• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth "Ice" in comparison to other Amphetamine

PMS

Bluelighter
Hello,

I'm a long time I.V. amphetamine user. I've been shooting up all kinds of speed,

*white chalky, crystalline, yellow pastes, orange wax, brown goo, grey marzipan, pink rocks-

But have never tried the "meth ice" as you read in american news.

How does it feel/taste in comparison to other kinds of speed? I think I'll try a hit if I ever get the chance.

-Erl

Hey there! I'll bite here. The news media does a great job of confusing the shit out of what is a relatively simply thing. It is all the same shit. People make Methamphetamine by different routes, but the end product is always Methamphetamine, with the different appearance being a result of various inconsistencies in the synthesis of the drug. Perhaps there are impurities or the synthesis was not completed fully. In general Methamphetamine synthesized by a well-learned chemist will come in the form of crystals. The chemical structure of Methamphetamine is ultimately crystalline.

In short, it's all Meth, with purity being the primary difference from sample to sample. Methylated Amphetamine is actually a more facile synthesis than that of Un-Methylated Amphetamines. If someone is trying to tell you that they're Adderall (Racemic Un-Methylated Amphetamines) is different on a philosophical or ethical level, it truly is not. All parties are wanting to increase their level of energy/capabilities/intellect etc. Of course, Methamphetamine is neurotoxic when used in high dosages, which is part of what makes chronic, high-dose Meth use so detrimental.

If I missed anything, let me know my man.

Well, in my experience meth vs adderall per say, meth or 'ice' is stronger in smaller doses and has a general ' better ' feeling but then you take more and 5 days later youre still awake it certainly gives more dopamine/euphoria than typical amps

I’m one of the few people who actually prefer amphetamine paste / sulfate over meth. Give me an adderall script or a bag of amphetamine sulphate any day of the week over meth. I find meth to be much more damaging and toxic, and the high to be much more anxiety and paranoia causing.

Amp > Meth any day.

I can binge on adderall or amp for days on end and as long as I get some good sleep and a good meal I have practically no lasting negative effects

I think OP is talkign about the "EU speed", Amphetamine sulphate, and not about Methamphetamine (US speed).

Hey there! I'll bite here. The news media does a great job of confusing the shit out of what is a relatively simply thing. It is all the same shit. People make Methamphetamine by different routes, but the end product is always Methamphetamine, with the different appearance being a result of various inconsistencies in the synthesis of the drug. Perhaps there are impurities or the synthesis was not completed fully. In general Methamphetamine synthesized by a well-learned chemist will come in the form of crystals. The chemical structure of Methamphetamine is ultimately crystalline.

In short, it's all Meth, with purity being the primary difference from sample to sample. Methylated Amphetamine is actually a more facile synthesis than that of Un-Methylated Amphetamines. If someone is trying to tell you that they're Adderall (Racemic Un-Methylated Amphetamines) is different on a philosophical or ethical level, it truly is not. All parties are wanting to increase their level of energy/capabilities/intellect etc. Of course, Methamphetamine is neurotoxic when used in high dosages, which is part of what makes chronic, high-dose Meth use so detrimental.

If I missed anything, let me know my man.

sure... but I believe that even though two batches of speed are both "amp", they can be very different and have different effects. :)

so I wondered what it feels like to shoot up "ice".

I think OP is talkign about the "EU speed", Amphetamine sulphate, and not about Methamphetamine (US speed).

yes, there are so many different kinds,. Both amphetamine sulphate and methamphetamine. Pink, yellow, white, and different textures and so. And each one of them has their own distinct taste, effects and so on.

As far as subjective effects, I found that amphetamine has much more of a work-oriented push to it. Easy to keep doses low as higher doses bring on really bad side effects (sweaty, muscle pain, tension, bruxism, etc). Definitely my favorite for completing tasks I have been putting off.

Methamphetamine on the other hand is much more pleasure-oriented. I find people often are unknowingly overdosing in a way. Rx methamphetamine is dosed in 10mg tablets and people using street meth may use 50-100mg in one go. It's easy to do because the physical side effects are not as nasty. Not as much of a push as amphetamine. I will find myself playing video games or hyper focusing on meaningless things.

