• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth. Eyeballing Quantity

You must know of the Stimulant Treatment Program and LIMA study at St. Vincent’s hospital in Sydney? I’m going to assume you do since you’re in that city, but have you ever had any luck with these things? As far as I know Australia is pretty progressive on the ice issue. Whats the climate like for things DRT and ice-specific help nowadays?

@Atelier3

It’s very hard to get into that program - they give preference to youth and aboriginals.

I don’t think Australia is actually very progressive on ice. There are very few publically funded treatment programs and there is a huge public stigma around meth. The police are also pretty unforgiving - they might give a weed or pills user a caution but people busted with meth are always charged.

Before Covid it was $300 a gram - which was still hard to manage. A lot of people buy ounces and then sell enough grams out of it to have plenty for themselves. But that still only works if there are plenty of people buying expensive grams.

The high price encourages scumbags to cut it a lot too.
That’s really, really bad. Here in Canada and in mid-west states the purity is high like in the 90s percentage and the prices are far below that. Especially the States is cheaper. Further east you go and far west as well, the lower the purity gets in States for whatever reason, I learned that today..

The weird thing is that meth busts in Australia before covid were always several hundred kilos so you’d assume there was plenty of supply out there. Seems like someone is making a killing.

It’s very hard to get into that program - they give preference to youth and aboriginals.

I don’t think Australia is actually very progressive on ice. There are very few publically funded treatment programs and there is a huge public stigma around meth. The police are also pretty unforgiving - they might give a weed or pills user a caution but people busted with meth are always charged.
Good to know. Meth is pretty well the demon drug here too. It’s hard to treat too because there isnt much in way of any actual stimulant use disorder treatments. I think some safe supply in British Columbia may give out dex for meth addictions but that’s nowhere near me.