• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone - any tips?

OK, well I neednt have worried. Here is how my wekend went:

Friday night, scored the methadone (30 methadose 10mg's from Peru and 100 american brand methadone 10mg's)

I also scored some valium and dihydrocodeine.

Friday 6pm took a valium and went to work. Upon leaving work at 9pm took 240mg's dihydrocodeiene. Got home, smoked some weed dranks some beers, had a great buzz.

Saturday morning woke up early and took a methadone tablet about 6am. waited till 10am, felt negligable effects, took another. Now I was feeling like a moderate dose of tramadol. waited 4 more hours then took another 20 mg, then took another 10mg after a couple more hours. I had now totalled 50mg and felt a slight buzz that was no where near the buzz I had got off the codeine the night before. I am felt very dizzy and very tired, no buzz or high. I take half a valiuim and smoke a joint. This made me spin out and I nearly puke. I spend the rest of the night sort of drifting in and out of consciousness. Just like being really tired.

Sunday, I feel nothing, I take a valium and 300mgs dihydrocodeiene. Don't get anything from the codeiene.

Monday, give the methadone another shot. I take 25mgs first time, wait 4 hours, 25mgs again, wait 2 hours then another 20mgs. I just seem to drift in and out of consciousness no warm buzz or euphoria, just dizzyness and tiredness. I try to smoke a joint and spin out, try a beer and puke up.

Tuesday, feel like crap. Take a valium feel a bit better. Smoke a joint - nearly puke then pass out on floor. take a few somas, Spend the evening drifting in and out of consciousness. sleep well.

Feel ok when I wake up, have taken nothing today. Now back at work, a few hours later, feel totally dizzy and washed out - like i could puke at any moment.. Any advice on what to do?

Methadone didnt seem to work for me. I would have thought it was a dodgy (fake) batch but I had two different sorts from two different sources.

Any thoughts?

^dude did you listen to ANYTHING we said...

what you need to do is stop mixing so many other drugs(esp downers) and STOP redosing!! that is why you keep just getting sick and drowsy.

since you didnt really mention you had an opiate tolerance(300mg dihydrocodiene?!?), your obviously going to possibly need more methadone than your average person.

since you took like 75mg and didnt overdose(your very lucky and very stupid), i think maybe you should try like 30-40mg all at once on an EMPTY stomach. wait 2 hours and smoke some weed. should do the trick.
unless your on MMT, methadone is extremely euphoric and powerful...much better than codiene shit.

so just get the dose RIGHT, stop mixing other drugs that will just cloud the high and make you drowsy(valium, alcohol, etc), STOP REDOSING(its pointless and EXTREMELY dangerous with methadone), and give it another try.

puking, dizzyness, and lack of euphoria are all signs of an overdose(non-fatal). consider yourself lucky and respect opiates more.

im sorry, but you really pissed me off. you post a thread asking for advice and then you just did whatever the fuck you felt like anyways. this IS a harm-reduction forum so dont get pissed at me...im just trying to save a life and prevent methadone/opiates from getting a bad rep.

Well I read everything that was said up until 3pm on the 26th. Then I left work and had no access to the net before I took the 'done on Saturday morning. I missed all that was said about mixing it with xanax and other downers.

I have tried opiates about 10 times in my entire life. I didnt consider myself to have a tolerance.

I didnt think it was going to be so hard to get a buzz off this stuff. 'You can't take this with it.. you will cloud the buzz' 'if you have too much you will spoil the euphoria' etc.

There is no buzz at all from it in my experience, only itching, hiccups and nausea. I tried 10mgs and waited 4 hours before re-dose one day. 25mg and waited 4 hours two days after. - No euphoria.

All it seems to be good for is what it is RX'ed for - staving off opiate withrawals for heroin addicts.

I took alittle DXM this morning, as the doc has prescribted it to me with other shits whicc it contain. Alright, I took it majorily because of the other shit: though that it may help to get some crap out of my lungs and maybe the sorbitol would help in completaly different way and so on.

Okay, first that trippy effect and kinda horrible feeling (very hard to ddescribe exactly... would take too many words)... but alright, when the methadone kicked in, I felt that hey, should I go to bed, I feel so soft and all compared to the crappy feeling beforehands. Now I feel confortably numb and hope that that'll lasts forever... (nice closed eye visuls)

Eduard said:
I took alittle DXM this morning, as the doc has prescribted it to me with other shits whicc it contain. Alright, I took it majorily because of the other shit: though that it may help to get some crap out of my lungs and .......................QUOTE]

hey

dude

whats this gotta do with methadone?

well, thanks for all the replies.

