• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone and methamphetamine

hot&cold

Greenlighter
im on mmt- heroin addiction, now what happens if swim smokes a point of ice at 2pm, then 7pm he needs to take his daily dose of methadone (40mg)

havent smoke meth on it so yeah, will the comedowns be easy??

Hey, we don't use SWIM here.

What will happen if you take your methadone while high on methamphetamine? Yea pretty much an easier comedown, and diminished effects from the methadone since it's a CNS depressant and the methamp is a CNS stimulant so you won't be feeling the full depressant affects from the methadone if part of it is going towards lowering the stimulating affects of the meth.

ok cheers for the super fast reply, what do you mean diminished effects from the methadone??

Your methadone will still be "working" though, as far as opioid agonism goes.

aw man i thought i'd feel sedated, calm low heart rate etc... you know the nod.

oh wells i can always potentiate it with weed. thanks every1 enjoy your drug parties/sessions
Oh and thanks your replying every1, its my first post and damn i feel cool already :D

It really depends, but I'm sort of inclined to believe that you'll feel your methadone dose just fine-it might be mildly diminished but it will definitely ease the comedown, and I've always thought the two had a strange synergy-sometime speed, when timed right increases the 'nod' with methadone.

^
I agree stimulants and opiates are an unpredictable mix and sometimes (low doses) the stimulant will increase opiate effects as well as excretion. Never had this with methamp though it's so strong that it's almost impossible to temper it with opiates , I remember going going through 6 fentanyl shots to calm me down and i still went into psychosis at the end of the night.

I'm on MMT and have smoked meth a few times on it, come downs were a bit easier, n I felt my methadone acted the same, I mean I SLEPT on meth so hey that's gotta say something! I like to add in some additional shots of H to the mix. I feel if you smoke the meth first than shoot the H it intensifies the H , for me anyways! Best of luck experimenting! Be safe n have fun :)

I definitely agree that a disproportionately larger dose of a stimulant will over power the effects of an opiate (I remember trying to knock myself out when I was tweaking off MDPV by shooting massive amounts of Oxymorphone to no avail), especially if there hasn't been that many hours between taking each drug. But IME the amphetamine family seems to work better with opiates than drugs like MDPV or Methylphenidate, the only reason Cocaine is commonly combined with smack is because its so incredibly short acting. Both Methamphetamine and Dextroamphetamine also are capable of masking opiate withdrawals incredibly well for me, far better (at least with Methamphetamine) than benzodiazepines do-though I should also mention, when you start to crash from speed while simultaneously withdrawing from opiates, you're in for one hell of a nasty ride.

I was talking actually about this to Tricomb the other night, and he told me that on certain occasions stimulants were actually administered alongside Opiates in clinical settings in order to increase the efficacy of analgesia-I don't have the reference, but if Tricomb comes on I bet he could find it.

there you go! Thanks for that ryand123, and for the record, I'm not trying to say that stimulants always increase the effects of opiates-before anyone makes that assumption-I'm just saying that they sometimes do, though you really got to get your ratio's down right. If someone's looking to potentiate opiates my first suggestion would not be methamphetamine basically, lol.

I was talking actually about this to Tricomb the other night, and he told me that on certain occasions stimulants were actually administered alongside Opiates in clinical settings in order to increase the efficacy of analgesia-I don't have the reference, but if Tricomb comes on I bet he could find it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3097695
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3262211
http://digitool.library.mcgill.ca/webclient/StreamGate?folder_id=0&dvs=1369129132122~81
http://www.practicalpainmanagement....l/opioids/simultaneous-use-stimulants-opioids

BingeBoy, that paper says that morphine combined with low doses of amphetamine = potentiation of amphetamine. But morphine plus bigger doses of amphetamine = morphine cancels out some of the effects.

Thanks for that sekio correlates to my experiences but I could never have deducted this from the article on my own

Ok guys thanks for all the reply :)

yeah the comedowns are nothing to me anymore, on methadone you wont get psychosis n shit. i also slept easy, very easy.

i had a point of best quality ice (very clean) to myself and finished at 8pm, i then stayed up till 3 which i took doxylamine succinate (restavit) and man i fell a sleep by 4am. How great is that? before using H and methadone i would stay up for atleast 30 hours (full crazy scattered n shit) before i can naturally sleep.

Oh and yes when ur on methamp, and then you do h, it actually potentiate the opiate buzz. Very nice nod and nice sedation. Great combo only when used as comedown. It really takes away the psychosis, paranoia and all that shit with the meth comedowns.

Oh and yes when ur on methamp, and then you do h, it actually potentiate the opiate buzz. Very nice nod and nice sedation. Great combo only when used as comedown. It really takes away the psychosis, paranoia and all that shit with the meth comedowns.

Not for me. Stim usage always dulls whatever opiates I do afterwards.