• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth induced panic attack?

Foxycotton

Greenlighter
The past 48 hours SWIM and a friend have snorted about half a gram of meth a piece or a little under. Around 5 pm, SWIM snorted her last line which was a pretty big chunk. Shortly after, she became very nauseas. SWIM had to pull her car over and throw up. It relieved her nausea for a good 10 minutes and then came back. After that she forced herself to throw up, but it still didn't feel any better. So she went home, took anti nausea medication, smoked a bowl of weed, ate an apple pie (only thing she's had in 2 days.) and had a little bit of peptolbismo. Still feeling very nauseas SWIM went to sleep on her bed, but she woke up to her heart pounding very hard and fast against her chest. She couldn't breathe, it was the most terrifying thing SWIM ever experienced. Her brothers seemed to instantly know she was having a panic attack, one of them took SWIM's heart rate and blood pressure and they seemed normal. SWIM was hyperventilating and couldn't breathe. She really thought she was dying, she was crying to my brothers to take me to the hospital because she was scared. Should she still go? Is she okay? Was this just a panic attack?

Something similar happened to me back in 2012, I think at some point the brain will find sleep after heavy use (shitty sleep) but waking up still spun can induce a panic like state, it just means there is still meth in your system. Drink plenty of fluids and try not to redose to 'feel better'. You got to flush your system and eat!!! If the symptoms persist in a day or two something else may be going on. But from the sound of it you will be ok. Find some good head space and try and relax
Best of luck to you
PS, you don't need to use SWIM at this site (FYI)

You did too much at once... that happened to me before, actually every single time I would do too much.. um just next time perhaps snap the chunk so you can just save some for later. The thing is you never know the potency of it til you try it, cuz it can look the same n be crappy but be like 10x stronger.. be careful o_O

She's probably fine, just recovering/anticipating the next type of experience... These bass booster type of experience tend to not be that harmful unless one has pre-existing conditions, and set the tolerance for later high dose experiences, at least IME.

She's probably fine, just recovering/anticipating the next type of experience... These bass booster type of experience tend to not be that harmful unless one has pre-existing conditions, and set the tolerance for later high dose experiences, at least IME.
I was a IV meth user, so panic attacks were the expected norm from large shots

Yep, I feel it. I can't say that I necessarily crave a big shot at all anymore, but just cravin smoking a bit on foil or a hit or two from a pipe.. ugh X_X at least now eating food, having drinks somewhat takes care of it. Trying to cut out drinks as well, soon.

Yep, I feel it. I can't say that I necessarily crave a big shot at all anymore, but just cravin smoking a bit on foil or a hit or two from a pipe.. ugh X_X at least now eating food, having drinks somewhat takes care of it. Trying to cut out drinks as well, soon.
Drinks as in alcohol to help with the comedown?

Amen. ?. And if they didnt come it was #### ##. . My anxiety from crystal methamphetamine was horrible. Id break down and cry or go into rage mode. Or id sit stuck all damn day falling apart alone. And literally crying because I needed a shot.. . Ah... Memory lane. Then id be down to do anything..... My formula.... Simply figured it out. Downers you gotta do a bit of an upper I found to make high enjoyable. And eliminate panic attacks. And dope sickness. Uppers gotta do a bit of a downer mine was Black Tar Heroin. Same effect. Just dont lose your mind.. . Meth induced psychosis is never fun. Ive found.... You basically OD. Which isnt a bad thing with meth.... I expect it.

I wish I could help... But these days.... Im broken myself. Half a G is a nice dose... I just iv.... Or smoke. Always both.. But i like to do 2-3 iv doses in a row to just get strung out on Crystal Meth. Literally eyes roll back. Just anxiety and all the emotional and mental turmoil are gone... Usually just binge hard 2-3 x a week though. But. My dose is a Gram or 2..... Im getting sicker. Stop now..... Or learn to say YET. "I dont shoot up and wont ever try it." (YET). Im 5 years deep in my own mess.. Gotta say i love it.. Have I gone mad.. Yes... But. I did get over my fear of needles once i injected the first time... Now can jab all day.... 10x max though iv a day not proud at all. Scared.. But accepted my fate.. But just hours poking trying to be steady enough to pull back.. And not miss the shot.. . I get shakey without.... Or just before dosing... Heed my warning... You probably think im kidding... But im not ?????????????

