• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth wash which is better Acetone or Methanol?? Need Step by Step on how to wash my meth in detail please so I won't be able to mess it up.

Well I haven't tried it yet cuz I wanted to verify that was the correct acetone. I think I'm gonna do a quick wash with the alcohol to get out any man if there is any. Then I will try it.
Alcohol will dissolve meth and MSM.again u can't use it.methanol also dissolves 15g/litre of salt so u can't seperate that either.forget alcohols.u have the correct acetone.
Again any acetone that is 99.9% or above is the right stuff. stick to that.

Last edited:
Well I haven't tried it yet cuz I wanted to verify that was the correct acetone. I think I'm gonna do a quick wash with the alcohol to get out any man if there is any. Then I will try it.
U had the right acetone.so how did it go after the acetone wash?

Yes, anhydrous acetone wash works for cleaning meth as it works for cocaine and MDMA. Just be sure it is 100 % anhydrous acetone and freshly opened bottle because it will quickly absorb moisture from air and won't be anhydrous anymore.
Yes, anhydrous acetone wash works for cleaning meth as it works for cocaine and MDMA. Just be sure it is 100 % anhydrous acetone and freshly opened bottle because it will quickly absorb moisture from air and won't be anhydrous anymore.
On washes using the same container of acetone you can return it to an anhydrous state by adding Epsom salts to remove the water. Just have to remove moisture from the Epsom in the oven

Sorry new to navigating these forums. I do the acetone washes as long as it's anhydrous. If you suspect moisture bake some Epsom salts and mix with the acetone you are going to use to wash product.

I would just take the L, salt is not going to hurt you or your pipe, and if you fuck up a wash then you're out of luck.

Normally acetone washes are used to get some cuts out of meth, unfortunately as Misanthrobbing points out, sodium chloride (salt) is not soluble in acetone so an acetone wash will not remove it.

Methanol on the other hand will dissolve both the meth.HCl as well as some salt. Plus, it's toxic so that's not good.

If you are dead set on doing something then my reckoning is you should try isopropyl alcohol 99% (not 91% or 70% - those have water, which will dissolve salt and bring us back to square 1). Mix and warm it gently, that should dissolve the meth and not the salt, filter it to seperate, and you can evaporate the alcohol with gentle heating and airflow to reclaim your goodies.

If you have a small amount and are not confident in your chemistry skills, then don't bother unless you are feeling the need to do some Science Experiments.
Negative, senior. Since the solubility of meth changes considerably depending on the temperature of the isopropanol, one should heat the iso to just under boiling, saturate the hot liquid with dope, and force crystals to form through cooling. Best way to purify that I've found. Works very well.

Okay so alcohol 99% thats the first time I've heard of that. I'd why but i always heard to use acetone and i just got the kind for nails which i wondered if that was the right kind even. So the stuff I already washed in acetone is it bad now or can I still smoke it or snort it or eat it? I really don't want to die so I need someone to respond that 1000% knows forsure I used ONYX professional nail polish remover 100% pure acetone.
Was the acetone that you mentioned (currently I'm unfamiliar with the brand) denatured? Nail polish remover, as well as the acetone that's packaged in plastic bottles contain a denatured solution/solvent that will heighten the risk of destroying the product to be cleaned

Was the acetone that you mentioned (currently I'm unfamiliar with the brand) denatured? Nail polish remover, as well as the acetone that's packaged in plastic bottles contain a denatured solution/solvent that will heighten the risk of destroying the product to be cleaned
Do you know what its called? I only knew of Bitrex being in drug store acetone.