• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth

Yeah honestly I usually dont need most of that stuff. Good shit should burn pretty clean leaving a very faint brown/ black residue that won't stick and wipes away easily. As long as there are no contaminates, you shouldn't really need to "scrape" anything. To avoid contamination- If I pick up a dropped shard it gets put aside till the end or thrown in another bowl someone already torched to hell ;) it's not worth risking it.

Full disclosure, I haven't perfected taking hits with the torch just yet so the only time I use it is to melt a fresh bowl, clear the fog from the top of the bubble if I can't see, or melt residue down the stem.

If the gear gets dark from first melt, I know I didn't burn it and its probably probably cut/contaminate. If it gets dark after a few hits its getting burned (could be damaged glass or user error). If halfway through your sack, a bowl randomly and instantly bubbles and turns black- you probably should've kept that "shard" to the side..... whenever I see those issues start to occur I cool the pipe completely and use whatever I have (dry q-tip without the cotton/ coffee stirrer) to gently loosen it from the pipe, then dump or set aside till the end if it's still workable. I do not keep burning something that isn't responding correctly- it will only become more difficult to clean out, taste disgusting, burn your mouth, and screw up your pipe....plus it gives me or my friend something to fuck with when we fiend.

Inspect the bubble for damage and wipe any dark residue with a moistened q-tip (preferably bottled water- tap water and saliva can and will leave its own residue).
* if cotton and water is not enough I will dip the q-tip and ashes and that will usually clean anything hard to get. Same for the outside of the piece. No need to damage your piece trying to clean the wrong side of the glass

* to clear the foggy residue along stem you can usually clear it enough to see by blowing cigarette smoke through the piece. No heat neccessary but you'll want to do this before cleaning and repacking otherwise it'll flavor your gear.

When it's time to collect what's gathered in the stem I apply even heat with the torch. Enough residue and you can melt that right back into the bubble. If there's not enough, you'll see little droplets form and I'll assume you're just trying to get what you can - sooo leave em. Dont try to move em they'll just burn up. Allow pipe to cool COMPLETELY. The stem is much thicker glass than the bubble so it'll take a few min.

Once its totally cool hold pipe with bubble end down, stem straight up and cover the carb. Then use a slurpee straw (has scoop shape at one end) to scrape the stem and residue will fall into bowl, hard to reach spots I just use a flexible scraper that won't scratch the piece. At this point I add anything I had set aside for the end.

* the slurpee straw is also great for transfering bottom of the bag shit from bag to bowl without getting gear along the side
* if I use the torch to burn residue it is only because the above didn't work because somewhere along the way contamination occurred and it's the very last thing I do before putting it all up.

Sorry for the long ass post I'm sure you're well aware of most of that I just wanted to put it out there for those that may not.

Pipe not bulb. Foil sucks. Make sure every part inside and out is dry , don’t breathe in the pipe and smoke in dry ventilated air away from humidity. With any moisture in it the meth will stick all over