Amen. ?. And if they didnt come it was #### ##. . My anxiety from crystal methamphetamine was horrible. Id break down and cry or go into rage mode. Or id sit stuck all damn day falling apart alone. And literally crying because I needed a shot.. . Ah... Memory lane. Then id be down to do anything..... My formula.... Simply figured it out. Downers you gotta do a bit of an upper I found to make high enjoyable. And eliminate panic attacks. And dope sickness. Uppers gotta do a bit of a downer mine was Black Tar Heroin. Same effect. Just dont lose your mind.. . Meth induced psychosis is never fun. Ive found.... You basically OD. Which isnt a bad thing with meth.... I expect it.

I wish I could help... But these days.... Im broken myself. Half a G is a nice dose... I just iv.... Or smoke. Always both.. But i like to do 2-3 iv doses in a row to just get strung out on Crystal Meth. Literally eyes roll back. Just anxiety and all the emotional and mental turmoil are gone... Usually just binge hard 2-3 x a week though. But. My dose is a Gram or 2..... Im getting sicker. Stop now..... Or learn to say YET. "I dont shoot up and wont ever try it." (YET). Im 5 years deep in my own mess.. Gotta say i love it.. Have I gone mad.. Yes. BUT for me Crystal Meth is used to go on a spiritual adventure in my own mind...
I know right? If I didn't get into the oh shit panic mode I figured I didn't do enough and would just fix another shot. Also I'd eat Valium like candy- not to sleep but to be able to go out and not think everyone 'knew' what was up

How are you doing Foxxy?

I'm doing okay. I did lots of Googling last night and have come to the conclusion that the things that must have brought this on are: a, I didn't eat anything and barely drank anything in 48 hours. b, the strong medical marijuana my dad gave me for my nausea (probably from not eating) didn't mix well with my meth comedown and caused it or c, both of those things. Either way, although I've said this a lot, I think I'm gonna kick this habit of mine. I used to be so hard working and motivated before this occasional thing sort of spun out of control. I'm on Prozac now because the depression is unbearable. My entire family uses it and my bestfriend shoots it, so it's really hard to resist but I think it will be much easier after the terrifying experience I had. Thanks y'all for your concerns.

Ah, and my panic attack got 10x worse when I started comparing my symptoms to overdose symptoms.

Drinks as in alcohol to help with the comedown?
Yeah, drinks as in alcohol... not so much to help coming down (its been 2-3 months since I had any meth) but moreso it helps with the fiending.... I guess I *am* still coming down, some days i find really lackluster while others everything seems to be going right for me... what i get out of it has more to do with how/what i choose to put in rather than my dosages of drugs for that day. and idk, it is the anti-thesis to Harm Reduction to recommend this... but the socializing with alcohol, lets you meet new people (can be kind of hard to filter out who has your best interest in mind, a huge thing thats helped me stop is goin out for drinks with friends at a social event or nightclub or whatever... hell can even take a half pinger, a line of coke whatever the context is everything just no more IV meth/bupe/h for me... shit damn near killed me I dont know how many times!!), extra calories, mixes good with cannabis, makes me hungrier than cannabis on its own, all of that makes it a really good "substitute" for meth + subs for me.. My body is weird though, sometimes if I have enough alcohol on a full stomach (perhaps 2 or 3 32oz 5-6% beers) I don't feel it until like 3 hours later when smoking some cannabis. Other times a half of a 32oz is enough to get me the buzz i desire. Lasts about an hour or two max, with higher doses sending me to sleep and of course keep extra hydrated, and not in the morning/afternoon... I kind of figured that for me personally I need to retrace mysteps and if I want to not use and permanently stop fiending then I have to go out the way I came in, which was weed/alcohol...

I'm doing okay. I did lots of Googling last night and have come to the conclusion that the things that must have brought this on are: a, I didn't eat anything and barely drank anything in 48 hours. b, the strong medical marijuana my dad gave me for my nausea (probably from not eating) didn't mix well with my meth comedown and caused it or c, both of those things. Either way, although I've said this a lot, I think I'm gonna kick this habit of mine. I used to be so hard working and motivated before this occasional thing sort of spun out of control. I'm on Prozac now because the depression is unbearable. My entire family uses it and my bestfriend shoots it, so it's really hard to resist but I think it will be much easier after the terrifying experience I had. Thanks y'all for your concerns.

Ah, and my panic attack got 10x worse when I started comparing my symptoms to overdose symptoms.
What happened was you simply took too much meth... the panic attack whilst you were high as well as on the comedown, just your body basically telling you that it cannot possibly deal with the barrage of stimulation you threw at it so it basically shuts down for a bit.

