• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Meth- Daily use

Here's my take,
I started using meth at work with my Co worker about 5 months ago, having never tried it before then but fairly experienced with other amphs. I also work in construction and the hours were very brutal, 7 day weeks for a while, 10+ hour days etc. I managed fairly well only doing it when I felt like it, initially started because of relationship and personal issues with depression at the time. It in many ways, as with pretty much everyone solved these issues and my life got better. The problem for me was just two or three binges solidified a a need to use it to function effectively at work. tolerance just builds so quickly, and reliance builds so quickly that you need to manage to perfection to not potentially spiral. You might be higher than normal one day, forget or are unable to pick up more product when you need, or maybe you for some reason cannot smoke before work, its so highly likely that you will find yourself in a situation to get high that shouldn't be in, for example just once you'll smoke in the Porto potty or skipping meals even just a couple times becoming weaker and more tired, thus dosing more. EVEN THEN you don't think there's and issue because you end up having a great day....

I know you probably already know all this already, I'm definitely not as experienced, the problem is that Meth can often make you blind to an issue because it literally makes everything all good. And it is, as long as you manage it close to flawless, the potential for it to spiral can occur on a daily or weekly basis, shit even an hourly basis. You can't misstep and break a strict routine otherwise you will gurenteed lose weight, and energy at least for me. It really is a compounding spiral that you cannot allow yourself to get into, it is very hard though because life can get into the way of routines...ofc as long as you sleep at least a couple hours, as long as you always have meth, you'll probably be fine. Another issue is that being high on meth all the time, even in controlled doses does fuck with the mind at least for me I've found it's important to have bad, long, tough days to keep perspective and avoid emotional numbness, a few days of breaks periodically will probably help you manage in the long run because I think getting too comfortable in a constant buzz can lead to certain situations you might not want to be in

I think its most definitely possible, I have people at my work who have used 10 plus years and are "fine" they just are definitely addicted to meth, can hardly work without it. That's another issue although it will perhaps be manageable, in the end you will be addicted to meth. Not a meth head, tweaker, or psychotic individual, don't shame yourself by thinking that (negative thoughts like that might even contribute to a spiral) but you will be addicted to a medicinal and controlled amount of meth, that is gurenteed to occur. You have to be comfortable with that. Its such a fun and potentially beneficial drug, but it is a very windy and slippery slope because of how quickly certain acts of the moment can compound to a spiral of increased cravings and tolerance.
Its a tough thing to do, the added stress of controlling might be too much for some people. Like damn for me I slip up and binge just for maybe a day and a half and I drop weight (not sure about your body type) and I drop weight, and lose muscle strength and need meth to push through. Everyone's different though. Bottom line, DO NOT BINGE unless you like to take risks, and don't take on weekends, although shit man.. That can be hard

After going through a rough patch, and failing cold turkey, I've been gradually tapering down to lower dosages..i actually leave my job and have two weeks off, that's when I plan to quit, I'm lucky I have that off time.
I used to eat it, eventually I had too high a tolerance and everytime I'd increase slightly I'd be fucking rolling and work, tingling to the point of being out of breath.. It's awesome but Jesus sometimes it's just too much. So I resorted to snorting somewhere around 3 points a day just to maintain. However snorting is slippery too because it's fun to just bump a little more when a daunting task presents itself.. I do have self control problems, idk about you

Sorry this is long and ranty, i didn't follow my own advice and binged two days and a half days, longest I've gone, back from a long ass day at work and I'm fuckin beat and out of dopamine.. I'm also a dumbass don't be like me if you're serious about this. The problems may arise from any direction ay anytime, stay disciplined man

What dose? I'm on 7.5mg Abilify 2.5 upon waking 5mg at bedtime. But sleep problems persist and I'm not even using stimulants. I shouldn't be awake at just after 5:30am right now.
Abilify is activating and lots of people have problems sleep;ing on it. Can you take your whole dose in the morning? It actually works by achieving a steady state plasma level so it does not matter what time you take your dose. I can usually sleep with just 25 mg seroquel. Sometimes 50 mg if I’ve been taking stimulants. Never more, unless it’s been a real bender involving psychedelics as well