to my dog.

^^Yeah! Really stupid... Some people are addicted because of bit more complicated issues. deaddiver is probably too stupid to understand any of those.

Anyway, in my opinion, opiates/opioids are not any party drugs. So, don't take them if you don't have any special reason for taking them. And if you have, the doctor or some sort of medical instance should be contacted. Too many of junkies are those who have self-medicated themselves with bad (or difficult) consequences.

That's the morals, have nice day...

negrogesic said:
Do not take darvon/darvocet with or with any proximity to taking methadone.

Why is this? I know they are related chemically.

I added 4 darvocet-100's to my methadose one time and it doubled the effects of the done. I didt know this was a 'no-no.'

Boozy_Shamoozy said:
Well I read everything that was said up until 3pm on the 26th. Then I left work and had no access to the net before I took the 'done on Saturday morning. I missed all that was said about mixing it with xanax and other downers.

I have tried opiates about 10 times in my entire life. I didnt consider myself to have a tolerance.

I didnt think it was going to be so hard to get a buzz off this stuff. 'You can't take this with it.. you will cloud the buzz' 'if you have too much you will spoil the euphoria' etc.

There is no buzz at all from it in my experience, only itching, hiccups and nausea. I tried 10mgs and waited 4 hours before re-dose one day. 25mg and waited 4 hours two days after. - No euphoria.

All it seems to be good for is what it is RX'ed for - staving off opiate withrawals for heroin addicts.

Im not an opiate user, but something tells me u had only those effects cause u took normal opiates days before... sounds like what methadone was made for... to make u not withdrawl but ''normal'' after heavy opiate usage, so, after an opiates it logically may not cause euphoria...
mybe im wrong.. dunno.

BTW yesterday i took 400mg tramadol with 6 mg xanax splitted in two doses one cuple hrs after another.
I have preety high benzo tolerance, but its only my 3rd time with tramadol, the first two times was months ago, and didnt felt much except a little more calm and stimulated!!!
Mybe its cause day before i took 120(only) of proroxyphene (for my second time, and heres my opiate experience ends except one time heroin once, when i came back home from independence day celebrations after xanax, crack, E's, more xanax & tramadol & well hash; i did two lines for my first time, and smoked another line into sigarette, felt just an a strong rush, straight after puked from my window hearing the neighbors pissed, and straight after felt asleep, it was preety strong feeling and a really well sleep for 14 hrs but thats it for me, i dont mind to try it another time(dont even think about when i see h.)
so for a benzo withdrawals, it of course did nothing exsept get the benzo withdrawls away (after i already dealed with them well in my head before the proph.) the time before i took tramadol i took much less (50 or 100mgs also on xanax) i felt it much better!! pleasurable coolness in my body, stimulation a bit, too hard to piss etc.. this time i couldnt even lay on the grass comfortable for more then 20 mins (with my nodding out on too much h buddy laying near me stoned dead lol) mybe this 120 mgs of propoxyphene made a cross tolerance and made me able to eat 400 tramadol and feel almost no serious effects??

Last edited:
Opiates seem to be an acquired taste, by that I mean that they grow on you after you take them for a bit. At first, they may just make you a bit dizzy and fuzzy, but before you know it, you'll love how they make you feel.

I've never known anyone to get started using opiates with methadone, but it's NOT the way to get started. Like everyone says, it's extremely powerful and long-lasting. Besides, it'll ruin you if you want to use weaker opiates (oxy, hydro, morph, etc.). Your tolerance will shoot up and you won't even be getting a buzz that's worth that kind of increase in tolerance.

The two people I know who died from ODs were on methadone. Definitely don't drink on it. Personally, I don't think it's euphoric at all compared to other opiates, but it does have a nice opiate buzz though. It seems to me like 10 mg methadone is like a super long-lasting 10-15 mg hydrocodone.

buck nasty said:
Why is this? I know they are related chemically.

I added 4 darvocet-100's to my methadose one time and it doubled the effects of the done. I didt know this was a 'no-no.'

ttt for answer as to why darvocet cannot be taken with methadone

what about 10mg insulflated on an empty stomach with no opiate tolernace.
not that it matters now I'm feeling pretty nice. :) but fuck that burn.

Boozy_Shamoozy said:
OK, thanks for the advice but I should have mentioned a few other things.

Firstly, Although I have no tolerance to opiates, I can take 300mgs & more of Codeine, 375mgs of Tramadol - no problems. I have searched the net and found various sites saying the coversion from Codeine to Methadone is around 10%. So 300mgs of Codeine - 30mgs Methadone.

Don't worry, I am not stupid enough to take three methadone tablets on my first time but surely 10mgs (100mgs Codeine equivalent) won't have me chucking my guts up? I probably wouldnt even feel 100mgs Codeine.

Oh, and there is no other opiates here apart from Heroin, Methadone & Codeine. Codeine seems to not really do a lot for me. Heroin - not for me.

The antihistamines are the non-drowsy sort. I take them with Codieine to stop the itch and it works. Should I still stay away from them?

Most methadone folks agree methadone is five times stronger than morphine, BUT IT LAST 24 FUCKING HOURS so 30mg methadone =150 morphine, but morphine last 6 hours-get it?