What happened was you simply took too much meth... the panic attack whilst you were high as well as on the comedown, just your body basically telling you that it cannot possibly deal with the barrage of stimulation you threw at it so it basically shuts down for a bit.
If there is a next time titrate your doses up, start small and work your way up, you can always do a tiny bit more OP, again be safe Foxy

* always try to smoke a small amount at first with a new batch, see how it melts, how does it freeze back up, the time it takes also how does it look is it more like a clear puddle that freezes on itself (may be a feather like "wave" in certain parts of a bag / really depends on the pipes thickness tbh) or like someone literally took a baseball at a window but didn't successfully smash through, with the cracks and kind of everything spread out from a certain point but the cracks all running parallel, does it burn clear etc all of these things will help you gauge not only potency but if its clean enough to put in your arm... because both of those version i just described will smoke up similarly and have a similar-ish rush from a hit or three... but one of them IV you will barely feel any rush and just feel geeked for the rest of the day/night, other one will have you blasted out of your socks and spun the fuck out for at least 24-48hrs. comparing the potencies and dosages really allows one to have a better time because then you can tailor other things about the experience. sometimes really strong is good, othertimes i just wanted to puff something stimulating and still go to bed late that night.

. if you prefer sniffing then start with a key bump. a good way ive found is, keep those little button bags (the one attached to shirts that has 1-2 extra buttons in it, or perhaps from a shop), only carry 1 of those, and you can put a shard or chunk of a shard inside it and theyre thick enough that even for dense chunks can crush it up with the side of a lighter. may have to crush, kinda shake around/spread out the crushed (seemingly powder but really still tiny sharp chunks) and keep doing that until it stops crunching upon applying pressure.

Idk, not trying to say how to get high, but once I figured this out the shooting and sniffing was WAY easier to manage compoared to just putting a chunk on a table and crusshing it with a credit card or weaiting for it to dissolve/crushing with back of the syringe, and then having wet meth chunks shoot across the room :/ bad news anyway ya slice it lol

I know it seems like unnecessary and whatnot, but you really really want to avoid these types of panic experiences, otherwise it eventually ruins the drug and this will happen every single time, even with smaller doses..

Last edited:
Bro you need to stop you are a gorgeous man. I smoke but trynna quit. I know you can do it. Have faith bro. I know tje feeling is almost worth it until you wake up and its too late.

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm new to meth (relatively) and last week I did a little bump (so I thought) and fucked the fuck up... I went to work, which I have done before, but this time I couldn't breath, chest pounding, hyperventilating, it was awful. I thought for sure that I had done too much. I left work without even clocking in. I sat in my car trying to calm down. I checked my bp (cuz you know that I meth obsessed about my bp and took a personal bp cuff with me wherever the hell I go now) so, since that obviously didn't make things better, I drove to the closest hospital, lips going numb, feeling like I'm going to pass out and kill myself and everyone else on the road... I pull up and honk!!! like in the movies, the came out, security parked my car and they took me in, IV (but nothing in it) rebreather mask, told me yes, it's a panic attack, no, I'm not dying. It's ok, very legit, nurse had one himself recently, their terrifying blah blah blah. Dr comes back and says ok, well, your urine showed up pos for marijuana and amphetamines. QUIT DOING THAT! LOL Like she was my cool aunt or something. Won't be so cool when she tells my Dr. but I stopped that day. I've done Benzedrex inhalers for over two years and never had that problem, never fucked off my work so much that they cut my hours back, and certainly didn't have aggressive behaviour or electric brain shocks on the inhalers or "cottons" as I like to call them. So, I've been off work for a week now and go back Saturday...I have slept, eaten, slept and eaten some more and HUGE fights with my husband. I have to say that I'm addict enough that if I didn't have the cottons, I'm sure despite the recent negative consequences, I would go back to the shards and watch my life go down the toilet...which is like a short dive off the toilet seat for me...and thats been happening long before I turned and locked onto any drugs... drugs just take the edge off a bit. Need help with the electric brain and the aggression, and I need to take the feedbag off.

Meth induced panic attacked

So swim insuflated around .5 of clean shard and was fine up until swim started doing dishes then bpm got to 147 which scared swim and with breathing swim can stay calm but is worried swims heart will stop bpm is average 100 currently very sweaty hands tingling in teeth hands feet and chest swim is new to this thread and substance any advice on how to calm down would be great also swim snorted another point after dishes assuming swim was coming down but ended up making it worse swim has ativan from alcohol withdrawals left over thank you ahead of time
-Anxious Rabbit