• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth injection: need help for proper grip!

Hey, I never said "Don't do drugs."
I was just suggesting, from experience, that IV may not be the best ROA for meth.
To each his own.

Ok here's what u do. Get a key ring take it and split it like u would to put a key on it and put the plunger end in the split and then u can put your finger in it and draw back with one finger. Or try pulling back one plunger before you get in the vain but after you break the skin that way as soon as you hit the vain you can push the plunger and not worry trying to flag your shot and end up moving and coming out of vain

If you hold it in the right grip first and pull back on the plunger as soon as you break through the skin you'll find that your hand will already be in the correct position. By this I mean you actually set up your hand positioning in a way that means you dont actually need to shift much if at all. It takes a bit to get used to this but I can almost guarantee you're probably doing it the noob way which is you're just holding the needle for breaking the skin, going until you hit a vein, then fiddling around with the plunger. It's why many people miss.

I can hit myself 95% of the time, first time I go even though my hands shake a fair bit. The area I lack skill in is choosing the correct angle more than anything else but I've also got some luck in that when I get the right angle, I actually have to insert the needle basically all the way to the barrel to hit the vein by keeping it pretty flat so there's not really much ability for it to slip out.

Practice with some saline if you can, just inject that for a bit after you mess around figuring out which position you should start with. It's really important to be pulling back as you go in, I don't know how so many people don't know about this aspect of injecting but the last couple of people I've used around just seem to go fishing. Pulling back means that as soon as you hit the vein, you'll automatically register and if your hand is already in the correct position for pushing then you don't need to adjust the grip, you can just go.

It is admittedly really awkward hand positioning initially but trust me you want to adapt to it. Doing it the other way just results in sticking yourself and slipping out more often than not.

@Eligiu hey can I please have some advice? I do exactly what you are saying but the needle doesn’t register while pushing in. Only while pulling out it will register but when tying ti inject it hurts extremely bad so I’m guessing I’m going through the vein. But I can’t understand why it won’t register as soon as I hit the vein instead of on the way out.

@Eligiu hey can I please have some advice? I do exactly what you are saying but the needle doesn’t register while pushing in. Only while pulling out it will register but when tying ti inject it hurts extremely bad so I’m guessing I’m going through the vein. But I can’t understand why it won’t register as soon as I hit the vein instead of on the way out.
At the base of the needle there is a round area the plungers goes into, if you put your thumb and pointer finger half on the plunger and half onto the syringe body and squeeze you will be able to get a slight vacuum