• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth - diplomatic but surefire way to get the house to myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
My curiosity is nowhere near as inappropriate as your desire to cheat your 'partner'.

Get a fuckin grip love...
If you read the thread, "love", you'll learn that we separated some time ago. We don't even live in the same house. A little bit of research before playing Oprah would prevent you from overreaching in the future.

@F.U.B.A.R. I believe the ‘partner’ in this case is not a romantic partner. It’s a business partner who happens to also be an ex-romantic partner. I made the same mistake and thought the same thing about being transparent.

However I’d say in that situation the level of disclosure required is much lower.

Well if he's no.longer a romantic partner she needs to tell him to fuck off and give her some space.

Honestly, I wish I had these first world problems...

In a final attempt to clarify some simple details which i mentioned in my OP but which seem to keep eluding you, I'll emphasise that we remain connected through the business we run together and our two dogs that we share. He's not harassing me or pestering me, we simply have an amicable post-romantic relationship and we work together. He may drop in at any time for any reason and he'd be welcome to. Hence my dilemma.

Here's how that was explained in my OP:

"my partner lives across town with our dogs and we run a business together. It's normal for us to occasionally take a couple of days off once a month to get some rest but those days include messages and calls from work and from my partner and he'll usually drop by after work to say hi."

Hope that sorts it out for you FUBAR. Thanks others for actually reading and providing helpful and relevant advice.

In a final attempt to clarify some simple details which i mentioned in my OP but which seem to keep eluding you, I'll emphasise that we remain connected through the business we run together and our two dogs that we share. He's not harassing me or pestering me, we simply have an amicable post-romantic relationship and we work together. He may drop in at any time for any reason and he'd be welcome to. Hence my dilemma.

Here's how that was explained in my OP:

"my partner lives across town with our dogs and we run a business together. It's normal for us to occasionally take a couple of days off once a month to get some rest but those days include messages and calls from work and from my partner and he'll usually drop by after work to say hi."

Hope that sorts it out for you FUBAR. Thanks others for actually reading and providing helpful and relevant advice.

Jesus, I really do wish I had your problems.

Sounds like wouldnt be issue if you got off your ex' tit lol.
How did you get that idea? All the information provided in the thread indicates the two men in this situation are business partners with some common assets due to their former romantic relationship. There is nothing posted to suggest it is not a relationship of equals. Did I miss a bit?

Sure fire way to get the house to yourself? Start paying for it all yourself. You are no longer romantic with your business partner, there’s no reason he should be paying rent for your property and his own. Tell him you want to move back to dealing with your own bills and having that space as just yours. It’s going to be healthier in the long run.

If that’s not something you wanna bring up just yet then just say, I want to be left undisturbed for a few days at my home. There’s no need for you to give an explanation because you’re an adult and you aren’t romantically linked any longer.

Why does a simple request for some creative ideas to get some personal time to get high in a complicated situation end up having to be a moralistic pile on?

Why does a simple request for some creative ideas to get some personal time to get high in a complicated situation end up having to be a moralistic pile on?
Maybe because it’s really weird that a single adult feels the need to justify having space to himself to someone who he’s not romantically linked to? Maybe OP doesn’t realise he has the right to have his own space and his own time to himself? I dunno. I guess it’s super foreign to me as I wouldn’t even dream of having to ask anyone’s permission to do anything in regards to my own stuff.

Maybe because it’s really weird that a single adult feels the need to justify having space to himself to someone who he’s not romantically linked to? Maybe OP doesn’t realise he has the right to have his own space and his own time to himself? I dunno. I guess it’s super foreign to me as I wouldn’t even dream of having to ask anyone’s permission to do anything in regards to my own stuff.
Maybe you are right but maybe less assumptions about the OP and his relationship and more creative thinking about how to secretly get high and recover from meth in just 3 days would be more helpful and on topic. He’s here for a clever short-term getting high fix and hasn’t asked for a long-term relationship solution. Although there has been enough said about that that he may be prompted to start a new thread in Sex, Love, and Relationships where those issues are perhaps better discussed if he wants help on that area?