There are exceptions to this of course.

yes, there are so many different kinds,. Both amphetamine sulphate and methamphetamine. Pink, yellow, white, and different textures and so. And each one of them has their own distinct taste, effects and so on.

Regardless of colour is if the only active ingredient is Amphetamine Sulphate or Methamphetamine Hydrocloride the effects will be the same, with purity determining the amount required to obtain desired effects. If the effects are not the same the drug is not the same or is mixed with other active compounds.

meth is much more intense than amphetamine. And it is easier to bump the dose up because it has less peripheral side effects compared to amphetamine mg per mg. i also do not get psychedelic visuals or intense shadow visuals from binging on adderall for days. Nor do I get horny on adderall. Meth? omg. visuals and hallucinations can get so intense even after more than a day of using. and its also the greatest sex/climax ive ever had in my entire life.

Having had both good quality amphetamines and methamphetamine, the latter is by far the more euphoric and fun.
Both can be functional stimulants if you get the dosage right, but both can be fun.
The main difference ive found is, as meth is more euphoric, it's a fair bit more compulsive, so it's harder to keep it as a functional stimulant, cos it's far harder to put down, especially if youre vaping it!

Only tried meth unintentionally. A couple times while I was using amphetamine sulphate (by far my favourite stim) I tested positive for methamphetamine. Not sure why anyone would cut amph with meth when the latter is much more expensive, though? My drug councilor did not believe me that I had taken meth-laced amphetamine for that same reason.
I found with the meth it was a frantic overwhelming feeling of extreme energy like I was jumping and dancing frantically constantly like I couldn't physically get rid of all the energy I was getting. Regular amphetamine did everything I wanted: endless (but tolerable) energy, I never wanted to eat, didn't need to sleep every night, was MUCH happier and more confident and outgoing etc all while mostly functional (until the psychosis sets in after a couple months).

Also, I've never picked at my skin or had delusional parasitosis from amph.

Regardless of colour is if the only active ingredient is Amphetamine Sulphate or Methamphetamine Hydrocloride the effects will be the same, with purity determining the amount required to obtain desired effects. If the effects are not the same the drug is not the same or is mixed with other active compounds.
Sorry, but being a speed junkie for eight years, I'd say there is a major difference in effects, taste and duration- in different kinds of speed.

Let me say what you said, in my own words

Sorry, but being a speed junkie for eight years, I'd say there is a major difference in effects, taste and duration- in different substances bought as speed, that I did not send to a lab to know the active ingredients and their concentration, cuts and impurities.

Two batches of speed are never the same- even bigger is the difference between different types, made from different precursors and so. This is just how it is.

I was just wondering how the meth "Ice" was, seeing it comes in big, transparent shards.

-Erl

There is only one Amphetamine Sulphate, that is a fact.
Please stop spreading misinformation such as different batches of Amphetamines have different effects, it is not the Amphetamine Sulphate having a different effect.
What makes the products sold as as speed different from each other is the fact that it is not pure Amphetamine Sulphate being sold, and what is added to it plus synthesis impurities are what makes them different.

Last edited:
Hey, fellow scandinavian here (finnish), so I know the speed/meth mixes you mean. Having tried pure amph, amph/meth mixes and pure meth (propably baltic) I find pure amphs best, meth second and mixes third.
Shooting pure meth would propably cause a big fucking rush which in itself would be addiction causing.
You said you have been clean in some other thread? If you have adhd think about going to adhd tests. They might even prescribe you with elvanse.

the point I think being missed here is that a different drug is a different drug. There is only pure, impure and completely different.

Look at Cannabis for instance. Its not different kinds of THC producing different effects from batch to batch. Its THC and other separate chemicals.

the point I think being missed here is that a different drug is a different drug. There is only pure, impure and completely different.

Look at Cannabis for instance. Its not different kinds of THC producing different effects from batch to batch. Its THC and other separate chemicals.

If I may add, sometimes a product is a mix/combo of more than one active substances.