I would advise you to stay away from methadone. It has a half life from hell and if you find yourself physically dependent, there is no worse kick in all of the drug world. It can cause you to withdrawal for a long time, I'm talking a month. There are plenty of real opiates out there, methadone is not a recreational drug, please take my word for it. I was once, on clinic, at 135 mg. per day, I did this for over a year and I will never forget the hell I went through when I finally got off of it. heroin is a tough kick, but after a week you are in the clear. Methadone, because it is designed to hold you for a long time takes what seems like forever to get out of your system. Please find something else to experiment with, Methadone is no joke.

psychetool said:
I suggest you parachute it. (crush and put in a peice of tissue paper then swallow)

10mg should have you feeling golden for 12-18 hours easy, but not 'fucked up' or 'nodding' it just makes you feel fucking divine - like bliss in a little pill.

Thats what im talkin about fuckin divine:)

One thing I will tell you..The first time I took methadone I took 10 mg, and my friend (experienced user) told me to take another 10 the next morning. I did, and I felt like shit and threw up at least three times. Even if you aren't still feeling the FULL effects, methadone stays in your system for 24 hours. Be careful about redosing; take like 5 mg more at a time. Or take promethezine (sp? sorry) with it.

I used to be a heavy heroin/methadone user, but time has passed, I got off it. Today I felt I needed something to get me through the day so I took the last of my Temazepam (50mg). Then when I went out to get cigs I got ahold of 40mls (syrup/liquid). I dosed on the benzos about an hour, hour and a half ago. I've been on Codeine to get me through recently (usually about 300-400mg) any recommendations on how I should safely dose myself today?
Thanks,
Akireta

^ I really don't have an answer for ya akireta but I think you should create your own thread if you have other questions than the one in this thread.. its just not a good thing for someone else to ask a completely new question and change the original topic/question of this thread or any thread for that matter.. this forum would be a disaster if everyone did that.. just something to know in the future.. best of luck to ya!.. :)

I like Methadone....yet anyone who talks about how horrible it is to get off of is not kidding. I have talked to heroin addicts who say they would rather kick heroin. I took Methadone a few years ago off and on for about three months...when I finally couldn't get anymore...it was a withdraw that seemed to go on and on...and I did not even take very high dosages(5 to 10 milligrams) I find the lowest possible dosage the most effective. It's been over a two years since I took Methadone. I recently took 5 mg. at work and was clear..Euphoric and productive. I tried taking more later(The redosing ..and felt dizzy and sick to my stomach) That is when I found this forum...I find it quite helpful. I took 10 mg on an empty stomach...stayed away from alcohol...I think it will be a productive night recording!I have a very clear and relaxed mind. Like it has been stated in this thread...I'd stay away from redosing due to the half life. When I first took 10mg some years ago...I did feel dizzy and vomit...but after that I felt fine. The drug has an interesting history too. If you really want to use this drug..just be smart...make "mindfulness" your mantra...and I would use it rarely....perhaps a special project(like I do with programming and recording) I personally perfer to keep as low as a tolerance as possible...I have a friend that can take 20 750 vicodin and just feel normal....after awhile nothing will work it seems.He recently took 40 mg of liquid metadose and about 25 later and was drinking.This was his first time taking it. He was lucky he did not OD...It knocked his dick in the dirt! He was a drooling...nodding on the edge of his bed...I hung out with him most of the night to make sure he was gonna be ok. He has a VERY high opiate tolerance and Methadone spun him out. So I would not much compare apples to oranges with any conversion charts when it comes to this drug.

I particularly like it because of how long it lasts. I use it for long draw out projects where frustration levels can grow high with endless persnickety detail...where in recording...if I get flustered ...my muse has flown the coop and so much for inspiration and getting anything done at that point!!

thread bump!!

thinking of grabbing some 10mg methadones and wanted to know what to expect based on this(all these are on an empty stomach)-

My minimal oxy dose is 15mg on an empty stomach, that gets me feeling good. 30mg is the most I've taken w/o tolerance and I can still look fine on it, if OC was cheap I'd choose to do it more but wanting to dose 20-30mg costs too much to be close to worth it. No nodding going on from OC alone. I've had over a gram(it was cheap, like pennies per mg, so I went through all I had and a lot of coke in 2 weeks) but haven't had any opiate in about 2 months.
It doesn't help pain much though, just dulls certain pains decently in higher doses.

Yet, on tramadol, I found my self nodding(not that tired just nodding) on no more than 150mg before I knew what nodding was, and I get a good warming buzz for hours(sometimes it takes forever to kick in though). I've taken 75-150mg a few times a love it(but can't get any more). Also I don't feel any need to breathe(which I've learned it's not good to hold my breath 3 minutes from here!).
It dulls a headache nicely and seems to help other pains a little but not a ton.

Hydrocodone doesn't do much to me at 30mg(can't remember which) and I only take it if it's free and I have lots of money at the time(hence not needing more). No numbness.

What should I expect from methadone? I'd have to get a lot if I get any so if this implies I will/won't be someone who loves it that'd be great.