I know I am not getting on well with this stuff but I have 130 of them left so I am continuing to experiment in the hope of catching the right dose to give a worthwhile occasional buzz and not an addiction.

I took 15mg a few days ago. I hadnt had any other opiates or drugs for over 5 days. I waited 4 hours, nothing much, possibly a slight mood lift which may have been placebo.

I realise I did a stupid thing by redosing and taking over 75mgs in a day the second time i had done it but i seem to have a natural tolerance to this stuff or something.

Anyway, I plan to try again on saturday. If you were in my situation what dose would you try?

id ditch all that shit. Codeine, dhc, tramadol, those are some of the weakest opiates. Sell all that shit or something and get some heroin, or at least some oxy or hydromorphone. I'm serious.

ilovebw said:
id ditch all that shit. Codeine, dhc, tramadol, those are some of the weakest opiates. Sell all that shit or something and get some heroin, or at least some oxy or hydromorphone. I'm serious.

hydromorphone isnt all that great unless IVed, id rather have codeine or hydrocodone if i didnt IV drugs......

^^^^^^ Dude you seem to be all about pluggin things, which I am too. However how you could consider hydocodone more benifitial to have around then hydromorphone? Even more so confusing when you are obviously down with plugging them.

The OP is most likely expecting too much of the initial euphoria associated with most opiates that methodone will not provide. Combine 1/2 your normal dose with like 2mg of Xanax or Kpin, and you should get where you want to be. The benzo, preferably a faster acting one will put you in a better mindset while the 'dones are kicking in, and will hopefully allow you to enjoy the different subtlties of a methadone "high".

Those bitches have crazy w/d's so be careful if you are taking the 'dones for more than a few weeks consistantly. By far the worst w/d's I have ever known. They sneak up on you too. 36-48 hours after your last dose, considering you are not on MMT, you'll be like shit methadone w/d aint nuttin. Just wait. try to get some sleep that night. 4AM roles around and you might find yourself waking up, immediately puking, horrible bowl movements (if you can even call them that, more like explosive liquid ass), and forget about getting back to sleep w/o getting well. Just my couple pennies.

thanks for the opinions but as I said before this is the only opiate there is available at the moment.

I have some diazepam. Maybe take a 10mg then what amount of 'done?

I am going out with a load of people who will be drinking (i aint drinking or driving) I want to just get a buzz and when they start talking shit be able to put up with it!

What kind of Benzo tolerance do you have? Can you normally feel 10mgs of Diazepam? If so try 10mgs, 20mgs whatever you normally take to "feel" the affects of it. Then combine that with about 30-40mgs of 'done. Now I am only suggesting this based on your statement " One day I took a total of 70mgs of 'done in a 24 hours period". Your still here to type about it so you must have some kind of opiate tolerance. How many mgs of oral oxy does it take for you to get off? I think I can better answer your question if you give me a general idea of your benzo and opiate tolerance, and any experiences you had mixing them.

well, benzos don't do a lot for me. 10mgs of valium makes me feel tired and relaxed. much more and i start to get dizzy and deflated. Xanax just makes me feel dizzy then like shit the following day.

Oxy is non-existant here in the uk (or very rare indeed). So can't comment on my tolerance to that.

Codeine - a few months ago I had a box of 50mg tabs. I read that your body can only absorb up to about 450mgs of that and taking any more is simply wasting it. I got through the box in about a month, taking it every now and then. By the end 450mgs would only give me a little buzz that would last about an hour and a half.

I got some dihydrocodeine (I read this is roughly twice as strong as codeine). So I took 220mgs. It gave me a moderate buzz after a few beers and joints.

I took 20mgs of 'done this morning - I woke up at 4am, took it then went back to bed. Woke up at about 8am feeling nicely contented. I think it may be that the more often I take it the more my body is getting used to it and I notice the effects better.

Now its 10am and I feel in a better mood than normal and feel a lot more motivated then normal. It is making me very slightly dizzy which I don't like but I am combating that with a steady intake of coffee!