Well here's a fucking thought:

If the status quo is so important to the OP then how about the OP makes a choice in the same way as the OP advised somebody else to do on another thread on a far more serious issue:

Not to judge, but she's pregnant and she's using meth? As another poster advised, she perhaps should choose between the meth and the pregnancy. If she's early stage, an abortion would be better for her and the baby.

This especially seeing as the OP (apparently) only gets high once per year on meth. (so we're not exactly talking about dependence or addiction here now are we):

i occasionally get high (which is about once a year usually if I'm out of town).

So far as I can tell from the OP's other posts around here the above should rather read something along the lines of "i occasionally get high on meth. (which is about once a year usually if I'm out of town".).

Believe me: this was a much longer post but edited for the sake of politeness (and not only to the OP).

Well here's a fucking thought:

Mate, that’s great detective work but I don’t see how it contributes anything to keeping either the whole forum or this thread on point. You’ve now just injected what seems like personal animosity into a mess of moralising. All this in a place that prides itself on non-judgementalsm and is full to the brim with revelations of appalling behaviour.

This thread is about practical ideas for stealing time away from a regular life to get high on meth. Any issues you have with what was posted in the other thread should be dealt with there. However, I can’t see any hypocrisy in a self-confessed occasional meth user stating pregnacy and meth don’t go together.

Maybe I'm trying to help as oppose to encourage. Think about that one for minute.

So for the sake of one binge the OP is happy to run the risk of jeopardizing the status quo and such status quo, I assume, being important enough to the OP to be starting a thread asking for advice as to how to get some free time on their hands to have a little bit of fun for a few hours or for a day or two?

That was my point i.e. we all have choices to make. Nothing at all to do with what was posted on the other thread i.e. I was merely using the OP's own logic to make my point clear. And such had nothing to do with the DOC, pregnancy, or anything else for that matter.

Seeing as we're at odds on this:

Here's the converse. The OP follows the advice given on this thread, somehow gets caught out (shit just happens sometimes), and the whole nice and neat house of cards comes tumbling down. Next thing you know: the OP will pop up on the suicide support thread!

Maybe I'm trying to help as oppose to encourage. Think about that one for minute.

So for the sake of one binge the OP is happy to run the risk of jeopardizing the status quo and such status quo, I assume, being important enough to the OP to be starting a thread asking for advice as to how to get some free time on their hands to have a little bit of fun for a few hours or for a day or two?

That was my point i.e. we all have choices to make. Nothing at all to do with what was posted on the other thread i.e. I was merely using the OP's own logic to make my point clear. And such had nothing to do with the DOC, pregnancy, or anything else for that matter.

Seeing as we're at odds on this:

Here's the converse. The OP follows the advice given on this thread, somehow gets caught out (shit just happens sometimes), and the whole nice and neat house of cards comes tumbling down. Next thing you know: the OP will pop up on the suicide support thread!
I accept your logic and can see a harm reduction perspective in what your second post expresses, but I feel that everyone is overthinking things here. Putting my feet in the OPs shoes I’m thinking why on earth did I bother. On the other hand maybe everyone is usefully looking at this from a larger perspective than me and the OP will be grateful for that. If so, well done everybody.

In either case I don’t think I have anything further to contribute. I’ve given my answer to the OP question and made as much effort to keep things focussed as is reasonable. BTW - all the above posts are made in my personal capacity as a member and not as a mod and are therefore just opinions and suggestions

I have no issues.

I'd go so far as to say this:

If the OP were a regular user I'd not have even bothered to post here. But that's not the case (at least not insofar as meth. is concerned anyway) (so far as I've been able to glean from some of the OP's other posts on various other threads anyway).

Matter of fact: I'm not even flying the "drug harm reduction" flag in this case (that line has become ever so blurred where I'm now concerned). Probably more a piece of advice re: the risk/reward ratio of a proposed course of action is all.

Op obviously already knows how to lie. Posted simply to get creative with it. Own your shit. And don’t flutter by and get our well meaning but at the moment a bit malleable due to his own glass dick affair mod in the ditch with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.