• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth wash which is better Acetone or Methanol?? Need Step by Step on how to wash my meth in detail please so I won't be able to mess it up.

Trouble_769

Greenlighter
This is the last of my batch and it appears that it was cut with salt. I'm furious because this person I got it from assured me it was good clean stuff. And at first it was fire now I'm down to the end and there is definitely salt in it. I don't believe anyone should cut any drug! I search for quality and only want quality, I don't understand why it's so hard to find a dealer that also cares about quality over everything else too. Anyway I need details on how to wash it, I'm broke atm and this is my last stuff so I can risk fucking it up. Can someone please help me out with that asap? I read to use methanol and then I see to use acetone. Is that just regular acetone from Walmart that is located by other nail polish removers? Which is better and is there an idiot proof way? lol. You can pm me or reply on here. Thank you!

I don't think acetone will work as I THINK sodium chloride (which I THINK is normal table salt) is insoluble in acetone

You should wait for someone with better (any) chemistry knowledge to chime in before making any decisions though

Well shit I already did it but I've been nervous to try it yet. And thankfully I didn't wash all my stuff I just tried it out on a g.

I don't think there'll be any problem other than the salt will still be in it. Also, hopefully you made it to a hardware store and got the proper acetone and not the nail polish remover stuff which I THINK is often less pure and has other junk in it.

I guess just make sure it's dry and there isn't any acetone laying around open or fumes as it's super flammable :)

I would just take the L, salt is not going to hurt you or your pipe, and if you fuck up a wash then you're out of luck.

Normally acetone washes are used to get some cuts out of meth, unfortunately as Misanthrobbing points out, sodium chloride (salt) is not soluble in acetone so an acetone wash will not remove it.

Methanol on the other hand will dissolve both the meth.HCl as well as some salt. Plus, it's toxic so that's not good.

If you are dead set on doing something then my reckoning is you should try isopropyl alcohol 99% (not 91% or 70% - those have water, which will dissolve salt and bring us back to square 1). Mix and warm it gently, that should dissolve the meth and not the salt, filter it to seperate, and you can evaporate the alcohol with gentle heating and airflow to reclaim your goodies.

If you have a small amount and are not confident in your chemistry skills, then don't bother unless you are feeling the need to do some Science Experiments.

Okay so alcohol 99% thats the first time I've heard of that. I'd why but i always heard to use acetone and i just got the kind for nails which i wondered if that was the right kind even. So the stuff I already washed in acetone is it bad now or can I still smoke it or snort it or eat it? I really don't want to die so I need someone to respond that 1000% knows forsure I used ONYX professional nail polish remover 100% pure acetone.

Very likely nothing at all happened, you gained nothing but lost nothing too.
If the stuff is dry and does not smell strongly of acetone it's fine to take.

Actually, acetone is a natural product of metabolism, people who go on keto diets can smell of it on their breath... so while it is toxic at some level it is one of the least nasty solvents. A few mL will not kill you. (actually, I've washed my hands in the stuff before with only dry skin as a side effect)

Also note, isopropyl alcohol is sold as "rubbing alcohol" and not the same thing as ethyl alcohol (Everclear, grain alcohol) or methanol (methylated spirits, wood alcohol)

I don't think acetone will work as I THINK sodium chloride (which I THINK is normal table salt) is insoluble in acetone

You should wait for someone with better (any) chemistry knowledge to chime in before making any decisions though
Correct.yet everytime a tiny amount of salt comes over in the acetone.it might be sodium iodide (which is acetone soluble) and not sodium chloride.both would be trace contaminates in meth and cathinones.generally salt isn't a big impurity.its present only in trace amounts.

Okay so alcohol 99% thats the first time I've heard of that. I'd why but i always heard to use acetone and i just got the kind for nails which i wondered if that was the right kind even. So the stuff I already washed in acetone is it bad now or can I still smoke it or snort it or eat it? I really don't want to die so I need someone to respond that 1000% knows forsure I used ONYX professional nail polish remover 100% pure acetone.
If it says it 99.9% or 100% acetone it's the right stuff.the wrong stuff doesn't say that and it has other shit in it.the nail polish remover part isn't important.

This is the last of my batch and it appears that it was cut with salt. I'm furious because this person I got it from assured me it was good clean stuff. And at first it was fire now I'm down to the end and there is definitely salt in it. I don't believe anyone should cut any drug! I search for quality and only want quality, I don't understand why it's so hard to find a dealer that also cares about quality over everything else too. Anyway I need details on how to wash it, I'm broke atm and this is my last stuff so I can risk fucking it up. Can someone please help me out with that asap? I read to use methanol and then I see to use acetone. Is that just regular acetone from Walmart that is located by other nail polish removers? Which is better and is there an idiot proof way? lol. You can pm me or reply on here. Thank you!
Can u taste salt in it? Does it leave a white residue after smoking?

Okay I understand no methanol. And I feel it, salt dries my fingers when I touch it. Also have had a couple people complain there was salt in it. They said it just popped around in their bubble and wouldn't dissolve

Yes, anhydrous acetone wash works for cleaning meth as it works for cocaine and MDMA. Just be sure it is 100 % anhydrous acetone and freshly opened bottle because it will quickly absorb moisture from air and won't be anhydrous anymore.

Anyone knks where I can find 99% isopropyl alcohol? Cuz 91% is the only one I can seem to find.