• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth injection: need help for proper grip!

HologramHooligan

Greenlighter
Hi all, I've just started injecting meth after needing someone to "nurse/doctor" me off and on for years. So far, my biggest challenge is after I've stuck myself, transferring my fingers on the needle from the grip I use to poke, to the proper grip I need to pull back the plunger. The way I'm doing it now, I can't pull the back the plunger! It's so frustrating.
Does anyone have a photo/video/drawing to illustrate this???

Thanks so much!

*Also, I'm 45, I love drugs, been doing them forever, so, keep any "don't inject/don't do meth" advice to yourself . Peace

Last edited:
Good morning! So you're saying once you poke thru and you're ready to draw back but are having trouble making the adjustment... Yeah its gonna be tricky for a bit, but you'll get there...

I'm thinking of what I could suggest without actually being there that may help...

I've injected a lot of drugs (including meth) in the past and I gotta say that I just don't recommend shooting meth. If you miss, it's a bitch. If you need that quick rush, smoke it or plug it. It's damn near as good and far less risky.

Hi all, I've just started injecting meth after needing someone to "nurse/doctor" me off and on for years. So far, my biggest challenge is after I've stuck myself, transferring my fingers on the needle from the grip I use to poke, to the proper grip I need to pull back the plunger. The way I'm doing it now, I can't pull the back the plunger! It's so frustrating.
Ok so I thought of what freaked me out the most about doing the entire prep and injection all alone...
I was always soooo tripped out about moving the needle one tiny bit because it was inthe skin/vein already and it may hurt or do damage-so as a result of my focusing --well pretty much all I had on NOT judging thw needle, I couldn't do shit otherwise lol... If this situation sounds familiar, I want you to insert the needle enough til its draw back time... Then lay the needle down across your arm

Ok so I thought of what freaked me out the most about doing the entire prep and injection all alone...
I was always soooo tripped out about moving the needle one tiny bit because it was inthe skin/vein already and it may hurt or do damage-so as a result of my focusing --well pretty much all I had on NOT judging thw needle, I couldn't do shit otherwise lol... If this situation sounds familiar, I want you to insert the needle enough til its draw back time... Then lay the needle down across your arm
What I want you to realize, is that needle is just fine--sticking in your vein and hanging... This will prove to yourself it's alright for the needle to move a little if needed...

What I want you to realize, is that needle is just fine--sticking in your vein and hanging... This will prove to yourself it's alright for the needle to move a little if needed...
Lol... Sorry, some words are messed up I noticed in my post 🤦😂.. Just so you're not confused-it will take a couple times of slow and easy... Always remember, you shouldn't ever put yourself in a place where you are hiding it (shooting up) from whoever and decide too rush the shot the shot anyway... I say that because out of shooting up for 23 years, I always found myself in a stressful spot that I had to keep an ear out or an eye out for a fanily member who is naive to. The new route of admin.. That happened probably for 1/3 to maybe 1/2 of all shots over 23 years...im such a dummy... But hey thats what addicts do... Just try your best to avoid it

Good morning! So you're saying once you poke thru and you're ready to draw back but are having trouble making the adjustment... Yeah its gonna be tricky for a bit, but you'll get there...

I'm thinking of what I could suggest without actually being there that may help...
ok thanks!

wow, really??? ok that's awesome then. I definitely am way too "precious" with handling it. Thanks for this

Does anyone have a photo/video/drawing to illustrate this???

Thanks so much!

*Also, I'm 45, I love drugs, been doing them forever, so, keep any "don't inject/don't do meth" advice to yourself . Peace

Hey I'll be 45 next month! How cool... As far as a drawing or whatever, search YouTube... I heard there are a hundred videos to show techniqie

Lol... Sorry, some words are messed up I noticed in my post 🤦😂.. Just so you're not confused-it will take a couple times of slow and easy... Always remember, you shouldn't ever put yourself in a place where you are hiding it (shooting up) from whoever and decide too rush the shot the shot anyway... I say that because out of shooting up for 23 years, I always found myself in a stressful spot that I had to keep an ear out or an eye out for a fanily member who is naive to. The new route of admin.. That happened probably for 1/3 to maybe 1/2 of all shots over 23 years...im such a dummy... But hey thats what addicts do... Just try your best to avoid it
Thanks, but no it's cool, I live alone and there's nobody rushing me.

man, I already feel so much more confident about it from this. Cheers

wow, really??? ok that's awesome then. I definitely am way too "precious" with handling it. Thanks for this
Absolutely.. And Then what I remember doing was trying a couple different grips on the shaft stable using thumb pinky and ring finger.. Then once your still with that grip in place-use the pointer and your bird finger to pull back

Absolutely.. And Then what I remember doing was trying a couple different grips on the shaft stable using thumb pinky and ring finger.. Then once your still with that grip in place-use the pointer and your bird finger to pull back
The grip that will bring you success will surely take a little practice --its awkward as fuck doing it for the first time ...

I've injected a lot of drugs (including meth) in the past and I gotta say that I just don't recommend shooting meth. If you miss, it's a bitch. If you need that quick rush, smoke it or plug it. It's damn near as good and far less risky.
I kept waiting for the second part of your reply to appear, when you get to the part where you respond to my post. No?

ok cool

The grip that will bring you success will surely take a little practice --its awkward as fuck doing it for the first time ...
amazing, I'm gonna practice a bit just handling a capped rig. (Don't ask why I never thought of this before!)

I kept waiting for the second part of your reply to appear, when you get to the part where you respond to my post. No?
I'm pretty sure a pic wouldn't be allowed in this chat, otherwise id take a pic right now of my grip and post one so you can see how mine looks..

These replies are going to random other boxes I see lol.. I dunno wtf is going on...its in one of the other message boxes for sure..
Oh shit! You're the same guy! Lol wow. Ok my bad. I thought the "don't do drugs" message was from someone different. Sorry! I appreciate the well-intentioned deterence speech, but respectfully, I am consciously doing this. I'm 45, so by now, I know what I like and what I can handle. So don't feel guilty! I'm not some fresh little daisy you're corrupting :) You're just helping a fellow traveller

Oh shit! You're the same guy! Lol wow. Ok my bad. I thought the "don't do drugs" message was from someone different. Sorry! I appreciate the well-intentioned deterence speech, but respectfully, I am consciously doing this. I'm 45, so by now, I know what I like and what I can handle. So don't feel guilty! I'm not some fresh little daisy you're corrupting :) You're just helping a fellow traveller
No no let's be clear on that one--it wasn't me🤙