Maybe I'll try 40mgs on saturday and take lots of caffinated drinks along with it? I don't know about the valium, the last thing I want is to be tired and bored.

If you dont have too much to do, and its OK if you nod of for a good while try this: Take 10-15mgs of Valuim. You know your body so just be easy with it. Either slightly before, or in the interst of harm reduction when you begin to "feel it" kicking in, take 30mgs of 'done. The valuim should put you in a nice relaxed state of mind to allow the'done to fully take hold. If you dont have stomache issues, try to dose everything on a completely empty belly. No food for as long as possible. Then 5-10 minutes after dosing eat something really really small. Just enough so your stomache goes hey wait I need to digest this grunion (small amount) of food. This will get the wheels turning in your belly, and I find it makes whatever hit me quicker. wait 2-4 hours and see how the 'done treats you. If after a solid 4 hours you feel the need for more tread lightly. Keep in mind both drugs have a long ass 1/2 life and will keep you "high" for quite a while. When you are where you want to be, note the doses/ time intervals and do not try to get high on that combo again for at least 24 hours. Any quicker and you risk an OD as both drugs will still be fairly active in your body ofter 24 hours. In fact you'll most likely have a nice "afterglow" and not need to dose again for 36-48 hours after orginally getting high. BTW DO NOT drink on this combo until you have much experience.

:p Good luck and be safe dammitt.

Do not take darvon/darvocet or meperidine with or with any proximity to taking methadone.

Also, do not take methadone with tramadol.

Avoid taking quinoline type anti-biotics (like levaquin) with methadone as they can make its metabolism unpredictable.

If you are a non-tolerant user and are trying to achieve a recreational effect, its quite possible to get sick to your stomach. Cyclizine is a great anti-emetic, meclizine works ok in lieu, and there is a bit of a synergistic effect, or at the very least, additive CNS-depression.

Sleep on your side as to avoid aspirating on your vomit....

Last edited:
Sometimes you'll need to take Methadone a few times to fully get the effects. No idea why, but that seems to be the case with people I know.

Or you could be someone who doesn't get hardly anything off Methadone. Sucks to be you! ;) Methadone is definitely my favorite. I've done most opiates, some daily for weeks, with only a few day breaks where I couldn't get shit, for years, and still I just love taking ONE 'done. The 8 hour day at work is AWESOME on 'dones.... well that's the thing, anything is awesome on 'dones, but when you're not on them, ehhh,, kinda sucks. Blah, that's opiates for ya.

blacklabel said:
Sometimes you'll need to take Methadone a few times to fully get the effects. No idea why, but that seems to be the case with people I know.

I think you are right. Each time I have it I seem to respond better to it.

I took 20mgs yesterday morning and the day flew by. I felt more contented than normal.

I took another 20mgs this morning and have come to work 2 hours early to get stuck into a project that I have been putting off for ages! It's quite a motivating drug too!

I still get an annoying dizzyness off it though, I wonder if getting some motion/travel sickness tablets may help? I will definatly look into the meds the previous poster suggested - thanks for the tips.

One more question - Based on the fact that I have taken 20mgs thursday and friday, what dose should I try on saturday?

As I said in my previous post, i will be out with a load of drinkers ( i will not be drinking booze) and i want to acheive maximum effects without nodding or puking. I have gone off the idea of taking it with valium - i need to be talkative not too sedated.

D's said:
Do not mix Xanax and Methadone//Methadose!! mixing these 2 can cause death!!

I got my hands on sum 40mg methadose, they are sorta hard to swallow, so i just parachute them. im sure u can disolve it in water.

-D

they are desighned to be dissolved in water first.

I suggest you parachute it. (crush and put in a peice of tissue paper then swallow)

10mg should have you feeling golden for 12-18 hours easy, but not 'fucked up' or 'nodding' it just makes you feel fucking divine - like bliss in a little pill.

psychetool said:
I suggest you parachute it. (crush and put in a peice of tissue paper then swallow)

10mg should have you feeling golden for 12-18 hours easy, but not 'fucked up' or 'nodding' it just makes you feel fucking divine - like bliss in a little pill.

The guy just said he had taken 20mgs the past couple of days and felt 'contented'.

Would parachuting 1omg really make him feel golden?

I have very little experience with methadone but I would think to get a decent buzz he would need to up the dosage slightly. Maybe 30 or 40 mgs?

Anyone with more experience wish to comment?